Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: UPCs Not Known is system

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
gypsyarj (Amber J.)

Subject: UPCs Not Known is system
Date Posted: 7/5/2009 10:45 AM ET

Okay I have a question before I do anything..I don't want to start a riot or anything..lol I have 2 dvds I bought at Blockbuster both are wishlisted howevber the upc numbers for both arent in the system. Now on one I've been waiting for over a week for the system to find info so I can post it I don't want to have these stacking up on my desk is there a way to find out who is number one for certain dvds without me listing these and then having someone mad because they were skipped? The play and are in very good condition we just didn't want to keep them. Any help would be appreciated :-) Thanks

Amber

KingKong (Kyle T.)

Date Posted: 7/5/2009 12:12 PM ET

As far as I know, Amber, there's no exact way to know who is #1 in line for a wishlisted item, though you can look through people's wishlists to see if its on there, a time consuming process, but if it is something with a couple hundred wishers, chances are you'll find someone pretty quick who has it wishlisted.

The best solution is probably just to list them here in the bazaar for buddied credits...dozens of wishlisted items are listed here every month without forethought as to who is first in line for them....it is very nice of you to be concerned about that, but chances are if someone orders it from you in here it will be someone who is wishing for it whether they are first in line or not, and as long as that happens and that person takes it off their wishlist, then several members in line will move up a little...that's always good.

gypsyarj (Amber J.)

Date Posted: 7/5/2009 12:18 PM ET

Okay thanks. Well here's the 2 movies I have if anyone is interested list here and pm me we'll make the arrangements.

The Spirit ( Samuel L. Jackson)

One movie left to go :-)

Last Edited on: 7/5/09 1:50 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
Kodiak (Bob S.)

Date Posted: 7/5/2009 12:21 PM ET

I don't think you can find who is number one in the waiting list.  Other than posting a request on the bazaar and hoping everyone will be honest.  Also, there may be several copies with different UPC for the same movie, thus more than one waiting list for the same movie.  Heck, toss them out here and see if you get any takers.  I have offered unpostable versions with over 50 people wishlisting a movie and had no takers.  Most people want to be able to trade movies they recieve and an unpostable simply takes away a credit.  Are there movies I plan to keep and are worth a credit....you had better believe it.

Last Edited on: 7/5/09 12:22 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 7/5/2009 1:39 PM ET

I've just requested MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D.   It's good that you listed it here because without the glasses you can't list it even if you had the right UPC.

Thanks,

gypsyarj (Amber J.)

Date Posted: 7/5/2009 1:46 PM ET

okay its yours