Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: I was position 1 of 6, now I'm suddenly 2 of 8..how come?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
jorgito2001 (Jorge S.)

Subject: I was position 1 of 6, now I'm suddenly 2 of 8..how come?
Date Posted: 8/7/2009 10:33 AM ET

This is of course, related to a DVD on my wishlist.  How did I get "kicked down" from the #1 spot?

I had the DVD at #2 & moved it to #4 on my wishlist order...just changing the order 2 spots moved me down from the #1 spot?!?! 

Kodiak (Bob S.)

Date Posted: 8/7/2009 10:48 AM ET

In a heartbeat!  Your number one selection is weighed substantialy more heavily than any other choice.   If you look at the graph in the explaination of the wish list, you will see an exponential drop in points accumulation as you go down in priority on your wishlist.  Another thing that will suprize you as well as frustrate you is if someone has an item on hold and they take it off, it could show up ahead of you.  Another is if the person does not have enough credits and the have elected auto accept, their selection will not show ahead of you, but the minute they get the credits, wham, it appears ahead of you.  Best rule of thumb, rate them the way you want them.  I always keep something obtainable in my number one slot and adjust others as they move or as it becomes obvious they are not going to move.  If I am in the 1st spot for a DVD, I put it on auto request if I really want it.  A lot of members will post a wishlisted item faster if they do not have to wait two days for you to make up your mind.  Just a few tips.....

sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Date Posted: 8/7/2009 11:51 AM ET

happens all the time I keep going from number 1 to number 2 on Tales from the darkside season 1 , even though I have it number one on my wish list...The graph is too confusing and I don' t understand how I could be number 1 for a few days and then drop to 2 the next day, then back to 1, then back to 2 and blah blah it just repeats itself over and over.......eventually when I have grandchildren I will receive this movie...lol : )   

KnJFisher (Jennifer F.)

Subject: Oh yeah!
Date Posted: 8/7/2009 12:11 PM ET

I have had "Rock n Rolla" at the number one spot on my WL since 1/12/2009.  Most of that time I have been #2 FINALLY last week I was #1! Well now I am #2 again...so frustrating!!!

SwapaDVDTeam (Admin S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Subject: Wish List Position
Date Posted: 8/7/2009 12:17 PM ET

We try to make your current position in line as accurate as possible. To make the number accurate we do not count members in front of you if they have their Wish on Auto Request but do not have enough SwapaDVD credits. The reason for this is that they will be passed over in line while they do not have enough credits to request. For this reason, you can appear to move backwards or forwards when another member is low on credits, but then earns credits or purchases credits to replenish their account.

Also, when members go on Vacation Hold and their Wish is on 48 Hour Offer they are not counted.  When they return they are counted again. The reason for this is that the 48 Hour Offers do not occur while you are on Vacation but your DVDs on Auto Request will still be requested.

Of course, it is also possible that a member ahead of you received a damaged or wrong DVD, or the DVD was lost, and therefore he/she would be returned to the original position in the Wish List line.

We have tried to make your current position as accurate as possible at any point in time but doing so means that it will have slight fluctuations.

jorgito2001 (Jorge S.)

Date Posted: 8/7/2009 4:44 PM ET

Makes sense...so it goes to argue that you shouldn't mess with your Top 5 & they should be on 'Auto Request' if you really want them.

Maybe I'll do one final tweak before the weekend & not touch it anymroe in hopes I get my goodies...my current #1 I've been at 3/5 for EVER!

jorgito2001 (Jorge S.)

Date Posted: 8/10/2009 4:58 PM ET

Alright, here's ANOTHER related issue (hope its OK to bring this one back to life as opposed to creating a whole new thread).

I was 1/2 and someone finally posted the DVD last week...early this morning, the poster "backed out" & I was put back in the que.  When I went back in the que, I was now 2/3?!?!?!  This DVD was my #1...so unsure why I was moved down as I thought I'd automatically get put back at the #1 spot.  So confusing.

FYI: i still have the DVD on Auto-Request.