Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: Snow White BluRay

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
ischivalrydead (Karyn B.)

Subject: Snow White BluRay
Date Posted: 11/12/2009 2:26 PM ET
No I'm serious.  I just bought the new "Diamond Edition" Disney DVD?Blu Ray combo pack of this movie.  But I'm really disappointed.  All I wanted was the DVD, but Walmart doesn't sell that apparently.  This package has the DVD of the feature film, and 2 Blu Ray discs--one of the feature film, and the one with all the Bonus material.  I want the bonus material --on DVD-- and I don't want to have to buy a blu ray player to watch it.  Does anyone out there have the DVD (only) 2-disc pack?  The one that has the DVD bonus extras of Disney through the Ages, etc.  I am referring to the OCTOBER 2001 RELEASE of this DOUBLE DISC DISNEY DVD. 
Description of second DVD disc is as follows: "There's also an entire second disc of bonus material, including original artwork, storyboards, and animation tests never before seen by the public, as well as: the original opening and closing credits from the film's initial RKO release; vintage trailers and publicity material; a look at how the film was restored for DVD release; footage from the film's world premier; and much, much more."
DVD release was 10/09/2001   I can't find the UPS to be specific but does anyone have THIS (in Excellent condition!)  My package has been opened but not played.  (It wasn't until I opened it that I realized the problem). 

PM me, as I am not watching this topic.  To be sure you have the one I want, send me the UPC...

Edited to remove "Wish List Even Trade" option.  My bad.

Last Edited on: 11/15/09 1:41 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
papaschild (Laura F.)

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 4:39 PM ET

Hi Karyn,
I really really hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but...
According to the rules, you can exchange movies for credits, but not for other movies, even the same title.  If you post your blu-ray version you will get 6 credits for it (!!!), and you can use those credits to request a dvd.  The rules seem pretty clear on this, but I am double-checking with the other tour guides, since you are going about it a little differently than I've seen before.  In the meantime, will you please remove your offer?  Thanks Karyn!
blessings,
Laura

PS:  PM-ing you also 

You are NOT ALLOWED to offer a member something from their Wish List in exchange for sending something off your Wish List.  This is a rule.

You are NOT ALLOWED to bypass our whole request process by making 1-for-1 deals with POSTABLE DVDs.  This is a rule.

Last Edited on: 11/12/09 4:42 PM EST - Total times edited: 1

Subject: Geez
Date Posted: 11/12/2009 5:34 PM ET

Apparently I'm not allowed to do that.  Has to be someone reading the fine print.  OK I withdraw this offer.  I can post the BluRay and get 5 credits and wait till the other one comes through the wish list in like A YEAR.  THen get it for 2 credits.

Athough I know for a fact that if I see an item on a member's wish list, I can post it directly to that person's list.

Last Edited on: 11/12/09 5:39 PM EST - Total times edited: 1

Subject: FROM THE HELP DOCS...
Date Posted: 11/12/2009 5:46 PM ET

This box is apparently not working.  See below.

Last Edited on: 11/13/09 12:41 PM EST - Total times edited: 7
burielofmel (Jeff V.)

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 6:31 PM ET

Two people CAN post Snow White DVDs / Blurays to each other's wishlist, you just can advertise to find each other through the Bizaar.

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 11/12/2009 9:16 PM ET

You could always post it... get the 6 credits... sell them for 3.50 each in the bazaar.. and get $21 (which would be your $18 plus shipping that you paid for the blu ray... then buy the one you want.  just fyi.

But yes, Laura was correct, trading can only occur with credits.  Trading 1 for 1 is not allowed.

pierreplover (Aimee F.)

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 12:01 AM ET

Last Edited on: 11/13/09 7:30 PM EST - Total times edited: 1

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 12:37 PM ET

the regular version was released 8 years ago, in OCT of 2001.  This is a re-release of the same thing.

And I don't use PayPal but thanks for the sugestion.

FROM THE HELP DOCS:

Can I post a DVD directly to someone's Wish List?

Yes. If you have a DVD that is on someone's personal Wish List, then all you need to do to offer that DVD directly to that member (and NOT to the first person on the Wish List) is to go to the member's Wish List and click the button there.

Your DVD will be offered to that member first, no matter where he or she is in the Wish List for that DVD.

If that member does not request the DVD, it will then be offered to the first person on the wish list and continue to be offered until someone requests it or until it is posted into the general library.

note: SINCE I AM NOT DOING THIS "TOO OFTEN', I DON'T SEE IT AS A PROBLEM. If I post my BluRay to a member's Wish List (thus trading through the site) and they do the same, how is that against the rules? I see from what 2nd poster said just that I can not do an off site trade. Fair enough.

We hope that members do not do this too often, as FIFO+Wish List ranking is really the fairest way of swapping DVDs, but they are YOUR DVDs, and we wanted to offer this option to members who wished to use it.

Last Edited on: 11/13/09 12:43 PM EST - Total times edited: 3
aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 1:07 PM ET

Karyn,

As has been explained, the problem is not you posting directly to another's WL, it is advertizing in the bazaar for an even trade.  A Tour Guide Leader politely asked you to remove your post and you have not done so.  She posted the specific rules you are ignoring.  While I may have felt sympathetic to your plight in the beginning, your responses have alienated me and possibly others.  I imagine you hope the longer you leave it out there, the better the chance someone will pm you and take you up on your offer.  I doubt others will want to break the rules and risk losing their membership for you.

I understand you are frustrated, but please play by the same rules as the rest of us. 

burielofmel (Jeff V.)

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 6:35 PM ET

I'd like to add that chivalry is dead.

MrsBeccaC (Becca C.)

Date Posted: 11/13/2009 11:54 PM ET

As Laura already pointed out, you are not allowed to do a 1 for 1 trade as a rule.  This is posted in the rules for trading in the bazaar, not in the rules of the site.  I understand that you got a DVD/Blu-ray that you don't want, but if you post it into the system, get the credits and sell them for $3.50 each, you'll still recoup some of the money ($21 as was pointed out) and be able to purchase the correct DVD when it comes out.  I understand it won't be all of your money back but it's better than nothing and you'll also be able to get the one that you want.   You can always ask for the payment in the form of an Amazon E-Gift card, which can then be used to purchase the new DVD and they'll ship it to you within a reasonable time period. 

Amazon e-gift card info: https://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/order-email?ie=UTF8&ref_=gc_lp_preview_tight

Snow White on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwarfs-Adriana-Caselotti/dp/B001AQT11M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258174300&sr=8-1 it's on sale for $16.99 with pre-order and shipping is about $3 so you'd have plenty with selling credits at $3.50

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 11/15/2009 9:12 AM ET

ooh!  good one Becca!  i never thought about that

Subject: to all those who are so upset about this:
Date Posted: 11/15/2009 1:47 PM ET

I have contacted TPTD and they have told me I am doing nothing wrong.  They uderstand my intent here.  I have removed the one for one trade that everyone apparently was so offended at.  I have received many ABOVE board trade offers. 

My VERY SECOND POST said I retracted this offer.  Yet none of youi apparenty read that.  You just all jumped on me amd told me I wasn't playing fairly.  I guess you just didn't read my subsequent posts.  I'm not trying to scam the system.  The help docs say you CAN post to someone else's list.  They can post to yours.  I have an email from the site saying I CAN do it that way, as long as it's not all the time. This is one time. 

Chivalry is alive, just not in your atttudes.  Sto insulting me.  I CAN read.  I read what the 2nd poster said and changed my offer --actually, removed it, accordingly.  So get over it.

SwapaDVDTeam (Admin S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Subject: Although this trade is over, we just want to clarify
Date Posted: 11/17/2009 2:54 PM ET

We never gave the green light for an even trade. Here is our word for word response to Karyn's feedback:

Dear Karyn,

Yes, you can definitely post directly to another member's Wish List (on a limited basis). You just can't do 1-for-1 DVD trades with postable DVDs in the Bazaar.

Thanks so much for checking with us- we understand you did not intentionally try to break any rules. Also, please understand our Tour Guides are volunteers who do a great job helping us out by making the rules clear to other members. They aren't out to ruin anyone's day! We can't be everywhere at once, so we really rely on Tour Guides to help out in certain aspects like this.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for being a Charter Member of the best DVD club in America. Please tell everyone who enjoys watching movies about our club, because the more members we have the more DVDs for everyone to trade!

We hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

The SwapaDVD Team
www.SwapaDVD.com

One-for-one trades are not allowed.

sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2009 3:43 PM ET

omg this is so funny:)

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2009 4:15 PM ET

Thank you SaDVD staff for clarifying!!

haydee (Haydee S.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2009 4:30 PM ET

Last Edited on: 11/17/09 4:30 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
jorgito2001 (Jorge S.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2009 4:31 PM ET

I saw this post many days ago when it only had maybe 2 or 3 posts on it....came in today wondering why its still near the top of the Bazaar forum...

Not trying to choose sides here in any way...but some of you guys can be a tad HARSH!  Any newbies reading most of your replies can scare off potential SADers & "lurkers".  I go by the old Metropolitan Records' saying, "Its nice to be important, but its more important to be NICE!"...the faulty offer was withdrawn, all is well.

:)

Last Edited on: 11/17/09 4:33 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Robey (Robey S.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2009 5:47 PM ET

Last Edited on: 11/17/09 5:48 PM EST - Total times edited: 1