Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: This is getting rediculous

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Sierrastar (Sharon C.)

Subject: This is getting rediculous
Date Posted: 1/4/2017 5:49 PM ET

They need to Start a page just for Selling Credits.  I have to gho thru hundreds of pages just to find deals or DVD's  

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 1/4/2017 6:21 PM ET

There are a lot of credit sales on here and the sister sites.  I am planning to offer a deal soon.  My DVD shelves are full and I need room.  

tomaszycki586 (Mary R.)

Date Posted: 1/4/2017 6:42 PM ET

200 pages takes you back to August of 2011.  I hope that you don't think those deals would still be valid!

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 1/4/2017 7:47 PM ET

Out of 50 posts on the front only 12 are selling credits. Plus theres a lot of activity within threads that if broken out would account for a lot more non credit selling activity (like the wl multiples thread)

EyesMalloy (David B.)

Date Posted: 1/4/2017 8:13 PM ET

That would certainly make life easier, wouldn't it?

flstevehayden (Steve H.)

Date Posted: 1/5/2017 9:01 AM ET

I would sure like to see them in their own thread.  Like what was done with the mulitibles

Sierrastar (Sharon C.)

Subject: to Mary R
Date Posted: 1/5/2017 4:37 PM ET

No I am intelligent enough to know things posted in Aug would not be atill available but was looking for a few particular movies and if I saw one listed I would PM that person to see if it was on their tower. it was just a suggestion that others have asked before because they don't sell credits and are only looking for DVDS.

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 1/6/2017 5:45 AM ET

The credit posts aren't stopping you from doing that... that's like saying that I only want DVDs, so all posts offering Blu deals should be consolidated in a separate post. The credit posts really don't take up that much space.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 1/6/2017 10:34 AM ET

I don't think the OP was talking about blus, in particular, but only commenting on the number of credit sale posts.  I'd also like to see them in their own thread, but this has been posted about repeatedly and they remain as an annoyance in the bazaar. 

tneagle (Kenny H.)

Subject: agree
Date Posted: 1/6/2017 7:23 PM ET

I agree that the many posts wanting to sell credits for $3 is redundant. I understand that credits need to go for $3 each, but the posts were more interesting when there were different credit prices and deals. It would probably be a good idea to have a separate thread for selling credits since they are all now $3 each.

My main dislike is the Wishlist Multiples. I think it undermines a member's wishlist. Just like credits need to be sold for $3 each to keep the club healthy, Wishlist Multiples should be abolished. Items should be entered into the system so the Wishlist would work better/quicker.

Peace.

gameboy1009 (Michael R.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2017 2:32 AM ET

I agree 100%

repoman (John B.)

Subject: Bad Economics
Date Posted: 1/11/2017 10:02 AM ET

I agree that the catalyst for the overposting of credits is the $3. limitation.  I don't believe this was properly thought though.

Certainly it undermines the free market system, but in a world where used dvd's are cheaper every day (check pawn shops, flea markets and CL), artiffically raising the price of the product is counter-intuitive - folks are less likely to post due to shrinking demand and less likely to buy due to rising prices, not a good economic model.  jc

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 1/11/2017 12:51 PM ET

Pure and simple.  If it costs less to buy them, then to mail DVDs for credits, people stop posting and just buy them.  The staff made a wise decision but maybe a little late.  Too many members got used to getting credits this way and using the website as a way of making money instead of exchanging DVDs/blu-rays (the real purpose of SwapaDVD).  

Yes, it's harder to sell credits now.  I haven't been able to sell even one since the change.  Instead I've used them to get things on my wishlist.  I don't feel bad that someone who never posted anything can no longer just buy them for under $2. and get wishlisted items before those who do post.  Yes, there will be members who drop out because it's now harder to make money on here.  But I've seen more trading going on from those who are not using it for income.

Yes, I'll probably be attacked by those who are having a harder time making money on here and by those who got used to getting their wants for under $2.   To them I say, the site was meant to let members exchange blu-rays/DVDs, not to sell credits.  We should be glad that it's allowed at all. 

Last Edited on: 1/11/17 8:31 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
msc1208 (Michael C.)

Date Posted: 1/11/2017 11:06 PM ET

To the person who was complaining about the Wish List Multiples forum - 

The purpose of the Wishlist multiples section is to save money on shipping costs for those of us who like to trade or order in bulk. Not to "skip" those in line or sidestep that process. The wishlist multiples forum is open to all members that take the time to check it out. 

It essentially costs the same to mail out 3 DVD's as it does to mail a single DVD (or Blu-ray) and only about 50 cents more to include a 4th or 5th item in the same package. 

Last week I mailed out 6 packages that will end up being a total of 30 credits once all are received. Those 6 packages contained a total of 15 items (some were Blu-ray) and there is no way I could have afforded to mail out 15 individual packages all in the same week, so the Wishlist Multiples forum does serve a purpose even if some people do not agree with it. and like I said it is open to all members.

I will use the majority (if not all) of my accumulated credits (eventually) for other items through the club or Wishlist multiples forum and there is very little chance I will try to sell any, although credits are piling up faster than I can use them at the moment and I won't say that I won't ever try to sell some of them at some point - But at least I know they are there for me when Wish List items are granted or if I see multiple items from another member in the WL Multiples post.

I used to buy credits from others when they were dirt cheap because it was cheap and convenient. Not because I didn't want to part with titles from my collection that I had already viewed and it wasn't because I didn't want to pay to mail out the discs, it was just more convenient than finding the time to package orders and make a trip to the post office if I am being honest. 

Now the credits end up costing me way less in shipping fees than they ever did when purchasing from others at $2 or $2.50 a piece. I never factor in the original cost of the discs I mail out because the point is I will eventually get a disc to replace the one I mailed. So the change in price has generated more trades for those of us that use the club often and that was the whole point of the new pricing rule - to generate more actual trades.  

I initially wasn't thrilled about it, but now I am trading more often, Others are getting some great stuff from me, and I am getting some great stuff for myself from others. You know - THE WHOLE POINT OF THE CLUB. 

msc1208 (Michael C.)

Date Posted: 1/11/2017 11:08 PM ET

correction to the post above - when I said that "It essentially costs the same to mail out 3 DVD's as it does to mail a single DVD (or Blu-ray)" I meant in the same package, not individually of course. I just realized I didn't word it properly.