Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Can anyone help???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Tazlvr (Melissa C.)

Subject: Can anyone help???
Date Posted: 1/22/2019 6:37 PM ET

Hi,

I had a box set of dvds that was granted to me from my wish list. I was so excited for it to finally be available, so of course I requested it, however when I received it today, the the original cover box with the UPC was not included, I did not think you were allowed to post that into the system, without the UPC, I thought that would be considered unpostable, the person included the UPC number on a separate piece of paper, Is that allowed? I wouldn’t be able to repost that would I? This set was 9 credits. And I feel kinda gyped and cheated. Any ideas of what I neeed to do if anything or am I stuck, please help.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 1/22/2019 8:55 PM ET

This set is unpostable. You are not allowed to send a DVD without a UPC as a regular system trade.  A hand written note is not okay.  Mark it received with a problem, and select wrong DVD.  No, you wouldn't be able to trade it in the usual way.

Contact the SWAP team if you have already received this DVD in.  Check under the Help Center tab above.

What the trader should have done was trade it in the DVD Bazaar.  This is where you are allowed to trade DVDs without UPC's, or missing artwork, etc.  A trader states what the issue with the DVD is.  If a DVD is wishlisted it's possible someone will still want it.

Tazlvr (Melissa C.)

Date Posted: 1/23/2019 6:44 PM ET

Thanks so much for your help. 🙂

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 1/27/2019 4:43 PM ET

If you are certain that the set did originally have an outer case that was not sent to you, I'd agree that it was unpostable - because it did not include all artwork.

Now, some DVD sets are made without a UPC on the box, but wrapped in film with a UPC sticker put on the film (HBO releases are a common example).  Such a box set is postable if the original UPC sticker is included. [http://www.swapadvd.com/help/search.php?terms=upc "If the sender includes the "official" UPC that was on something attached to the item at some point (the cellophane, the paper band, etc.), we can also accept that as postable."] 

It isn't clear to me from OP's description that the sheet of paper had a hand-written UPC (it could have been an original UPC taped to a sheet of paper), so I'm not as certain that this set was actually unpostable.  If the UPC was hand-written, then I'd agree that it was unpostable.

-bret

Tazlvr (Melissa C.)

Date Posted: 1/27/2019 6:25 PM ET

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it, after further research, both box sets were unpostable. 

DonaldStafford (Donald S.)

Subject: 0
Date Posted: 1/28/2019 4:22 PM ET

Last Edited on: 1/28/19 5:15 PM EST - Total times edited: 2

Date Posted: 1/31/2019 2:47 AM ET

I need help want to list many DVDs and they're not in the system there all USA Hollywood films with UPC codes. I click auto add to the system but I got no message and it was not added to the system.  I need to find the proper forum thread. my biggest trouble in not understanding the forums. someone, please post a link to the right forum I can ask the mods to list the movie.

anyone listing need this UPC link it has every code ever share it and bookmark it 

https://www.upcitemdb.com/upc/24543406440

Date Posted: 1/31/2019 2:50 AM ET

why on swap a cd can you send cd only but on swapadvd you cant?   and how do I trade in the forums  wish this site has youtube walkthroughs

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 2/1/2019 6:40 PM ET

Your profile is showing photos of games, not movies.  This site is only for swapping movies.  There is no companion site for swapping games, just ones for Books and Music CDs

To learn about how to trade in the forums, go to the Bazaar http://www.swapadvd.com/forum/forum.php?f=24 and read the pinned note "Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar".