Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Wishlist Item With Damaged Artcover...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
summer-rose (Summer R.)

Subject: Wishlist Item With Damaged Artcover...
Date Posted: 8/18/2019 2:25 AM ET

I received a Wishlist movie today and I want to know what can I do...

I belive this movie might have come from a library, which doesnt really bother me but it has a sticker on the artwork and there is a huge chunk of art that has been cut with scissors at the bottom of the spine. I really dont think I should pay the fee + the 2 credits for a ruined art cover. Discs do look good. What do I do. Should I ask to get my credits back? Let me know thanks so much =)

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 8/18/2019 10:24 AM ET

Summer there are guidelines about cover art damage. I think it is 1&1/2" 

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 8/18/2019 10:45 AM ET

From the help docs - "What are the requirements for posting a DVD?"

The DVD must be original (not a copy) and must be in its original case (or the same type of case as the original) with all the original artwork.  The DVD must be 100% playable (minor scratches that do not affect the playability are acceptable).  Please make sure your DVDs and their cases are clean and free of any dirt, lint, liquid spills, pungent smells etc. The cover artwork needs to be in good condition without any rips or tears greater than 1/2".

Last Edited on: 8/18/19 10:46 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
summer-rose (Summer R.)

Date Posted: 8/18/2019 7:08 PM ET

The cut is definitley a tad bit bigger then the size of a quarter.

Do I mark this dvd with a problem? I've never had this happen before so I dont know what to do

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 8/18/2019 9:16 PM ET

Tracy, do you have the URL for that section of the help docs? I was looking for it recently when I received a DVD with a half inch square cut out of the bottom of the spine and a 1 x 2 inch rectangle cut out of the top left corner of the front. I couldn't find the rules on artwork condition that I had remembered from long ago so I could quote them to the sender, so I figured perhaps the rules had changed. So I accepted the DVD, but did send the sender a message saying that I am going to feel obligated to the next member who requests this disc, letting them know it's damaged. If they don't want it, I'll have to remove it from my tower.

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 8/18/2019 9:36 PM ET

Kevin, here's the link: https://www.swapadvd.com/help/search.php?terms=What+are+the+requirements+for+posting+a+DVD

Summer, I have marked a DVD or 2 as received with a problem for damaged artwork.  When I've marked it that way the damage to the artwork was obvious (in at least one case) it was extensive.  I felt that it should have been obvious to the sender (new member or not) that the DVD was not postable.  Other times (like Kevin) I let the sender know that it was damaged.

summer-rose (Summer R.)

Date Posted: 8/18/2019 11:51 PM ET

I marked it with a problem and got my credits and fee back, thanks for the help :)

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 8/23/2019 10:38 AM ET

Cut out artwork is damage.  I just had to RWAP one for that reason, and felt bad about it, but that's the rule.