Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: Dollar Tree having some good sales!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
Solvanda (Samuel K.)

Date Posted: 12/13/2019 3:57 PM ET

Boxes and boxes of new blurays and dvds today, at both stores in town.  Tons of BBC titles, mostly series.  Quite a few PBS, ITV, and RLJ.  Some interesting Echo Bridges and quite a few Magnet horror releases.  And some Syfy Channel movies.

Thinking of stepping over to a town next door which has 3 stores.

FritzFassbender (Nathaniel B.)

Date Posted: 12/14/2019 6:25 PM ET

DVDs finally came to my Dollar Tree.   Very disappointed.   Way more titles than I've ever seen there, and I didn't find one I wanted.   The only thing I bought was a new copy of The Life & Death of Peter Sellers to replace my scratched-up disc.

Didn't see any BBC, PBS or classic Blu-Rays, but I did see a ton of movies starring Kevin Sorbo or Armand Assante.

Last Edited on: 12/14/19 8:57 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Solvanda (Samuel K.)

Date Posted: 12/14/2019 6:59 PM ET

Ended up going to 3 other stores last night, and all had new shipments of Dvds/Blus.  Extended holiday hours...open until 10 PM.  One store had boxes just laying in the middle of the aisle, unopened.  Total trip hazard.  I brought this up to the cashier there and he asked me to bring the unopened boxes to the register.  He opened them in front of me and then spent a couple minutes going through the titles himself, picking out ones he wanted before handing the box over to me.  Kind of surreal that was...I told him to take Trollhunter.  Great title :)  He said company policy is employees get first shot at Dvd/Blu titles.  Interesting.  He also said a woman had come in a few hours earlier and bought a complete box of unopened dvds/blus, without opening it first.

One store had tons of animated DC and Marvel titles.  Another had similar titles to the stores in my home town.  Seems to be a mixed bag with what is being sent out regionally.  Sorry you ran into a bad batch Nathaniel.  If there's any more stores close by, I'd say check em out!  You might hit the jackpot.

Last Edited on: 12/14/19 7:06 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 12/14/2019 7:00 PM ET

Sounds like the selection was very different depending on which side of the country you live in.  In the SF Bay area there were no BBC or PBS at all.  Seems each box had only 2 or 3 blu-rays and most were the same one.  Sounds like the BBC sets went to the other side of the counrty (Rats!!!).  I even had a chance to open some boxes before the manager gave me the evil eye.  I went for one of those Armand horror features.  Who knows, could be good (lol)?  Didn't see any Kevin Sorbo movies.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 12/15/2019 11:36 AM ET

I went to Dollar Tree a few weeks ago to buy a Santa felt to put above my simple Advent Calendar.

I forgot to check on the DVD's.

Yesterday I went to buy 2020 Calendars and I remembered to check the DVD's.

Wow! They had a big supply of DVD's and Blu-rays.

I started looking thru when I was joined by another customer. So we divied up, she on the left side and me on the right side.

I went thru most of the boxes. These were open boxes with the top cut off and placed on the shelves. 

I bought

Scooby Doo! And KISS Rock and Roll Mystery Original Movie. 

Timecrimes

PBS Super Skyscrapers Blu-ray

PBS JFK Like No Other

BBC Bible Mysteries Mary, Peter and the Crucifixion

Solvanda (Samuel K.)

Date Posted: 12/15/2019 2:04 PM ET

Wow, Timecrimes has really good reviews, some saying it's the best time travel movie they've ever seen.  16 wishers.

It is recommended to use the subtitles, as this makes a huge difference in tone.

Nirvana678 (Michael A.)

Date Posted: 5/28/2020 10:13 PM ET

I think Dollar Tree is getting a new batch of films this week. Not as good as last week in the store I visited. I see a lot of Dollar Tree dvds getting posted and traded. 

Page: