Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Where is the UPC?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Jacob M.

Subject: Where is the UPC?
Date Posted: 12/10/2019 9:41 AM ET

Hello,

I was going to post some GoT Blu-Rays and am having trouble finding the UPC. Season 6 had it right on the box but all the other seasons don't seem to have it. They are in boxes with all the stuff inside but there must have been something on the outside originally. There are multiple versions of each season so I want to make sure to post them correctly. Any ideas or thoughs on where to look?

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 12/10/2019 10:19 AM ET

I have 2 sets of Game of Thrones somewhere on my Shelves.  I think there is a paper on the outside of the case with the upc.  The paper is very lightly attached so it can be removed.  I am not sure until I can find my copy.  

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 12/10/2019 4:08 PM ET

If it does not have a upc you can offer it in the DVD Bazaar as unpostable.  

AMMODOG (Roy A.)

Date Posted: 2/1/2020 4:15 AM ET

I get random boxed of DVDs on E Bay and I've come across a few that for whatever reason don't have UPCs. I found a site that I can search for the DVD and it lists the UPC (dvdempire.com) which I just copy and paste. 9 times out of 10 it works.

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 2/1/2020 11:04 AM ET

Hi Roy,

Do NOT look up the UPC on-line and post DVDs that way.  DVD's and Blu-Rays without UPCs are not postable.  If you send one of these out, the recipient should mark your DVD as received with a problem.  You shouldn't get credits for these transactions.

As Valerie pointed out, list DVDs without UPCs in the DVD Bazaar thread.  People can choose to receive an unpostable DVD.

From the SWAP Rules:  SwapaDVD is for the exchange of used original (not burned or copied) DVDs of all genres.  DVDs must be original and playable, with the UPC printed on the DVD or accompanying (original) artwork. DVDs do NOT need to be in like-new condition. You should not expect to receive DVDs in like-new condition.

Last Edited on: 2/1/20 11:05 AM EST - Total times edited: 2
Kevin R.

Date Posted: 2/1/2020 11:17 AM ET

Box sets from HBO (and several other labels) typically have the UPC code on a paper slip or wraparound card. Whenever you buy (or receive) one of these, DO NOT discard that slip or card! Keep it in a safe place (perhaps even inside the box, if possible). It is absolutely necessary to retain it if you want to trade the set through the system. If you buy such sets at second hand shops, you will very, very rarely get the UPC code with it. Consider such copies as keepers, or as bazaar trading stock, or as freebies to give out as incentives for ordering from your tower.

AMMODOG (Roy A.)

Date Posted: 6/9/2020 4:56 AM ET

I understand Tracy. It's rare that I come across one without a UPC. Usually this site will not recognize an existing UPC and in that situation I will look the DVD up and for some reason It's a different UPC than is on the DVD but the system takes it. I make sure the picture is the same before I submit it.

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 6/9/2020 10:22 AM ET

Roy: DO NOT post a title if the UPC on the case does NOT match the UPC in the system. You must enter the UPC from the case, and if the system does not return a match, the title is unpostable. You are risking having a member "receive with a problem" if you send it out, because they will be unable to post on their tower.