Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Scam?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Charles W.

Subject: Scam?
Date Posted: 5/28/2020 5:41 PM ET

Ok a fellow member told me they had an unpostable bluray and to send them 2 credits,well guess what a month later no movie and they wont answer my messages,am i screwed on this? seems like a great scam to get free credits.

robinmy (Robin M.)

Date Posted: 5/28/2020 9:31 PM ET

You can try contacting the site owners about the problem and they should be able to look at the messages between you.  They can try messaging the other party.  I'd think if there was no response they could reverse the credits that you sent.  

I'm not sure if they will do anything since this is a deal for an unpostable, but you can always try.

silverscreensilent22 (Robbi C.)

Date Posted: 5/29/2020 10:03 AM ET

I received my credits back several years ago after I sent credits for an unpostable movie that was never mailed to me, and the swapper didn't answer my queries. So I'd try contacting the admins via the "contact us" link under Company.

Carolyn M.

Subject: ***Edited by SwapaDVD***
Date Posted: 1/24/2024 5:31 AM ET

Last Edited on: 1/29/24 12:18 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 1/24/2024 12:09 PM ET

Even if they can't return your credits, they can freeze or suspend the other member's account so it doesn't happen again.

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 3/11/2024 6:53 PM ET

Charles, there's a good way to check the member before you send credits for an unpostible DVD. Look at their information. It tells you how many DVDs they've traded in the past. If they have a large number of successful trades completed (like myself - lol) you probably will have no problems. But if they are new and don't have a track record (0 or few trades), you should ask them to send it first.  Hope this helps.