Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: DONE

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
ducky (David O.)

Subject: DONE
Date Posted: 11/13/2021 9:40 PM ET

Update: This set has been claimed.

-_-_-_

Just posted on my tower, complete 10 volume set., (posted as ten individual DVDs, Vols 1 through 10 as each have individual UPC codes.

Either search my tower for 'esteban' in lower case, or this link may work.

Nice for someone wanting to learn to play guitar.

Last Edited on: 2/14/22 11:23 PM EST - Total times edited: 7
melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 11/14/2021 1:20 PM ET

Bret, I stand corrected.  

I just tool a look at his posting and there's a really good reason for posting it here in the Bazaar.  The system has the wrong count of discs.  If someone were to request it, he'd only get 1 credit.  Probably a good idea for him to remove the listing until the Swap Team correct the disc number or just offer it here in the Bazaar.

Last Edited on: 11/14/21 8:33 PM EST - Total times edited: 3
Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 11/14/2021 4:44 PM ET

Lory, I disagree. 

The Bazaar is in fact the one place on the site specificially for advertising items on your shelf.  

This is stated in the help  section topic "How to Use the Discussion Forums", which specifically state:

"Advertisement or solicitation is not permitted in any member-contributed content on SwapaDVD, including the Discussion Forums and members' Forum sigs onSwapaDVD. (This does not include "advertising" your SwapaDVD Tower in the DVD  Bazaar.)"    (i.e. it is not not permitted to advertise your tower in the Bazaar)
and
"Topics advertising your DVDs must be confined to the DVD Bazaar.  This is a rule."
and
"
It is not recommended to start DVD Bazaar topics saying only "look at my tower!" or "order from me".  These topics clutter up the Bazaar and don't really help members know if you have anything on your tower that they might like. This is a recommendation." 

Furthermore, the sticky post in the Bazaar "Rules for Swapping in the Bazzar" states:

The DVD Bazaar is a forum where members can advertise:

1. DVDs/Blu-rays that are unpostable due to UPCs that are not in our database

2. DVDs/Blu-rays that are missing supplemental items mentioned in the item title (example: 3-D glasses). The post MUST make it clear which item(s) are not included.

3. DVDs/Blu-rays that do not have their original cases and/or artwork. This MUST be made clear in the post.

4. DVDs/Blu-rays that are on a member's "My DVD Tower"

Under these official site policies, posting about unusual items on one's shelf seems perfectly appropriate for the Bazaar.

Cheers,
-bret

ducky (David O.)

Subject: FYI - Each of the 10 DVDs have their own UPC code.
Date Posted: 11/14/2021 9:37 PM ET

So, each individual DVD is posted separately in my tower.

The system has different name formattings for the DVDs in this set, some have Esteban in ALL CAPS, some as Esteban for example.

Also, the first DVD is in the database says 1-10 in its title but is identified as 1 credit/disc.because it is only DVD 1 in the ten volume set.

Below is the order thry show up when searching my tower for 'esteban' in lower case:

Not sure why they have different naming conventions in the database.

Please Note: DVD 1 says 1-10 in the database DVD title, but is just ONE of the ten DVDs, it's the first DVD and has a single DVD disc.  Each of the ten DVDs have unique UPC codes, separate DVD cases and slipcover art.

Esteban Master Series Steel String Guitar Vol 1-10
ESTEBAN Master Series - Steel String Guitar Volume 2 (Complete Instructional Lesson Series for the Guitar)
Esteban Complete Instructional Lessons Series Volume 5
Esteban Master Seies Vol. 3
ESTEBAN Master Series steel string guitar volume 4
ESTEBAN Master series volume 6
Esteban Master Series Steel String Guitar Volume 7.
ESTEBAN Master Series steel string guitar volume 8
ESTEBAN MASTER SERIES steel string guitar volume 9
Esteban Master Series Steel String Guitar Volume 10.

Seems odd that these are named so differently in the database names, also some display in the database with slipcover, others don't have a picture, others have what looks like a user added image. 

The ten DVDs themselves all have consistently designed slipcover art, each of the 10 DVDs  have their own separate DVD case, unique UPC code and own unique slip cover art.

Last Edited on: 11/14/21 10:08 PM EST - Total times edited: 4
ducky (David O.)

Subject: This Set Has Been Claimed
Date Posted: 1/26/2022 6:21 PM ET

No longer available, this set has been claimed.