Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: How Long Does It Take???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Shar (Sharon F.)

Subject: How Long Does It Take???
Date Posted: 1/4/2022 8:21 AM ET

Come on people!  I requested a movie on 12-11 and I just found out today (1-4) that I'm not getting it...the sender can't send it.  Three and a half weeks?!!!  This is ridiculous.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 1/4/2022 10:47 AM ET

That is a long time to find out your not getting the movie.

Initially the sender has 5 days to accept the request but later they can still cancel.  

Sorry this is happening to you.  

When you order a movie you could try to messaging the sender.

You could say you are looking forward to watching the movie.

Maybe they will be responsive or at least quickly decline, then you will be free for plan B. 

Last Edited on: 1/4/22 10:48 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2022 11:06 AM ET

That does seem like a long time between your initial request and the cancellation, although with relaxed shipping, it seems within the time allowed to send a movie these days.  I've had several cancellations of newly posted movies, but most eventually are accepted and shipped.  I sometimes must postpone orders--letting them sit in the cue for awhile for several reasons.  Sometimes I mail a lot and it's crazy-making to accept all orders at once.  I try to ship in the order they are made.  I also have had to cancel requests because I have so many to ship, I just need a breather.  But I understand the frustration when you wait two weeks before you know something is not being sent.  My reasons for cancelling on requests is usually due to not being able to find something.  I have many, many movies scattered in various places, and I'm between moving to a new place.  Even though I've tried to keep the tower and multiples movies with me and accessible, I still sometimes have trouble locating movies.  If your cancelled movie is from the system (newly posted) you might have dodged a lemon.  You might check in the WL multiples. 

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2022 4:36 PM ET

Hi Shar, 

It is also possible that it passed from one sender to another if it was something you ordered through the system. You may have helped weed out an inactive member! Thanks!  

WalterKuzens (Walter K.)

Subject: some members simply don't care and customer service doesn't either
Date Posted: 4/27/2022 12:56 PM ET

I've had this happen multiple times with the same member and asking for help from the people who are supposed to help you on this site generally gets me nowhere. They claim a person has to do it multiple times and will refuse to take action.

AbaDiva (Diana A.)

Subject: How can this be fixed?
Date Posted: 4/4/2023 3:42 PM ET

I'm not usually a whiner or complainer, but I just don't know how to deal with this. I've been in these "Swapa" clubs for over 12 years now and this is the first time I've ran into any trouble. I ordered a DVD on March 8th. The next day it was accepted and a label, with USPS tracking, was printed by the sender. With the relaxed coronavirus deadlines it should have been mailed out by April 2nd. On April 1st I got notification that it had been mailed. I was rather ticked off about it being right at the last minute, but whatever. So I've been checking the tracking every day and according to the Post Office, it STILL HAS NOT BEEN MAILED. I have sent a couple of polite personal messages to the sender...and ignored. I thought I'd just cancel the order, but once the label is printed, there seems to be no way to do that. I'm looking around for someone in charge to ask about this situation, but no one comes up. Just a "team" with pre-written questions, none of which apply to my situation. Any advice?

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 4/5/2023 7:10 PM ET

I think my answer to a question about discrimination in another posting, fits this problem as well.  Here's what I said:

I've had members post titles from my wish list, keep my credits tied-up for weeks and then never actual send anything.  Sometimes they eventually mark that they can't send it and in other cases I just don't get anything.  I'm glad that most members are honest and don't play these games.

Why do they do this?  One reason is they may be waiting to see if something comes through for them.  If they have one of their wish listed titles come through for them, they go ahead and mail the one they posted to get the credit needed for it.  If after a couple of weeks nothing comes through for them, they don't have anything invested.  It's just one reason this may be happening to you (and me).  

I feel it's time to cut back on the days we have to send things.  The reasons for relaxing sending times are no longer as strong.  Just my opinion.

Right now I have a credit tied-up waiting for a wish listed title that was posted but the person hasn't even marked my request accepted yet after 5 days.  I'll respect Swap Team rules and not name name's or point fingers at anyone but in my opinion this has become a problem.

Last Edited on: 4/5/23 7:12 PM EST - Total times edited: 1