Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: you are allowed to discriminate against other members

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
WalterKuzens (Walter K.)

Subject: you are allowed to discriminate against other members
Date Posted: 4/26/2022 3:35 PM ET

There is a member who repeatedly "accepts" my orders and then claims he cannot send them a few days / weeks later. He's done it multiple times in the past, and recently did it with 2 different orders in the span of 3 days. The total times he did it for the month of May was 4 - that's 4 different orders in a single month. I've contacted "customer service" and they've made it clear he is allowed to continue to do it because he hasn't reached what they consider an unacceptable limit. In other words he hasn't done it enough times to warrant action. So guess what; you are allowed to openly discriminate against members and the people who should be helping you will do absolutely nothing about it - will even justify it. It's disgusting to be treated this way but they simply don't care.  

Last Edited on: 5/26/22 10:35 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
WalterKuzens (Walter K.)

Subject: Canceled yet another
Date Posted: 5/3/2022 6:03 PM ET

Member has canceled yet another order, claiming he cannot send it. Contacting the people whose job it is to help continues to get me nowhere. I am being openly discriminated against and they do not take action. Obviously they dont care. The treatment i am receiving is disgusting and offensive. I've asked them "how many times are you going to allow this guy to do this?" and they aren't even decent enough to respond. 

Last Edited on: 5/8/22 12:21 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
WalterKuzens (Walter K.)

Subject: and another cancellation
Date Posted: 5/26/2022 10:38 AM ET

Member claims he cannot mail YET ANOTHER order. That's 4 times in 1 month that he's doen this. That's no coincidence or bad luck, that's blantant and obvious game-playing discrimination. I've written to customer service for the 5th time to see if they will FINALLY take action - we'll see if they do or if they continue to make excuses for the guy.

WalterKuzens (Walter K.)

Subject: no action
Date Posted: 5/26/2022 4:10 PM ET

The person who owns this site feels it is okay to treat other members this way so I am done. No action is being taken against obvious game-playing discrimination.   

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2023 12:38 PM ET

I'm actually having a similiar issue with one member, but it isn't about ordering movies.  Everytime I post in a thread there is one member who will post a contrary response no matter what the purpose of the post is. Often I am just passing along information that I am not the author of and not expressing an opinion.  I don't think they actually read the post.  I don't want to post in threads anymore due to this person's negativity. 

Last Edited on: 4/28/23 11:15 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2023 3:00 PM ET

Gloria, I think I might know what you are talking about.

Everybody has opinions. 

Just rock on with your bad self!  

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 3/24/2023 12:57 AM ET

I've had members post titles from my wish list, keep my credits tied-up for weeks and then never actual send anything.  Sometimes they eventually mark that they can't send it and in other cases I just don't get anything.  So you're not alone, Walter. I'm glad that most members are honest and don't play these games.

Why do they do this?  One reason is they may be waiting to see if something comes through for them.  If they have one of their wish listed titles come through for them, they go ahead and mail the one they posted to get the credit needed for it.  If after a couple of weeks nothing comes through for them, they don't have anything invested.  It's just one reason this may be happening to you (and me).  

I feel it's time to cut back on the days we have to send things.  The reasons for relaxing sending times are no longer as strong.  Just my opinion.