Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: Blu Rays on Wish List issue

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
tneagle (Kenny H.)

Subject: Blu Rays on Wish List issue
Date Posted: 8/13/2022 6:06 PM ET

Has anyone else had a problem of receiving the credit miscounted Blu-Ray + DVD combo sets when you where you only asking for the single disc bluray edition? It seems to have happened lately for me. It is like adding insult to injury. I only was requesting the single blu ray disc editions and have started getting notched for the Blu-Ray + DVD combo sets which are miscounted for 4 credits. They should be only three in the first place. In conclusion, I'm getting hit for 4 credits instead of 2 credits on my blu-ray requests. 

WalterKuzens (Walter K.)

Subject: start checking
Date Posted: 8/13/2022 6:35 PM ET

I suggest you look and see the credits it costs BEFORE you place the order. No matter what the title or description says you can be sure of how much you're getting charged. The converse of your situation is also true; there are Blu-rays posted that only cost a single credit when it should be 2. I have an unpostable because it is a Blu-ray + DVD but only comes up as costing the person who orders a single credit. This site is full of issues like that so just check how much it costs before you click the button, don't assume it's going to match your expectations. 

seizetheday (Kevin R.)

Date Posted: 8/13/2022 6:48 PM ET

People put items on their WL when it is showing one disc.  Later someone gets the disc count updated (when Amazon updates their info.).  People are now wishing for the item with the updated disc count.  If you are at home, and not on vacation, you should have the single disc Blu's on 48 hour request.

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 8/13/2022 7:30 PM ET

I've found that the Swap Team is really good about correcting the number of discs if you just take the time to contact them before you post anything.  If you post a 2, 3, or 4 disc set that the system says is only one credit without them correcting it first, you are going to get only one credit.  That goes as well for a Blu-Ray that comes up as one credit.  You need to contact them before posting unless you'll be happy with just the one credit.  If you try to change the number of credits to a higher amount after it's been requested, that member can report a problem and get the DVD as well as their credits back.  

The solution to all of these mentioned problems is actually simple.  Always make sure that the number of discs in the set, matches the number of credits shown.  That's both the poster and the requester that should do this. Again, if the number of discs in the set is different then the system says, contact the Swap Team and they will fix it before you list it.  

Most members agree that a Blu-Ray/DVD set should be only 3 credits but SwapaDVD has decided it's 4 credits and this is the rule.  It's why I'll almost never request a Blu-Ray/DVD set unless the poster offers a deal.   If that's what Swap feels is fair, we have to live with it and decide for our selfs if the set it worth it or not.

Maybe we should move this to the Questions section instead of in the Bazaar?

tneagle (Kenny H.)

Subject: bluray
Date Posted: 8/16/2022 8:38 PM ET

I think it might be a UPC issue possibly too. Updated database numbers may be changing UPC numbers which might not correlate to a member's wish list.

I changed several of my blu-ray requests to a 48 hour request so I would be able to check for this issue. Kevin suggested it too  and I think that is a good idea to help protect a person's wishlisted selection.