Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Is there a way to see others want lists? I have some requests, but also ha

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Corrie H.

Subject: Is there a way to see others want lists? I have some requests, but also ha
Date Posted: 10/10/2022 10:00 PM ET

If i could watch my unwatched DVDs selectively as to the ones others want, I could get them more dvds and save on shipping.  I would assume the increase in postage would be a concern on here....

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 10/11/2022 3:12 PM ET

Are you asking about specific member's wish lists, or the aggregate list of all wish-ed for DVDs for all members?

At the indivicual level, members have control over whether their wishlist is visble to other members or not.  If the member has a public profile in the system (they show up under Community->Member Directory), you can click on the nickname and if their wish list is public, it will show the number of items on it.  You can click on the number to see the list.

Also, here in the forums, if a member has made a posting and has a public wishlist, there will be a "Wish List" button just under their name in the post - like in yours (above) but not in mine.

As for the aggregate wish list, if you look at your DVD shelf and sort by "posted" "descending",  it will list DVDs you've received, and the ones that are on other member's wish lists will have a red "W"  just to the left of the start ratings.  A red "W" with a small "a" means that it is not only on a wishlist, but on autorequest.  For DVDs you have acquired outside of the swap site, you can look them up; the site will tell you how many wishers there are (or how many copies are already posted).

If you finished watching a wishlisted dvd and are hoping to post multiple dvds to the same person, well, you can post it and then look at the persons wishlist if it is public to see if you have anything else on it - but the odds of that working out are low.

You might instead make use of the Wishlist Multiples thread in the Bazaar forum, which is intended to help members save postage by grouping requests. The disadvantage here is that only a small percentage of members participate in the bazaar and it may well be that none of them are interested in your titles.

Last Edited on: 10/11/22 11:55 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 10/16/2022 12:16 PM ET

Bret, very thorough answer! 

You can also randomly choose a member's WL and scroll through.  I do this with buddy's wishlists periodically; and then sometimes with people who post in the forums.  Check the Bazaar and other swap forums and look at wishlists.  It is always a good idea to check with other members before posting.  I've often had individuals who order one dvd decline on any further offers even when they're on their wishlist!