Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Mailing to an APO address

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
scoutmomskf (Susan F.)

Subject: Mailing to an APO address
Date Posted: 1/4/2023 6:55 AM ET

Is there any way to add a caveat to my profile so that when members mail DVDs to me, they know they have to include a customs form? I am overseas (still have a US mailing address), but all packages sent to me must have a customs form attached. In Paperbackswap, I can add that to the conditions, but there isn't a similar option here.

Without a customs form, packages can be returned to the sender (as recently happened) or take months to arrive because they are sent to be inspected before continuing their journey. I don't use printable postage, so I have no idea if a customs form is even an option there. I use pirateship.com for my postage and can fill out the customs form there, and it prints right on the label.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 1/4/2023 8:39 PM ET

You might add that in the signature box that you can set up in your Settings.  The only other thing to do is contact each person you order from.  Good to know Pirateship has that option.  Paypal does not seem to recognize APO addresses.   

SteveChander (Steven C.)

Subject: Post office should have your back on this.
Date Posted: 1/6/2023 5:52 AM ET

I'm a volunteer for Operation Paperback, and send packages to APO addresses a couple times a year. The post office clerk should require the customs form for any package going to an APO address. That is a USPS regulation, and when the clerk enters the address, the system will tell them the form is required. A customs form is also required when shipping any package to Puerto Rico or Guam, which are also US addresses.