Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Problems with wrong editions and disc number count being sent

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
melikedvd (Lory R.)

Subject: Problems with wrong editions and disc number count being sent
Date Posted: 1/19/2023 2:08 PM ET

Lately I've had to mark a DVD sent to me as "There's a problem" because they sent me a different edition with an unpostable UPC instead of the one they posted.  Just a reminder that it's against SwapaDVD's rules to do that for several good reasons.  One reason is the person getting that DVD will not be able to re-post it later because if they do, the next person could mark it"..has a problem" and the sender will end up losing a credit, the DVD, and postage.  Another reason why you're not allowed to do that is the quality or features may not be exactly the same.  So if you have a DVD that has a UPC not in the system, post it in the Bazaar.  Please, don't use a UPC that's not on your DVD to post it. 

Another problem I've had was being sent a set where one of the discs didn't play at all.  Remeber that if even one disc is defective, the whole set is unpostable.  Check them before you send them out. Even sealed DVDs can be defective (I've gotten a couple of them from Dollar Tree lately)

The third problem I've run into is getting the wrong disc count.  I was sent a one disc DVD that was posted as two discs.  So if your DVD has a different number of discs than the system says it should have, contact the swap team before you post it.  They are really good at correcting the disc count.

SwapaDVD is a great place to trade.  Let's all try to follow the needed rules to keep it that way.  

Last Edited on: 1/19/23 2:11 PM EST - Total times edited: 2