Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Shipping dates rolled back. Won't receive credits??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Gibby (Jason G.)

Subject: Shipping dates rolled back. Won't receive credits??
Date Posted: 8/8/2023 12:04 PM ET

So I have a trade that the ship date went from 8/22/2023 yesterday, to now saying 8/7/23 today. The requester had several other movies on their list that I had on hold. They said they wanted them and I've been watching those and adding them to the order. The shipment was to go out tomorrow 8/9/23.

What worries me is this. What does that mean? I won't get credits for these movies if I mail them now??? Will I have to cancel all these and re-post them to get freaking credits for my movies? So confused.

Please note: In order to receive DVD credits, you must click below before 8/7/2023 11:00 PM ET or you will not receive credits.

mlk78 (Bryan D.)

Date Posted: 8/8/2023 12:57 PM ET

I'm wondering the same thing, I was getting orders together this morning  and still had time to get them out and when I went to print out everybody labels, all the dates jumped up

Last Edited on: 8/8/23 12:58 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 8/8/2023 4:21 PM ET

Yikes!

The Pandemic “relaxed” swapping deadlines ended today August 8, 2023.

The change was made by posting a notice TODAY on the front page of SwapaDVD

This happened on Paperback swap, mail by dates abruptly moved earlier.  Senders scrambled to meet the new deadline & some missed and the system cancelled orders etc.  The dates changed so suddenly people were not able to mail in time.  

Not enough notice.  

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 8/9/2023 9:57 AM ET

Valerie, I don't see this notice on the front page.  That notice is easy to miss--but should be on every page and top of every thread.   I agree, there doesn't seem to be much notice of this change. 

However, I am glad that the "relaxed" shipping is ended.  It hasn't been necessary for awhile now.

Last Edited on: 8/9/23 10:00 AM EST - Total times edited: 1