Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: New user: should I just use printable postage here?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
JohnIpManWick (Brian K.)

Subject: New user: should I just use printable postage here?
Date Posted: 1/29/2024 11:20 PM ET

How reliable are the users here that they respond that they got the DVD? If your tracking number says received can support give you credit?

Sue Y.

Date Posted: 1/30/2024 10:01 AM ET

Printable postage on this site guarantees you will get your credit and you get it instantly.

These are the problems I've had when not using the site's postage system. I've had several times when the Receiver has not acknowledged receipt in a reasonable amount of time. In those times I've wondered if I sent an item on an auto-request to an abandoned account. My messages asking about receipt were ignored and I had to ask the site to investigate. I lost a credit when the item was lost in the mail. It was counted against me that I had never sent the item, even though the USPS Tracking showed the USPS had received the package and showed where it had moved within their system.

Last Edited on: 1/30/24 10:04 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 1/30/2024 5:22 PM ET

Welcome Brian!

My experience - there are very few bad actors out there.  I don't use SWAP postage most of the time.

However, as Sue points out, if you are sending an auto-request there could be an issue.  If you post a DVD you get a notice that there is a request.  When that happens, take a look at your transaction page.  Is the DVD requested already, or is it on a 48 hour hold?  

If the DVD is on a 48 hour hold, look at the potential receivers name.  This user has to accept the request (they are active). 

If you don't use SWAP postage, you still get a tracking number with media mail.  If the active user is slow to respond, send them a PM with a message in the title line....something like "DELV'D on 1/30 tracking #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"  then in the body of the PM simply state here's the tracking number in case you need it.   

I use SWAP postage most often when I am sending titles worth multiple credits.  It's pricy for a single credit order.