Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: SCAMMED BY KAT(KATHLEEN H.), HAPPY F*ING NEW YEAR TO ME

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
amd555 (Andrey T.)

Subject: SCAMMED BY KAT(KATHLEEN H.), HAPPY F*ING NEW YEAR TO ME
Date Posted: 1/8/2009 7:36 PM ET

I guess she a Juan here. Order couple of so alled "unpostables" and never got squat. Hope she didn't get too many of us.

Any scammed, please send a message to SAD Team.

burielofmel (Jeff V.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2009 8:07 PM ET

You sound upset.

p.s. thanks for the X-files box. It's was in good shape.

vLame (Jon H.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2009 8:29 PM ET

they can't do much about unpostables or trades.

Sickman (Hughie B.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2009 8:40 PM ET

I sent a message to SAD last Sunday and never heard back.

burielofmel (Jeff V.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2009 8:42 PM ET

I sent a message to SAD about two hours ago and never heard back either.

DirtyMarco (Will S.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2009 8:49 PM ET

she posted to wishlisted items of mine which I then requested. I canceled one and the other one should expire tonite. I feel bad for those of you that screwed though.

Robey (Robey S.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2009 8:55 PM ET

Count me in, I got screwed by Kat. 2 credits.  I agree, it  sucks!

Last Edited on: 1/8/09 8:55 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
burielofmel (Jeff V.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2009 8:57 PM ET

I'm glad I got there late. All the "good stuff" was gone and the only thing good enough to request was JUNO so I only spent 1 credit. Had I gotten there earlier I might have spent 4 or 5 credits.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just joined the ranks of hundreds who love Mindmeld. Finished Mindmeld in one day. Currently watching : Season 3 of The Office.

Last Edited on: 1/8/09 9:00 PM EST - Total times edited: 3
melikedvd (Lory R.)

Subject: Kathleen almost got me too
Date Posted: 1/8/2009 10:08 PM ET

She (He? You never know) posted 3 of my wish list as well.  Fortunately, I canceled the requests before I lost the credits. 

Sadly, there seems to be so many other games going on, like unloading scratched discs,  sending DVDs weeks after they claimed they did,  pretending to not get what you've sent,  pretending to send something they never did, etc.   I certainly hope SwapaDVD doesn't become a playground for scam artist & thoughtless people.

A special thank you to all the honest folks who treat other members as they would like to be treated themselves.

Last Edited on: 1/8/09 10:09 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
KnJFisher (Jennifer F.)

Subject: Kat of the "Lottery" scam?
Date Posted: 1/9/2009 12:02 AM ET

That one gave me the "steer clear" signal, sorry to all who got taken.

Will TPTB return everyones credits?  They did close her account, so I would think they would be able to help all the victims out on this one?

Last Edited on: 1/9/09 12:03 AM EST - Total times edited: 2
flstevehayden (Steve H.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 4:07 AM ET

You are all lucky.  I am the one that she got the hardest.  11 credits.   SAD could refund everyones credits since it would not cost them anything, but I doubt that they will.  It just makes it so much harder to trust people on here.

Venomn (Christopher K.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 8:32 AM ET

I cannot believe the SwapaDVD people do not do a thing about scammers,they should get the boot off of here via their IP address so they cannot come back on via the same computer.

Makes it hard to trust on here i agree Steve.

I hope she cannot be allowed to spend the credits she stole.

Kinda Sad.

stunner (Eric J.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 8:39 AM ET

They clearly say the Bazaar is *at your own risk*
They did close her account.

I feel for you guys & am happy I didn't notice her thread or I may have got cought up in it if she had already send a few DVDs and had a good rep.
I am going to check out some of your wish list and send out some free dvds to those that got scammed. I will PM you.

amd555 (Andrey T.)
Bee Movie

Robey (Robey S.) - Get a bigger WL!
P.S. I Love You

flstevehayden (Steve H.)
I will make you some movies for you PSP!
PM me a list.

I looked through and tried to find people that lost more than 1 credit.
People listed please PM me so I know were to send your movies. Thanks.

Last Edited on: 1/9/09 9:05 AM EST - Total times edited: 2
ritarene (Rita M.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 8:40 AM ET

Wow. Glad I didn't get in on this one. I got "took" on the Juan deal though. You know, I've been on here since late November 2007, and this is only the 2nd scam I've seen. I think that's pretty good. I've been really lucky with my orders, too. I think most of us are really decent people who honestly want to trade dvds and make others happy (and satisfy our own selfish wants, too! :0)

I only had one other person to get a credit out of me with no product to show for it. I requested some vhs from a lady. After almost a month, I got a response from her daughter saying her mom was in the hospital and would get back with me once she got out. She must have gotten really sick or even died. I never heard.

I've had personal issues (illness, family problems, car accident, etc.) that have caused me to be away from the computer at times, so I try not to judge others too harshly.

I was just on ebay last night and was looking at purchasing an item. I checked the person's feedback, and they had had 100% positive feedback for almost two years, and then, all of a sudden, last month, they got 63 negatives in a row. I wonder what tragedy befell that poor seller. You don't just go "bad" (unless you have a mental breakdown--which is also a tragedy) all of a sudden. Something had to have happened to this person.

spinaned (Jim A.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 10:45 AM ET

I had a request time out this morning from Kathleen H.  It was an item she accepted (Jan 1) by agreeing to mail but never clicked the "MAILED' button.  It appears to be a different account just listed as Kathleen H with no profile(no 'Kat' nickname).   Did 'Kat' have any completed trades listed with her profile?  Did anyone notice?  Sorry to all the victims here.

Sickman (Hughie B.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 11:06 AM ET

I think she had like four completed trades.

I finally got an answer from the site and they said they hope they can recover some of the credits, but they can't make any promises. I guess that's good enough, because I know I was doing this at my own risk. I'm sure I won't be pissed about it until I run out of the credits I have left now. To be honest, it's hard to get that upset because this site has worked out great for me about 99% of the time and I can't hold the actions of one shady idiot against anyone else.

And Steve, that sucks and I'm genuinely sorry. When I first realized that I might have been scammed I thought of you right away, because I saw how much you were ordering.

Robey (Robey S.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 11:06 AM ET

"Robey (Robey S.) - Get a bigger WL!
P.S. I Love You"

Awwww, you love me. :) LOL

Eric, you don't have to do this, but it's very, very nice of you, thank you!

stunner (Eric J.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 1:30 PM ET

Hey Robey,

It's a pretty good movie, You should get it early next week.

flstevehayden (Steve H.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 3:51 PM ET

Eric you are very kind.  However I know when I did this it was "at your own risk"... guess I am just a trusting soul.  I have made many trades through DVD Bazaar and this is the first time that I've got stung.  So overall ... I am not as upset as you might think.  Yeah it is a bummer to lose that many credits.  KARMA to Cat...What comes around goes around.

Robey (Robey S.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 10:17 PM ET

Cool, thanks! :)

stunner (Eric J.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2009 10:28 PM ET

UPS Track# 
1Z 411 E0W 02 5727 470 6

thumfree (Tina H.)

Subject: Apparently I'm included in this too
Date Posted: 1/10/2009 3:48 PM ET

This will be a first for me - getting scammed on this site. All my trades (postable & nonpostable) have gone smoothly. She got me for 2 credits. I ordered on Jan 1st and just now logged on to contact her b/c I had not received anything. Of course, as you all know, the account was closed and I figured I would check out the Bazaar. And found this post ! Could of done without all this! My credits are few and far between without people stealing them from me.

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2009 3:59 PM ET

There was another scam, by Carrie (smallville)... she got me and Robey and a few others.  They closed her account and I never got my credit back.

bubbles76 (Keiahna M.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2009 4:14 PM ET

Is it possible to start a sticky thread for bad traders?  Post their names, nicknames, addresses, email addresses, etc. so that people can be informed before they make a trade?  We have them on several boards that I regularly trade DVDs on.  I know that the person can just get a new name, nickname, etc. but it would be harder for them to, say, get an address in a completely different state.  At least  then we'd be able to narrow down who we can trust.

burielofmel (Jeff V.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2009 4:29 PM ET

There was another scam, by Carrie (smallville) - jessybird03

I probably would have be a little suspiscious of someone living in Smallville. I would also be skeptical of Bizzarr offers from citizens of Gotham City or the Emerald City.

Last Edited on: 1/10/09 4:29 PM EST - Total times edited: 1

Page: