Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Does Dane Cook Suck?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Myke007 (Mike P.)

Subject: Does Dane Cook Suck?
Date Posted: 5/11/2009 3:39 PM ET

The reason I ask is that I have a cd/dvd combo of his latest concert...it can only fetch 1 credit. Meanwhile, all the dvd/cd combos (or multiple dvd sets I have my eye on) are worth 2 credits or more. C'mon, Dane isn't bad.

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 5/11/2009 3:53 PM ET

My understanding is that only DVD discs count toward the credit total.  So no matter how many discs are in the set, the DVDs count but the CDs don't.  For example, a 2-disc set containing 2 DVDs is 2 credits.  But a 2-disc set containing 1 DVD and 1 CD is only 1 credit.  Do I have it wrong?  If I do have it wrong, then the system ripped me off by a credit a little while ago, and somebody else got a deal!  :)   (Although I had originally come across the title free anway...)

Myke007 (Mike P.)

Date Posted: 5/11/2009 4:01 PM ET

You probably have it right, Kevin. But there are contradictory examples in the system. For example, Todd Barry's "Falling Off The Bone" is a dvd/cd set, but is listed at 2 credits on here. Same goes for JayZ/Linkin Park's "Collision Course" and tons of other examples. I'll cut em' slack since it is impossible to accurately track the millions of discs in existence.

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 5/11/2009 4:16 PM ET

Mike, Send feedback to the site owners via the "Contact Us" link.  It is an error that they will fix if you notify them.  All discs are worth one credit.  I got a Britney Spears CD/DVD combo and it was 2 credits.

Myke007 (Mike P.)

Subject: Thanks Jessy
Date Posted: 5/11/2009 4:42 PM ET

I think I will shoot an e-mail. This potential error seems to be happening only with Dane's releases, including his 1st compilation where the cd and dvd contained entirely different performances.

SwapaDVDTeam (Admin S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Subject: disc count
Date Posted: 5/12/2009 12:18 PM ET

We took care of this particular case, but for the record:

All discs in a set are worth one credit, as long as there is unique content on each disc. CDs that come with DVDs are worth a credit. Digital copies are not worth a credit because they contain the same content as the DVD.

If you come across a disc with the wrong disc count, contact us. We'll verify it and submit the change. DO NOT POST A DVD IF THE DISC COUNT DOESN'T MATCH THE ONE IN OUR DATABASE! It will save everyone involved a lot of trouble.

Myke007 (Mike P.)

Date Posted: 5/12/2009 3:13 PM ET

Thank you, Staff.