Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Hangover |
Actors: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha, Heather Graham
Director: Todd Phillips
Genres: Comedy, Mystery & Suspense
They planned a Vegas bachelor party that they would never forget. Now they really need to remember what exactly went down! A baby? A tiger? Why is one of them missing a tooth? And most of all, where is the groom?! What the... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Reviewed on 3/21/2010...
Loved, Loved, Loved this movie. It had us laughing from the beginning to the end, including the extra material. Bradley Cooper looks extremely hunkalicious in the black suit he wears for the night!!! We are looking forward to The Hangover 2.
Ashley Lee | DC | 06/06/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I was a little hesitant to see this movie, it seemed like one of the all too recent movies where all of the good parts are featured in the trailer, and that's all you've got. So not the case. Not only was it a packed theatre at the midnight showing, but there was not any interval longer than three minutes that had a quiet audience. Nobody could stop laughing!
From Zach Galifiakanis, we had a stellar show. His ability to play the creepy weirdo is out of this world. His wolf pack speech was amazing.
The cameo from Mike Tyson was hilarious!
Don't miss the end credits where a lot of the missing information is revealed."
Hilarious film, a good overall Blu
Steve Kuehl | Ben Lomond, CA | 12/11/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I finally got to see this film and the Blu gave a nice first viewing, and even doing the rated/unrated back to back it still kept me laughing.
The Blu clarity and sound quality are solid and there were no failings even with the volume of night sequences. The desert shots were done adequately so there was no light saturation or blur - overall the presentation in both versions makes them a good investment for being one of the few comedies you might buy on Blu. The unrated runs eight minutes longer and contained nothing that would warrant the usual attraction for being titled as such. By the time they get to the roof to start the night there were four brief sequences added in, including some extra dialogue in the opening house scene, a little more with that abusive girlfriend and a fun spot in the hotel room. The main difference between the two would be a funny one minute scene as they take the tiger back to Tyson's house (elevator addition). Otherwise, there are no R rated additions like some would look for.
The supplements are a mixed bag, and after investing the hour it takes to get through them all (except the commentary) none of them stand out as a must see.
Standard Special Features (2 Disc DVD and BD)
* The missing pictures. 100 added photos from the camera, a few funny ones but they felt like the pics you would screen out before you share with your buddies (10 shots from the same angle, where you get rid of the other 9 and save the best one - they keep the other 9 here).
* Map of Destruction. Has 15 spots they filmed on a selectable icon map that takes you to a brief clip regarding making-of info. The Tyson one was the most interesting for me as the others are all either too short or not interesting.
* Madness of Ken Jeong. This guy doesn't work for me other than brief shots in a film so his "improv" here wasn't funny.
* Action Mash-Up. A brief Stooges style mix, forgettable.
* Three Best Friends Song. Funny in a movie, not funny as a long version when they can't sing.
* The Dan Band. The clean version of the Fame song.
* Gag Reel. Now this was funny, only goes a few minutes but they were having fun.
BD Exclusive: (BD Live)
* Cursing Mash-Up. My player took a few seconds to download/stream it and it only lasted a few seconds, most customers get a chuckle out of it when I screen it in the store, but just ok as a supplement.
* Iron Mike Online Teaser. A decent rendition of him singing the In The Air Tonight. That played well and customers thought it a much better trailer than the standard ones we have seen 100 times.
Theatrical BD Version:
* PiP Commentary with Phillips and the three main guys. I usually love commentaries but this one stunk. I was expecting a great deal of humor, funny stories and cool info, but instead they were just sitting there looking bored, especially Cooper, I honestly think he was there to watch the film. Galifianakis sat there until minute 16 before he really said anything. Every once in awhile Todd would say something interesting about the film making, but don't watch this if you want the laughs.
A fun movie with plenty of laughs on a good Blu that for some of the low prices I have seen here and elsewhere it will feel like a good investment."
The Greatest Story Ever Told...No but I'm still laughing day
Cal Varnson | Portland, OR | 06/10/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"First of all, this was a very smart, gross, dark, crude, hilarious and obnoxious film that had me in tears throughout the film. Yes, this subject has been done to death, but not to this level of enjoyment. I haven't enjoyed a Vegas bachelor party film this much since "Very Bad Things" and I would have to rate this higher. My wife enjoyed this film as much as me and she commented how rare it is to see a film that is consistently funny from start to finish. My expectations were very high after all of the hype leading up to the release of this film and it didn't disappoint.
The director does a great job setting the stage for a night no one can remember. Each role was cast perfectly with Zach Galifianakis stealing the show. Make sure you don't leave early and miss the slide-show during the credits. Freaking hilarious!!!!
If you are easily offended by crude humor or you, then this isn't the movie for you.
Thank you, Todd Phillips for another over-the-top, laugh-out-loud masterpiece"