Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Orphen 2 - Revenge Collection|
Genres: Television, Anime & Manga, Animation
mysterious forces are watching them from the shadows. Who are they? What do they want? Will Orphen and his allies be strong enough to defeat them? Join our intrepid band as they fight against powerful mutated monsters in ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
COULD BE FIVE STARS BUT....
Niko | 01/10/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Well, I will try to give a review as best as possible without spoiling it because I am also the first one to write a review about this show.
To begin with, the pattern of the storyline is similar to Orphen of the first season. As the story unfolds, people get the impression that the story is straightforward, me included. Surprisingly good, this is not the case because after a point in the anime the story unfolds not just forwards, but backwards as well, putting the pieces together with a lot of action, fun, love story, drama etc. Overall, the story was funny, dramatic, emotional and very interesting plus dark.
A few words about the story (SPOILERS INCLUDED!!!)
Before beginning with the story, I would like to apologize if I misspell or do not remember a few names correct.
Now to the story, it starts that Orphen, Clio and Magic, start for an adventure and through the episodes they encounter various monsters that are aiming for some reason to kill Orphen. At first it seems that a guy called Flamesoul (the brother of Flameheart) is seeking revenge. Additionally, they meet a young girl named Lucrice which claims that she belongs to a royal knighthood that wants to honour Orphen. Clumsy as she may seem she becomes best friends with Clio, and their bounds become so strong that they consider each other as sisters (which will play a great deal later in the episodes). Moreover, we will see that new magicians of the Tower of Fang (Magicians guilt) try to help Orphen.
Additional Facts about the story:
- After episode 12, Orphen is dealing with a Magician named McGregor, and viewers get the impression that Orphen, as strong as he is, he seems in front of him like a Rookie.
- Magic's girlfriend, is now something like a master in the Tower of Fang, who tries to help them, with the aid of Orphen's friend and Professor in the Guilt to solve the mystery, plus the love story between her and Magic evolves through the episodes
- The Trolls appear in the episodes and give a funny tone to the shows, especially when something like that is needed in the later episodes
- Magic becomes strong in magic
- Magic will be put into temptation to leave Orphen to study by someone else's side
- Magic and Orphen will fight against each other to "death"
- Clio in order to protect the ones she loves will mature and fight light crazy
- Lucrice will try to sacrifice herself to protect the ones she loves as well
- Orphen, as easygoing at the beginning as he may seem, he will show in the later episodes his true self
- After episode 18, the shows get really emotional. People die for the ones they love, fights till death and so forth
- After episode 15, the story gets really dark, and most of all you may think that you have figure it out but trust me in that: Until the last episode you will have figured out nothing
- Until episode 9, people get only a few clues of what is really going on. But be reassured that the peaces come together and the suspense is increasing constantly as the episodes continue
- You will see that a woman plays the piano in the middle of nowhere, Orphen and she kiss (lovy dowy stuff) and you may ask yourself what the heck is her part in the story. Which will proof in later episodes that she is one of the main figures.
Is the money worth of buying it?
I will be honest. Until episode 9 to 10, the story gets 3 to 3.5. Therefore, only people who really fell in love with the Masterpiece of Orphen first season should buy it.
When watching the show up to episode 14 to 15 the show would get 4 stars. Therefore, it is worth the money. Weird as it may sound that the show could change in only three episodes, however it is true because they are.
Last but not least, after watching the entire show the show gets 5 starts straight and is truly a masterpiece. Therefore, you can buy the show without regretting the money you have invested in it, because it is worth it.
The average of above is what made me give it 4 stars.
You see, people who watch the shows, will get the impression that after episode 11, it feels as if someone else took over the show, and all of a sudden from a light hearted show the show gets really, and I mean really good, the animation and storyline become superb and so forth. Take this into consideration, after episode 12 the show becomes even darker than Orphen of the first season, more emotional and you will not get enough of it.
To sum up, I hope that I could give you an inside of the story without giving too much away and overall, it is worth buying it. Because, as stated previously, after episode 12 the show becomes truly superb.
The Worst Program I have ever seen
Roberta L. Haffner | Juneau, Alaska USA | 03/04/2006
(1 out of 5 stars)
"When I bought Orphen the original I decided to get Orphen Revenge so I could have a complete set. This was truly a waste of money, not only is it not worth 35 + dollars it isn't worth 5 cents.
They took a wonderful program Orphen with stylish animation, characters you could feel for and root for and when you reached the end you were sorry it ended, then hoping the story would continue you buy Orphen Revenge and there they turned it into cheap animation just to make a buck.
There is no story line even the one liner jokes which were great in the orginal were really sad in this one. The animation is 3rd rate. I guess you really can not make a sequal that equals the original one.
Do yourself a favor and not waste your money on Orphen Revenge if you do you will be kicking yourself it is not worth one penny."
Orphen season 2
A. Bruce | NY United States | 04/16/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This season is drawn differently, but the same voice actors are used. Yes, the 1st season was better, but if you love the show you'll still like this one. The plot line through the whole season was a little weak. I was also hoping for a little more character development and interaction. Over all it was fun to watch."