It's clear from the live performances on All the Way... A Decade of Song & Video that Celine Dion's audiences adore her. And what's not to adore? She's beautiful, talented, and--corny as it sounds--seems really nice. Th... more »is 90-minute compilation features 12 videos and five live songs illustrating the French-Canadian singer's transformation from a perky teen to a sophisticated international star. In the early '90s, Dion sang boppy tunes such as "Mislead" and "Love Can Move Mountains." The mid-decade Dion (decidedly sexier) is represented by "Because You Loved Me," "The Power of Love," and "It's All Coming Back to Me Now." Her soaring voice is powerful and poignant, reminding us why Titanic's "My Heart Will Go On" became such a huge hit. The compilation is ballad-heavy, but her last video of the decade, "That's the Way It Is," marks a welcome return to her earlier, sassier manner. --Dana Van Nest« less
""Oh My God!" I couldn't stop watching this DVD once I got it. Celine is so spectacular, and this DVD sure does show it! I love all the old videos, "new" videos, and live performances! Who says teenage guys can't LOVE Celine? Here's my run-down:
1. Program start: This is just a short "into" clip. About 30 seconds long. Short and sweet.
2. The Power of Love (Music Video): I may not be "your lady," but I bet after seeing this video, and hearing this song, every guy wants to be Celine's "man." It's so amazing. She hits the high notes perfectly.
3. If You Asked Me To (Music Video): This may be an old vid, but it's so great! Celine looks so beautiful, and the video made me feel as if I were in a dream. Great job!
4. Misled (Music Video): Okay, maybe the video was kid of..."so, so." The song has kind of like a "funky" beat to it. Not what we're used to from Celine. But it's something different, and we don't here it all the time. And if it was a single, then it's gotta be good, right? Nice job.
5. Beauty and the Beast (duet with Terry Bradford) [LIVE]: If it's a Disney song, then ya know it's great! Trust me, this is the song you want to be stuck in your head all day. It's live and from the "Falling Into You" concert, in Memphis. Not bad Celine, not bad at all.
6. Because You Loved Me [LIVE]: No, it's not the music video. But it's just as good, (maybe even a little better). I LOVE this song. It's so pure. Celine... you know what we want. Thanks.
7. It's All Coming Back To Me Now [Single Version] (Music Video): Now here's a side of Celine we don't see often. WOW! This video blew me away. So amazing! I loved it from the start till the end. Uh... what can ya say? It's G-R-E-A-T!
8. Love Can Move Mountains (Music Video): I know everyone loves this song! It just makes you want to get up and dance, and just have a good time. And when you look beyond the fun, it has an outstanding message! Great song, fun video, positive message... what more can you ask for?
9. To Love You More (feat. Taro Hakase) [LIVE]: A hit not only in Japan, but all over the world! Celine knows what she's doing! This song is amazing, and even features a very special guest! This is a wonderful performance!
10. My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme from Titanic) (Music Video): Okay! Now you cannot get any bigger than Titanic! Oh, yes you can, just have a hit show in Las Vegas! This video is AMAZING! Celine is sooo beautiful in her dress, and I know everyone's head this song, and I know everyone LOVES it! No matter you are!
11. I'm Your Angel (duet with R. Kelly) (Music Video): WOW! This is such a pure song, and is just so inspirational! Celine, doing her best as always, and a side of R. Kelly we hardly ever see. Just so heavenly!
12. That's the Way It Is (Music Video): Seems almost impossible! Celine is so down-to-earth in this video. It's like she's one of us! We all love her, and we'll love her even more after this! I promise!
13. If Walls Could Talk (Music Video): This is one of my most favorite video of ALL TIME! How can you pass this by! I cried when I saw this video! The setting is so calm and peaceful, Celine looks gorgeous, and song is so soothing! Bravo Celine, bravo!
14. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (From the "All The Way... A Decade of Song" CBS-TV Special) [LIVE]: This is one of the songs that you'll wish you could only do, but Celine is the only one who can do it. Such a dreamy song. It just fades you away, and lets you know that your tribulations are for just a day. You'll just fade into this lovely balled.
15. All the Way (duet with Frank Sinatra) [LIVE]: Ahhh... wonderful. A love song that can't get any better. And only Celine can sing it like Frank Sinatra. This is one of the BEST songs of all time... All the way.
16. Then You Look at Me (Music Video): I love it! Celine performs this song, in a way that no other could, or can ever reach! This video is so cool! It has a mystery about it, the kind that makes me get chills every time I see it! Oh gosh! Just spectacular!
17. I Want You to Need Me (Music Video): This is such a beautiful music video! Is that beach in there real? It looks gorgeous, and... If only I could have been there with Celine. I just adore this video!
18. Live For The One I Love (Music Video): This video is sort of like in a dream, that you never want to wake up from. It just absolutely takes you away to a land where everything may just be perfect. This video... better than a dream.
BONUS VIDEO: It's All Coming Back to Me Now (stereo mix - long version) (Music Video): Same review as #7, only longer, with added scene.
Over all, this DVD is as PERFECT as it get! Surly a prize you won't regret winning."
Powerful performance from a legendary voice
Mr. Stanley M. Schmidt | Rockford, IL | 10/06/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I don't know if there are any further ways to say "Celine is legendary". This DVD proves it. Her vocal quality, range and interpretation are unmatched, plus she's gorgeous.Everything on this DVD is awesome, but the one performance that stood out most was "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". I was so overwhelmed I was nearly shaking...so very powerful. I would have given the DVD five stars alone on that performance. I'm so glad I have it to admire forever now..."
A pleasant collection...
Pauline | Connecticut USA | 01/15/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"from a very wonderful vocal performer. Her videos aren't very inventive, but watching her in interviews...her personality, her charm, her humor is why I enjoy watching her videos-she shows a lot of respect and grace. And this is why I gave the video collection a 5. Not to mention this collection stems from the A Decade of Song cd...which has all of her hits on it, plus new tracks. 'Memorial tunes from movies and personal 'times' within yourself will take you back to that moment that you heard the song.She's top on my list of vocal performers and I'm pleased to hear that she's coming back with new material. Those who like vocal performers, I doubt will be able to get enough songs from the vocal 'diva'. Those who like Celine Dion will enjoy this collection and I highly recommend it to those who enjoy music of the vocal nature!!"
WONDERFUL VIDEOS FROM THE SINGER OF OUR TIME!!!!
Dennis F. Towle | Hayward, CA United States | 02/21/2001
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This collection of Celine Dion's music videos are priceless gems that are to be seen over and over again! My Heart Will Go On is, ultimately, her greatest song ever....the music video adds even more magic to the song as we see scenes from the 1997 blockbuster film: TITANIC (the greatest film of all time) mixed in with a stunning visual of Celine standing at the bow of the legendary ship....wind blowing through her beautiful long hair, and singing with intense emotion - the song that made the world listen. Awesome!!!!..."
CELINE - HAS MADE IT - HER WAY !
Lady Gal Music | Florida | 09/19/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"One would have had to live in a cave not to know "the extaordinary voice" of Celine - so powerful and strong and yet capable of great commitment to her audiences and music. There are a few performers who simply are recognized by "one name": Elvis, Sinatra, Barbara and Celine. Her name alone tells people here is a very wonderful singer. I chose this CD/DVD package because the combination gave me the opportunity to hear/see all the songs on the CD. Few singers have produced a more beautiful and elequent DVD/CD all in one package. It is also available in CD form alone, which is less expensive (but not by much). It is worth the extra couple dollars for the CD/DVD combination. One this CD/DVD are the BEST songs Celine has produced: "The Power of Love", "Because You Loved Me", "It's All Coming Back to Me Now", "My Heart Will Go On", and "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" are all exquisite. However, when you see her performing these songs, NO ONE can give the gift of song to an audience better. Because of the combination CD/DVD, I suggest if you want a BEST HITS of Celine, this is the one for you. Get the combination CD/DVD. You won't regret the purchase. FIVE STARS RATING !!"