Unrestored re-release of shorts from the Disney Treasures re
Paul J. Mular | San Carlos, CA USA | 08/17/2005
(3 out of 5 stars)
"***** Five Stars for the cartoons themselves! I give the low *** three start rating because WE ALREADY HAVE THEM ON DVD!
This is a cheaply put-together re-release of shorts mostly from other DISNEY TREASURES TIN releases.
1) PRINCE AND THE PAUPER (1990) also on the Micky Mouse In Living Color Volume #2 TIN DVD release. That version is widescreen, this presentation is CROPPED.
2) THREE LITTLE PIGS (1933) also on the "Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies" DVD release.
3) TORTOISE AND THE HARE (1935) also on the "Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies" DVD release.
4) THE GRASSHOPPER AND THE ANTS (1934) also on the "Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies" DVD release.
5) THE PIED PIPER (1933) also on the "Disney Treasures: Silly Symphonies volume 2" DVD release.
With the TIN DVD releases on limited availability, I guess Disney hopes those who missed out will buy these 5-cartoon discs. The low price is misleading, when you break it down to individual cartoon cost this release is EXPENSIVE!
And no extras!"
jiandmoy | San Francisco, CA | 08/25/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I bought this for my 3yr old twins, and from the first showing, I kept hearing giggling and laughing as they watched the cartoons. My girls already are familiar with some fairy tales, so they really loved "The Three Little Pigs" and "The Pied Piper". I highly recommend this DVD and think it is a great buy for parents with young children."
Nice Collection of Mostly Oldies...
Jabba | SC, USA | 11/04/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"First of all, if you have kept up with the Walt Disney Treasures, especially vol. 1 of Silly Symphonies, then you don't need this one. Or, if you can still find the Silly Symphonies set, I recommend that instead. That being said, this is a moderately priced sampler of some really solid Silly Symphony classics that need more exposure. The Prince and the Pauper is not one of Mickey's best, but is interesting. This is a nice collection, albeit a little random. It is very worth having The 3 Little Pigs as well. Honestly, I bought it because my at the time unborn son seemed to like the song "The World Owes Me a Living" from The Grasshopper and the Ants, moving around and kicking whenever he heard it."
Old cartoons come alive
R. Taylor | 05/31/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I got this for my 2 1/2 yr old son. He loves Mickey Mouse and the story of the 3 little pigs. He watches it all the time! I love seeing him enjoy cartoons that I liked when I was young. A great addition to any old cartoon collection!"