Before rock ?n? roll . . . before R&B . . . there was doo wop. Drift back to a gentler time with the tunes and harmonies of the doo wop groups of the late ?50s and early ?60s. From the timeless and haunting "Since I Don?t... more » Have You" to the upbeat "Barbara Ann," this collection of beloved music will unlock a treasure trove of memories. The incredible PBS special Doo Wop: Vocal Group Greats Live is proof that through all the musical changes of the past 50 years, voice is the ultimate instrument and harmony is still the language of love. Doo Wop: Vocal Group Greats Live was recorded at The Sands Casino and Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey, on March 15 and 16, 2005. Program Listing: 1. Speedo & The Cadillacs - Zoom
2. Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners - Pennies From Heaven
3. Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners ? Since I Don?t Have You
4. Herb Reed?s Platters - Twilight Time
5. The Duprees - Have You Heard
6. The Duprees - You Belong To Me
7. The Cleftones - Little Girl Of Mine
8. Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five - What Time Is It?
9. Earl Lewis & The Channels ? That?s My Desire
10. Johnny Maestro & Brooklyn Bridge - Trouble In Paradise
11. Johnny Maestro & Brooklyn Bridge - The Worst That Could Happen
12. The Willows ? Church Bells May Ring
13. Willie Winfield & The Harptones - Life Is But A Dream
14. The Diamonds - Little Darlin?
15. The Regents - Barbara Ann
16. The Moonglows - Please Send Me Someone To Love
17. Terry Johnson?s Flamingos - Lovers Never Say Goodbye
18. The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
19. Pure Gold - Sh-Boom
20. Kenny Vance & The Planotones - Looking For An Echo
21. Pookie Hudson & The Spaniels - Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight
22. Jerry Butler and Pure Gold ? For Your Precious Love (bonus track)« less
Genres:Music Video & Concerts Sub-Genres:Pop, Other Music Studio:Shout Factory Format:DVD - Color DVD Release Date: 07/11/2006 Original Release Date: 01/01/2005 Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2005 Release Year: 2006 Run Time: 1hr 22min Screens: Color Number of Discs: 3 SwapaDVD Credits: 3 Total Copies: 0 Members Wishing: 6 MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated) Languages:English
"This is an excellent DVD. All of the music on it is terrific. You have picked a great compilation of songs. This is a definite must to have in your collection of DVD's. I would buy it again definately."
Doo-Wop: Vocal Group Greats Lie, Vol. 1
Jesus M. Perez | L.A. , CA USA | 04/05/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD was great! Money well spent. I've seen enough of these PBS T.J. Labinsky shows on TV and not all the artists can sing like they used to but there are still a lot that can blow you away. I'm an old dawg from the old school and I got to tell you this dvd is good. The picture and sound quality are great and so are the performances. It's one of my favorites and I play it all the time."
Doo-Wop Vocal Group Greats Live Vol 1
Leo Lamb | Florida, USA | 06/08/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Great concert. Brings back many memories, all good."
Joy is a big smile.
Frederick D. Martin | Western Colorado"Valley of the Colorado . | 01/07/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The DVD"Doo wop" is a must have addition to any collection of Doo wop music; It is only one of a set of six that the lover of Doo wop music should have. This collection never gets old, The era is brought alive each time this set of DVDs are played."
Not the best Doo Wop concert by Lubinsky
Olde Timer | Sacramento, CA, USA | 07/17/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"This Doo Wop concert was performed at The Sands Casino in Atlantic City and is more a night club performance than a theater performance. The groups that performed live did a great job and would have been even better in the Benedum Center For the Performing Arts in Pittsburg. There are a number of "flashback" films included here that did not seem to add that much to the presentation.
Overall, not one of Lubinsky's better efforts, due to the concert location and over-production in the editing room.
A better choice is Rock, Rhythm and Doo Wop. Also produced by Lubinsky."