This is how every music DVD should be!
dmpulp | Mexico, DF Mexico | 12/07/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Suede are one of those strange (and few) bands whose videos are just as great as their songs. And that is because they know how valuable the videos are for their fans. And "Lost In TV" shows it. This DVD includes every single Suede has promoted, plus a lot of additional material (studio recordings footage, a "The Tonight Show" performance of "Moving", a Brett Anderson and Richard Oakes rehearsal for "Daddy's Speeding", and a lot of surprises hidden). Of course, this DVD is worth every single penny! Check out the "Metal Mickey", "Electricity", "Beautiful Ones" and "The Wild Ones" videos, and you will know what I mean."
Very glad i bought it...
Low-Ranking Reviewer | US of A | 02/27/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Die hard Suede fans probably(or at least should) own it. But to the general Brit-rock/pop fan or music fan, here's why you should consider buying it.
1. great songs(about 18), good videos in varying quality(about 20, some are alternatives and one is just a film opening sequence). all in dolby digital 5.1/surround sound.
2. short 'films' by Simon Gilbert. kinda like brief featurettes.
3. instrumental option on a handful of videos/songs for you to sing along to yourself(lyrics provided).
4. band commentary!!! choose this option, and you can see them in a little window in a lower corner of the videos sitting on a couch and commenting on (more like, as someone else said, slagging) their own videos. this is funny, interesting, and informative on its own. as another reviewer said, at one point, they actually leave the room while a video is playing(they hate it that much!). watch all the videos first and try to guess which ones they hate the most(two in particular). i personally would not have guessed the two they hate the most...but the one with the water...well, you'll see. it should be noted that most of the videos aren't really bad, it's just that the members(as they freely admit in the commentary) don't really like 'acting' in them or like certain 'gimmicks' used to create certain ones. so take the critcisms with a grain of salt(i had to cause they weren't very fond of most of the videos i found to be really interesting/entertaining). to each their own.
5. of note, if you have trouble understanding their accents, turn the sub-titles on when you turn on the commentary. you'll be able to read what they say. also, the videos are grouped by album(about a handful of videos for each cd) you can watch all in a row, or just concentrate on them by groups.
hope that helps you decide to buy this. besides some great music, along the lines of 80's romanticism and stirring ballads, you also get some good(or at least interesting) videos with some being 'live' footage as a bonus...all at a reasonable price! highly recommended!!
that's the info part, here's the personal part(just for fun)
fav. songs= So Young, Trash, Beautiful Ones, Lazy, Electricity, She's in Fashion. fav. videos= We are the pigs, Wild Ones, Electricity, Trash, Beautiful ones. fav. album from Suede= Head Music(maybe). also recommended= Blur's and The Charlatans'(UK) video collections."
Why don't you own it already?
Henry Platte | Boston, MA | 06/15/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Assuming that anyone who happens to read this review is already a Suede fan, you need this product. There's really no better way to see all of these videos, and some of them (Beautiful Ones and Everything Will Flow in particular) are really brilliant and enhance the original songs. The video's best feature, though, has to be the instrumental versions of all the songs, allowing for Suede karaoke. It doesn't skimp on the features in general; it's a good buy."