Search - National Geographic Video - Inside the Pentagon on DVD

National Geographic Video - Inside the Pentagon
National Geographic Video - Inside the Pentagon
Actors: Alexander Scourby, Leslie Nielsen, Joseph Campanella, Orson Welles, Richard Basehart
Directors: Alexander Grasshoff, Aram Boyajian, Bert Haanstra, David Seltzer, Jack Kaufman
Genres: Television, Educational, Documentary
NR     2002     1hr 0min

Interweaves stories covering the sweep of the pentagons 58-year history taking viewers into the restricted inner workings of the american military machine including the new war on terrorism and coverage of the historic res...  more »


Larger Image

Movie Details

Actors: Alexander Scourby, Leslie Nielsen, Joseph Campanella, Orson Welles, Richard Basehart
Directors: Alexander Grasshoff, Aram Boyajian, Bert Haanstra, David Seltzer, Jack Kaufman
Creators: Al Giddings, Bud Wiser, James Lipscomb
Genres: Television, Educational, Documentary
Sub-Genres: Television, Educational, History, Military & War
Studio: National Geographic Video
Format: DVD - Color,Full Screen
DVD Release Date: 08/27/2002
Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2002
Release Year: 2002
Run Time: 1hr 0min
Screens: Color,Full Screen
Number of Discs: 1
SwapaDVD Credits: 1
Total Copies: 0
Members Wishing: 3
MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Languages: English

Similar Movies

Similarly Requested DVDs

Yoga Journal - Yoga for Your Pregnancy
   NR   2004   1hr 45min
Eight Below
Widescreen Edition
Director: Frank Marshall
   PG   2006   2hr 0min
The Christmas Blessing
Director: Karen Arthur
   NR   2007   2hr 0min
The Secret of NIMH
Director: Don Bluth
   G   1998   1hr 22min
Life is Beautiful
Director: Roberto Benigni
   PG-13   1999   1hr 56min
Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss
   NR   2000   4hr 0min
Black Hawk Down
Director: Ridley Scott
   R   2002   2hr 24min
Project Greenlight
Complete Series Plus Film Stolen Summer
Director: Pete Jones
   PG   2002   7hr 33min
The Hunt for Red October
Special Collector's Edition
Director: John McTiernan
   PG   2003   2hr 14min
The Guys
Director: Jim Simpson
   PG   2003   1hr 24min

Movie Reviews

A Waste
Warren Goldstein | Minneapolis, Minnesota United States | 06/22/2004
(2 out of 5 stars)

"This DVD is not nesecary for anyone to watch. 90% of the DVD revolves around 9/11, and only the remaining 10% is how the Pentagon, and the Armed Services work. Very little (10 minutes) is spent focusing on new technology that will be availible in the future.Of the 90% talking about 9/11, 75% is propoganda for the "war on terror." If we want propoganda, we can turn on the television and watch it for free, not pay for a DVD or a DVD rental. The 15% reolving around 9/11 that is not propoganda, it talks about how the attacks effected the Pentagon, and how it all worked before, and after.This is a waste of money, the only good part is the 10% talking about how the Pentagon & the Armed Services for in conjuction with each other. There is an interesting piece on the coast guard, however, that merely falls on the borderline between interesting information, and propoganda."
Made in April 2002, decent, though too much focus on Sep. 11
doppelganger | Chicago | 10/21/2002
(2 out of 5 stars)

"There were too many cheerleading sessions guised as interviews with Rumsfeld and the other spectacle-eyed swagger sticks, but the overall video is decent, showing many aspects of the rebuilding efforts and documentation of the attack. Strategically, they did go into the Pentagon as a command structure and showed how it is basically a brain for the largest organization known to man (which is pretty cool). Some stuff about the original commision of the building, though not too much. The real disappointment was too much focus on the "mindset" of everyone, instead of taking you on an actual tour of the place. National Geographic tells you about millions of square feet, but seen is almost nothing. They do go inside boardrooms not normally allowing cameras (ooohh, ahhhh) and some other crevaces like the parking lot security office (after a suspicious manilla envelope is sighted on the grounds). What would have been INCREDIBLE, is if they had shown Pentagon Library, or any part of the virtual CITY that's underneath street level (there are reportedly more floors underneath than above). And I would like to have AT LEAST seen the inner courtyard. Or maybe a tour of the "A-ring", inner-sanctum of the top dogs. Something other than a memorial for September and the whining of top generals that they need more more more. A bit of a dissappointment."