"This is the season where we see Jarod and his secrets at the centre and his relations with Sydney. Here are the episodes.
1. Crazy: PLEASENT WOOD INSTITUTE, MARYLAND - Jarod becomes a mental patient to undercover the truth behind the mysterious murder of another patient. Miss Parker researches the identity of her twin.
2. Hope and Prey: Jarod experiences the world of the bounty hunter as he seeks an American Indian activist who has a price on his head. In the meanwhile, Miss Parker learns more about her mother's death.
3. Once in a Blue Moon: To save a teen-age victim, Jarod learns the skills of criminal behaviorists and comes face-to-face with the Blue Moon Killer.
4. Someone to Trust: Jarod poses as an arsonist to expose a corrupt attorney, but faces unexpected accusations when the attorney is found dead.
5. Betrayal: Jarod teams up with Broots to find the culprit in a shootout at the Centre's Data Annex, a former operative named Damon.
6. Parole: Jarod portrays a paroled convict to aid a widow; Sydney learns startling news while consoling an old lover whose husband is dying.
7. Homefront: Jarod steals millions from the Centre, then poses as an arms dealer selling missile launchers to a weapons merchant in Venezuela.
8. Flesh and Blood: Jarod takes on the role of a tracking expert to help find four teachers, including Sydney's son, Nicholas, who are taken hostage in the Appalachian hills.
9. Murder 101: Jarod takes over a criminal psychology class and teaches a lesson in committing a flawless murder before tracking down three suspected killers.
10. Mr. Lee: A blind man and his assistant piece together Jarod's personality so they can kidnap him.
11. The Assassin: Jarod helps a former CIA computer analyst who must assassinate a U.S. senator to free her children from a kidnapper; Miss Parker meets her new neighbor.
12. Unsinkable: Jarod once again encounters Argyle, who is in need of help. Caught in the middle of a turf war, they work together to pay off Argyle's debt to some loan sharks.
13. Pool: Jarod challenges a pool hustler to get evidence linking the man to the murder of a young woman's father; Miss Parker tries to prevent Brigitte's marriage.
14. At the Hour of Our Death: Jarod and Miss Parker recall a childhood incident where they and Angelo met a dying girl at the Centre.
15. Countdown: Jarod races against time to locate the father of an injured boy with a rare blood disorder.
16. P.T.B. Jarod fills in for a radio talk show host who disappeared after a violent confrontation with a threatening caller; Thomas asks Miss Parker to relocate.
17. Ties That Bind: Jarod goes under cover to investigate a law firm that has a suspicious history of silencing witnesses; Miss Parker declares she is leaving the Centre.
18. Wake Up: Thomas is brutally murdered in Miss Parker's home by an unknown assailant; Jarod finds clues leading to a drug addict who later dies of an overdose.
19. End Game: The kidnapping of a young chess prodigy brings Jarod a little too close to his own demons -- and to the attention of an FBI criminal profiler ('Profiler' crossover). Meanwhile, Miss Parker gets unsettling news from Brigitte, and about Brigitte.
20. Qallupilluit: Jarod heads for Alaska to find his father, only to find himself trapped with a research team whose numbers are dropping rapidly -- and bloodily.
21. Donoterase (Part 1): Jarod's reunion with his father is marred by news of the Centre's latest project -- a teenaged clone of Jarod himself. However, assassins from the Centre are hot on their trail.
22. Donoterase (Part 2): Conclusion from part 1. Jarod and his father plan a rescue the clone created by the Centre's, while Miss Parker must face new truths from inside the Centre and more about her mother's murder.
There will be 1 more season of the Pretender and that IMO is the best season of the show!!!!
Everything gets turned up a notch or two.
Michael A. Brown | Salt Lake City, UT USA | 02/01/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Jarod (Michael T. Weiss) turned up the heat for the Centre in season three. Not that there wasn't more than enough heat in there already.
Miss Parker (Andrea Parker) finally got a bit of a life in the form of a contractor who could see right through her. In some cases ignoring her Centre responsiblities, and even pondering retirement. Parker (the actress), who was great in her role already, seemed to really enjoy the opportunity to show a new side of Parker (the character).
Mr. Lyle, while MIA for much of the season, has a whole new presence from the very beginning when Miss Parker finds out a disturbing truth about her Centre associate. Even more disturbing is the news that Brigitte has toward the end of the season, and the beginning of her marriage to Mr. Parker.
The end of the season has the most recognizable of the young flashback Jarods (Ryan Merriman) comes face-to-face with his modern day counterpart after Jarod discovers a Centre plot to clone him. Also giving the opportunity to reunite Jarod with his father, Major Charles (George Lazenby).
This season also includes the episode that got me hooked on the series, "Someone to Trust". Guest star Julia Campbell is great as a widow who may not be all that she seems. (Are they ever?)
Overall, a great seaon for a series that kept getting better and better."
What would you do?
Lilith Eve Cain | Ottawa, Canada | 01/10/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This show makes you think what would you do if you were isolated from the everyday things that people take for granted. Michael T. Weiss makes Jarod believable. His sweet innocence mixed with his look of revenge makes him a perfect pretender. For each episode it is written as a comic good triumphs over evil yet, for every episode Jarod is introduced to new mainstream objects and terms. Who would have thunk fruitcake and spam would be appreciated. Even with his naiveness he still has a heart for the one person who wants him back in the hell he was brought as a child. Even if you have never heard of this show it is worth just getting the starter kit and just see how intriguing and amazing this show is. I'm quite saddened that the show ended but I'm ver thrilled that it came out on DVD! I have the first two seasons already and can't wait for the other two. If you are looking for the answer of human behaviour then this show is for you!"
The Pretender- Season Three
D. Lund | Kennewick, WA USA | 12/21/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I still remember waiting for each new installment of this series. Would Jared get caught, if so how would he get away? The whole interplay between the characters of the show was well written. Sometimes it seemed a bit of the same old, same old, and just when you thought you knew what was going to happen, some twist or new angle would show up. Still one of my favorite shows to date."
Michelle Polk | Mississippi, USA | 08/22/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Jared to the rescue for a third season. Jared doesn't get any closer to finding his family but we do get to see a lighter side of Ms Parker, Sydney makes a personal discovery and Brutes continues to be pushed around! Not many questions are answered and lots more are asked!!"