Supplements are better than the movie...
Steve Kuehl | Ben Lomond, CA | 08/09/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
"No real surprises here, but I made sure to have no expectations as only two people came over from the first Road Trip (DJ Qualls and the tour mom). Story follows our college youth who compete in a nationals beer pong tournament and the troubles they go through in getting there. Along the way we get treated to some boring subplots, plenty of beautiful breasts, and lots of beer pong. I dig these kind of movies and they can rent/sell very well when it revolves around beer, but this was just below average in entertainment value.
The picture and sound were fine, but the supplements were funnier and more entertaining than the movie. Including:
* On The Road to Victory/Making Of - 25 minute featurette containing the cast/crew interviews; which had some funny insights like how stoked the writer was that he got the sequel director on board (this crew has made the Bring It On follow-ups, the American Pie and Slap Shot sequels) and how the director had cast the tour mom in this film not even knowing she had been in the first Road Trip.
* Bodacious Babes of Ta Ta's - 3 minute blurb on the gals that filled their roles (and half-shirts) for that sequence of the film.
* Chastity Bus - 3 minutes on the fun that group of gals had playing their parts.
* Get Your Balls Wet - 9:28 minute take on how the cast feels you should play the game, I suppose it would be the essential for those wanting to learn the finer points. Covers what they learned in doing their "research" for the film.
* In The Buff - 5 minutes on the party they had in filming the concert sequence towards the end.
* Deleted Scenes - 5 minutes of forgettable cuts.
* Bloopers - 7 minutes long, and honestly it was funnier than the entire movie.
The unrated is only a minute longer and I did not see anything monumental of "unrated" quality. Another one of those you have playing in the background at a party. One for the movie and two for the extras, skipper otherwise. Enjoy."
Just another one of the same old thing
Micheal Hunt | Hellbourne | 12/08/2009
(2 out of 5 stars)
"This is that seen if all before kind of thing where a guy falls in love with someone, but is tempted by someone else, he's not sure what to do about it, so naturally they hit to road to go play beer pong and party along the way, get drunk, fall apart, and recoup by the end to celebrate there understanding of themselves. YAWNNNNNNN however watching this after Van Wilder 3, it seemed like a watchable movie. Just don't expect anything memorable that makes it stand out from the 100 other of these kind of films being dumped out of hollyweeds rear end every year."