Innovative death-defying outrageous Xplosive pick any words you want and you still can t adequately describe the NTA X Division. AJ styles Christopher Daniels Chris Sabin and Petery Williams put the X Division on the map a... more »nd performances in X Matches helped introduce new stars like Sonjay Dutt Matt Bentley and Samoa Joe to wrestling fans around the world. This DVD includes the best and most exiting X-Division matches in TNA History.The Ultimate X2 Match: Michael Shane vs. Chris Sabin vs. The Fallen Angel vs. Low Ki for the X Division Championship (January 2004)Super X Tournament: Juventud Guerrera vs. NosawaSuper X Tournament: Teddy Hart vs. Johnny StormSuper X Tournament: Chris Sabin vs. Jerry LynnSuper X Tournament: Frankie Kazarian vs. Michael ShaneSuper X Tournament: Juventud Guerrera vs. Teddy HartSuper X Tournament: Chris Sabin vs. Frankie KazarianSuper X Tournament: Chris Sabin vs. Juventud GuerreraBonus Footage: Six Man X Elimination Match feturing the TNA return of The Amazing Red including Jerry Lynn Frankie Kazarian Nosawa Petey Williams and more!Format: DVD MOVIE Genre: SPORTS/GAMES Rating: NR UPC: 853877001034« less
Genres:Television, Sports Sub-Genres:Television, Wrestling Studio:BCI Format:DVD - Color - Best of,Closed-captioned DVD Release Date: 10/04/2005 Original Release Date: 01/01/2005 Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2005 Release Year: 2005 Run Time: 4hr 0min Screens: Color Number of Discs: 2 SwapaDVD Credits: 2 Total Copies: 0 Members Wishing: 2 MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated) Languages:English
WHAT A "CRUISERWEIGHT" DIVISION SHOULD BE ALL ABOUT!!!
D.P. | California | 01/28/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"If your like me & was a fan of the crusierweight style action that you saw back in the mid to late 90's in WCW and quite frankly are disappointed in WWE's pathetic attempts at that same division (Jacqueline, Chavo Classic, Funaki...and everyone else stuck on Velocity) then this DVD is for you because this is a throwback to that style of wrestling with a little twist...there is no weight limits here which makes room for a guy like Samoa Joe to leave people with their jaws dropped.
There are some flaws here as there isn't a AJ Styles vs. Johnny Devine match which they advertised on the cover. Also, there is also only 1 match with Styles vs. Williams vs. Sabin & that's the Ultimate X match...there isn't another 3 way dance between the three. However all the matches on here are from the latest stint of TNA where they have the six-sided ring & are in Universal Studios in Flordia. If your looking for X Division during the time in Nashville, check out TNA's website for the two DVD's they have in that era.
1. Victory Road - 20 Man Gauntlet Battle Royal The format is similar to the Royal Rumble except only 20 guys & short time interluded. You'll see old favorites like Spanky, Psychosis, La Parka, Hector Garza along with TNA regulars like Matt Bently (with Traci), Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt and others. Fun match.
2. Victory Road - X Division Champion Petey Williams vs. AJ Styles Unfortunally, this is one of the flops of the DVD because this match was really short (about 10 mins.) and it's constant interfearence from William's manager Scott D. It would have been better to put the match from the Turning Point PPV with Williams vs. Sabin.
3. Impact - Christopher Daniels vs. Chris Sabin Nice overall match but it's clipped.
4. Final Resolution - Ultimate X Match: Williams vs. Sabin vs. Styles If you never seen an Ultimate X match, it's really something to watch because high spots put off in this match are really something that will keep your guys on the ring. Watch AJ get kicked off the top & flipped inside out. The ending was something I didn't expect but it creative. Great match.
5. Against All Odds - Ironman Match: Daniels vs. Styles This match specifically is for those who say the X Division & TNA in general is full of "car crash matches & high spots" as they give you their high flyin' along with great mat wrestling for a full 30 mins.
6. Destination X - Ultimate X Match: Daniels vs. Styles vs. Primetime vs. Killings The rules for this match was different than usual as you have to eliminate two participants in first a tag then triple threat match before the Ultimate X match actually starts. Long match but with the stiputlations, it never really gets boring. Teh ending was a real screwjob but what would you expect from the lead heel in the X Division at that time
7. Lockdown - Ultimate Xscape Match: Shocker vs. Matt Bentley (with Trinity) vs. Chris Sabin vs. Sonjay Dutt Similar to the previous match, you gotta elimate two other participants before the actual match starts. To win, you gotta be the first to escape the cage. It was a photo finish in the end & overall a great match but the real show stealer was Trinity's moonsault from the top of the cage.
8. No Surrender - AJ Styles vs. Sean Waltman with Jerry Lynn as the guest referee It was a average match for me but the best Waltman has looked in years.
9. No Surrender - Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin Unfortunally the only Joe match on here but perfectly shows that X Divsion is about no limits, not weight limits. Joe's style is similar to that of the "shootfighting" that Taz & Ken Shamrock used to do with the stiff kicks & punches. Great match to showcase Joe. Note: Also available on the Samoa Joe DVD
10. Interview with Jerry Lynn Just a basic interview with Lynn talking about the beginnings of his career, how he got into the business, his favorite fueds, ect.
Bonus In the bonus section, they have two matches from Impact featuring Triple H (Daniels & Primetime) vs. Amazing Red & Sonjay Dutt and also a six way match with AJ Styles vs. Kid Kash vs. Amazing Red vs. Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelly vs. Kazarian. Both of which are clipped & nothing really special.
Again, if your a fan of the old school crusierweight division of WCW...this is definately for you."
TNA! TNA! TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D.P. | 01/22/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The best of the X division dvd is one of the greatest dvd's ever. I'm about to rate all the matches from 1-10 (10 being the greatest).
1. 20 man X gauntlet match for an X division trophy
This match had a lot of great spots. One of the greatest parts of this match up was when 7 or 8 guys stacked on top of each other and created a move called the Tower of Doom! It was an amazing move. Also the fact that when there was only two men left it became a pinfall match. The ending wasn't very good, but the rest was great. I give this match- 9.5/10
2. Petey Williams vs. AJ Styles
This match was great the greatest part was when Petey Williams jumped from the second rope to the mat and nailed the Canadian Destroyer on AJ Styles. The problem was that the match up was short, but it was great none the less. I give this match- 9/10
3. Chris Sabin vs. Christopher Daniels
This match unfortunately was the worst on the dvd only because it was way to short. Don't get me wrong this was a good match between these two, but it should've been longer. I give this match- 8.5/10
4. Ultimate X match featuring AJ Styles, Petey Williams, and Chris Sabin
This without a shadow of a doubt is one of the greatest matches in wrestling history. This match was fast paced and had tons of highspots. The two greatest were when AJ Styles did a perfect front flip over the ropes and landed on Williams, and Sabin, and one more was when AJ Styles was on the cable and Sabin kicked him and he took one of the sickest falls in wrestling history. The cables are about 15 feet high and when AJ fell it was awesome. I give this match- 10/10
4. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
This was a great match between these two. This had technical, speed, and high flying maneuvers in this match. Also AJ Styles bleeds bigtime in like the final 5 minutes, or less in this match. I give this match-9.5/10
5. Ultimate X match featuring AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Ron "Truth" Killings, and Primetime Elix Skipper
This was a match that was first a tag match then a triple threat match, and then an Ultimate X match. This was also a very great match. The greatest parts were when Christopher Daniels did the Best Moonsault ever from the top of the X, And one more was when AJ Styles did A Shooting Star Press from the top of the X. It was simply Phenomenal. Also a cool part was whwn AJ Styles nailed a move called the Pele. I give this match- 10/10
6. Xscape match featuring Shocker, Matt Bentley, Sonjay Dutt, and Chris Sabin
This was a unique match not only because it had the SIX SIDES OF STEEL (a cage with six sides), but the begining what you needed to do was eliminate two people by either pinfall or submission, and when there was two left You had to Xscape the SIX SIDES STEEL. The greatest part was when Trinity did a great moonsault from the top of the cage. I give this match a- 10/10
7. AJ Styles vs. Sean Waltman (X-Pac)
This had a special referee. I'm not telling you who he is. This match had a lot of good spots. A great part was when Sean Waltman did a front flip on AJ Styles. Both men were bleeding from either the mouth or the nose. It was great I give this match- 9/10
8. Chris Sabin vs. Samoa Joe
This had the greatest effort I've ever seen from Chris Sabin. He nearly beat the unstoppable Samoa Joe. The greatest part was when he nailed a dropkick on Samoa Joe and he fell into the guardrail, and when Samoa Joe nailed a huge Musclebuster on Chris Sabiin. I give this match- 9.5/10
The extras are good as well. They are a 6 way match, and a tag team match. Without a doubt you should get this dvd."
TNA: Best of the X Division Vol. 1
Orton Believer | Iowa | 10/21/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The X Division is an incredible division in TNA, much like the Cruiserweight division from WCW, not the WWE. It showcases what is considered some of the greatest wrestling of all time, and with the matches from this DVD, I can't argue
Victory Road - 20 Man X Division Gauntlet - Terrific match from TNA's first 3-hour PPV, with all the men in the ring it can get hard to focus sometimes, but that's the only complaint. Terrific performances from Jerrelle Clark and Kazarian, and an awesome tower of doom. 8/10
Victory Road - AJ Styles vs. Petey Williams for the X Division Championship - Once again from TNA's first PPV, this match was probably the most hyped TNA match ever at the time, and it did not disappoint, first time viewers will see how awesome AJ's offense is only complaint is that it was a little short, and Scott D'Amore played too big of a role, great match 7/10
Impact! - Chris Sabin vs. Christopher Daniels for a spot in the Ultimate X Match - Not one of my favorite matches of all time, I remember it being better, this was probably the start of Daniels' singles push, great for an Impact main event, but that about covers it 6/10
Final Resolution - Ultimate X Match for the X Division Championship - One of the greatest X division matches of all time, each man sells their injuries and fatigue fantastically, awesome hurricanrana from Petey and a sick bump from the top of the X by AJ Styles that has to be seen to believed, great ending 10/10
Against All Odds - Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles in an Ironman Match for the X Division Championship - Possibly the greatest Ironman match I have ever seen, these two just have that rare chemistry, always have, AJ does a splendid job of selling the fatigue while Daniels plays that arrogant a-hole so well, not a bad thing wrong with this match 10/10
Destination X - Ultimate X Match for the X Division Championship - Awesome, but not as good as Final Resolution, I think it has to do with the X not really being a huge factor (other than an awesome moonsault and a reverse hurricanrana spot) until the final two, the tag team and triple threat stipulations worked fairly well, but were kind of throwaway because everyone and their brother knew the final two were going to be Daniels and Styles, like I said awesome, but not as good as Final Resolution 9/10
Lockdown - Xscape Match - Great tag team match that turns into a sloppy triple threat match and a mediocre cage match. When Dutt was eliminated first I knew we were in trouble however Sabin and Bentley did offer a few cool spots, that whiplash into the cage just looked plain brutal. Shocker never did it for me as a wrestler, so I wasn't real happy with the ending. Trinity's moonsault has to be one of the best woman spots I've ever seen. Good tag team match, but that's about it. 6/10
No Surrender - AJ Styles vs. Sean Waltman - A good match with great ring psychology and having Jerry Lynn as referee only made the whole experience sweeter. Typical good spots by AJ and Waltman also brought his A game. AJ's first Clash looked sick and I'm surprised that Waltman didn't have a neck injury afterwards. AJ's bloody nose is pretty sick, but the show must go on. A damn good match 7/10
No Surrender - Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin - The first time I ever had a chance to see Joe in action, and I have to say he impressed. Sabin did a terrific job of withstanding Joe's brutal offense. That Muscle Buster was just awesome, and so was the Kokhia Clutch. Sabin looked stronger after taking Joe's offense and then dishing out some punishment of his own. Joe really flew in this match for being such a big guy. Great match 8/10
Extras located on Disc 2.
Impact! - Sonjay Dutt & Amazing Red vs. Triple X - What a great tag team match, seeing as it was only 5 minutes long. A pretty creative ending but we all knew who was going to win, about ten times better than your normal Impact opener, but I don't know how much that's saying. One of Triple X's last matches as Daniels and Primetime were forced to go single at Turning Point. Good match 6/10
Impact! - 6 Man X Division Match - About ten times better than your run-of-the-mill WWE cruiserweight battle royals, as every man is made to look like they could have won it. Rather short at 7 minutes, but I can't complain because of all the action that was shown during that short period. Very funny spot when Red goes to pin someone and all four opponents come in and break it up. This was to determine the #1 contender for the X Divison title at Victory Road. A classic Impact! Main event 7/10"
Orton Believer | 09/03/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"X Division is some of the best wrestling in the world. You won't see this kind of action anywhere else. Exciting and innovating. Great DVD."
High flying action
Kyle XY | PA USA | 09/03/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"If you love high flying, no limits wrestling action, the TNA x division is the way to go. Many amazing superstars like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Sean Waltman, Sonjay Dutt, Shocker, Michael "Matt Bentley" Shane, and Chris Sabin i believe are featured on this great dvd, so check it out!"