Narrated by Jeri Ryan (Star Trek, Voyager), this program features stunning visualizations, state-of-the-art animation, and interviews with the top experts in the field of science, technology and UFOology?including a talk w... more »ith Jill Tarter (the real-life inspiration for the book and film Contact). Initially broadcast on The Learning Channel, UFOs & Aliens includes clips from Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Orson Welles in his War of the Worlds prime. Based on factual evidence and explored with flair, this collection provides an entertaining and exciting examination of UFO sightings, alien encounters, and our efforts to contact and communicate with potential extraterrestrial life and interstellar space. Making Contact What happens if contact with alien life is firmly established? This program takes an extraordinary new look at the state-of-the-art in the search for extraterrestrial life. Alien Life Forms People all over the world claim to have had close encounters, and thousands believe they have been abducted by aliens. This program consults the experts and considers the possibilites. Saucer Tech Ion propulsion, zero-point gravity, antimatter, annihilation, gravity manipulation - this program takes an entertaining look at at the known and the unknown.« less
Genres:Science Fiction & Fantasy Sub-Genres:Science Fiction & Fantasy Studio:Questar Format:DVD - Color DVD Release Date: 05/29/2001 Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/1999 Release Year: 2001 Run Time: 3hr 30min Screens: Color Number of Discs: 1 SwapaDVD Credits: 1 Total Copies: 0 Members Wishing: 0 MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated) Languages:English
"I too bought this DVD based on the five star reviews (silly people). I too came away quite dissatisfied with it's super conservative overtones and dull mainstream subject matter overall. Although I'll admit this DVD has a better than average production quality for a "UFO" DVD, I found that the actual information contained within is severly lacking in regards to exploring the true state of the UFO phenomenon and how our Government is dealing with it. Instead of getting the current facts, this production keeps asking the same old remedial questions over and over: Are we alone? How do we make contact?
and on and on... and addressing the same old lame @$$ excuses as to why they think UFOs couldn't exist or how this is some form of mass hallucination. All the same old intelligence insulting cliches the uninformed have been hearing for years, it's nothing new.
I also agree with another reviewer that if you're really looking for UFO information, purchase the DVD titled "Out of the Blue". It is by far a more informed documentary on the subject in regards to what we now know about our government and their interests in UFOs and the production quality is excellent
Value for money
L. Ferraro | Australia | 05/03/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Three documentaries from TLC network on one dvd.
1. Making Contact - Search for extraterrestrial life, what would happen if we make contact with an alien race. SETI researchers discuss there theories and probabilities about making contact with another planet. Running time 50.23
2. Alien Life Forms - Thousands of people claim to have been abducted by aliens, are they for real or is there another explanation. You will see alien abductees put through hypnosis to recall there encounters. Abduction researchers explaining why this phenomenon is real, while scientists and experts as usual making a mockery of the phenomena. Running time 52.41
3. Saucer Tech - Examines the Phoenix sightings of a formation of lights in a triangle shape hovering over the city in the late nineties that made headlines around the world. Witnesses recall there encounters and plenty of video footage of this historic event are shown. Also discussed are the theories of planetary visitations, how would they get here, have they been here, what would it take to travel the galaxy. Scientists and experts give there view. Running time 52.09Extras - Animation motion menu which sees a UFO flying around, pretty cool. There are three progams.
1. UFO's vs. U.S Government - Examines the history of UFO's and the government involvement from Project Sign to Project Blue book. Roswell is discussed briefly. Running time 16.43
2. Aliens in Antiquity - Briefly explore the possibilities that Ancient Astronauts have visited in the past and left behind evidence at historic sites like Stonehenge and the pyramids of Egypt and Mexico just to name a few. Running time 15.30
3. Reel Encounters - Trailors for UFO Alien related Sci-Fi films which include The Day the Earth stood still, War of the Worlds, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and E.T. Running time 13.17
Transfer is excellent, audio Dolby 2.0. Best UFO related dvd I've come across so far and value for money with over 3.5 hours viewing. Transfer 4/5, audio 5/5, extras 4/5."
Re-hashed trash with a glossy cover and slick production.
A. Reynolds | 03/01/2005
(2 out of 5 stars)
"If you want to learn more about the phenomenon, then dont bother looking at this DVD. The only slightly intresting bits are the "extras" and the last 1/3 of the main DVD - Saucer Tech.
The first main sections of the DVD iterates that only scientits are able to discern reality from non-reality. So called specialists think that UFO's are figments of the imagination or sleep paralysis.
There is so much denial of "hard" or "real" evidence such as radiation burns, physical debris and other physical evidence, yet of course only SETI can tell us if the aliens are out there with their primitve alien radio transmitters.
It's a shame Jeri Ryan wasn't actually "in-shot" or I'd have given a few more stars just for her appearance!
If you're gonna buy, put this at the bottom of your wishlist."
UFOs & ALIENS
B. Wiggins | 09/18/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD is Excellent!!! This top quality DVD runs for like 3 and a half hours with loads of extra's and is even narrarated by Star Trek's Jeri Ryan (aka Seven of Nine). Very cool... It has changed the way I look at this world. A must see for anyone interested in extra terrestrial life. UFOs are real...
and our Govornment knows we are not alone!"
Ufos and aliens is a waste of your time
B. Wiggins | Newport News, Va. | 06/07/2005
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I have purchased and watch the "UFO's and ALIENS" DVD and all I want to say is "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T ORDER THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE"!!!!!! You will recieve some Government TRUTH within the "EXTRA's" section of the DVD, but when you watch the DVD you must ask the question "What are they NOT telling ME"? I have seen many UFO video's and this one is the worst, I recommend buying "UFO's: The Secret Evidence", it will give you at least 80% of the truth about what's happening with this phenomenon. B. Wiggins"