Actors:The Rock, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle Genres:Sports Sub-Genres:Wrestling Studio:Sony Format:DVD - Color DVD Release Date: 01/15/2002 Original Release Date: 01/01/2001 Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2001 Release Year: 2002 Run Time: 3hr 0min Screens: Color Number of Discs: 1 SwapaDVD Credits: 1 Total Copies: 0 Members Wishing: 7 MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated) Languages:English
Shawn Stowell | Gardner, MA United States | 01/30/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This had to be the most important PPV of the year besides WM x-seven, because it would decide what entity would survive. The WWF or the WCW/ECW Alliance. The theme song for this PPV is "control" from Puddle Of Mud, Not my first choice for a theme, but then again not horrible, alright i'll rate the matches 1-5 stars and review them.1) WWF European Championship
Christian (champion) Vs. Al Snow
This match was pretty much a bonus because it was made on sunday night heat, good opener but pointless match, good match overall.
2.5 stars out of 52) Tajiri Vs. Alliance Commisioner Willaim Regal
Another decent match, after the match ends Regal feels the need to keep returning to the ring to lay it on Tajiri some more, it gets to the point where u just say to yourself, "go away please"
2.5 stars out of 53)Championship Unification Match
Edge (WCW U.S. Champion) Vs. Test (WWF Intercontinental champion) The winner of this match was to keep there job no matter the out come of the Winner Take All Match. A really good bout with some high spots. Edge wins which latter sets up Test joining the Immunity battle royal to try and secure his job.
3 out of 5 stars.4)Steel Cage Tag Team Unification Match
Hardy Boyz (WWF Tag Team Champions) Vs. Dudly Boyz (WCW Tag Team Champions) Awesome match with a dramatic finish, matt Hardy climbs over the cage, whick is a foolish mistake and leaves his brother alone, when Jeff climbs to the top to escape and win he decides to take a foolish chance and dive off the cage threw Bubba on the table, Bubba moves and Jeff gets wood, Dudlyz win.
4 out of 5 stars.5)Immunity Invitational Battle Royal
Featuring 22 WCW/ECW and WWF superstars
Before the match Test beats up Scotty 2 Hotty in the back and takes his spot in the battle royal. Whichs makes it kinda obvious who is going to win, but you never know with the WWF. This isnt exactly WM x-seven. Anyways Test wins and gains immunity for 1 year, meaning he cant be fired for a year.
4.5 stars out of 56) Six Pack challenge for the Women's Tile
Lita Vs. Jaqueline Vs. Trish Vs. Ivory Vs. Molly Holly Vs. Jazz
Good womens bought for the title, ends when trish uses the Stratusfaction for the win, (Wow is she hot lol)
3 out of 5 stars.7)Team WWF vs. Team Alliance
Winner Take All Elimination Match
Team WWF: The Rock, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Kane, Bigshow
Team Alliance: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Rob van Dam, Booker T, and Shane Mcmahon.
Here we go, the match most of us have been waiting for, hoping that the Alliance would come to an end, This match didn't fail to deliver, with numerous high spots, the biggest high spot, the ending. When it is down to The Rock and Austin. Kurt Angle comes down to the ring and hits Austin right in the head with his own Title. It is truly an awesome ending, Kurt angle acted as the mole for the past month to help the WWF rid the Alliance. Another high spot to me was to see Paul Heyman's stupid expression after he realized he was out of a job, kodak moment.
5 out of 5 stars no doubt.DVD Extras: Yes DVD Extras! about time.
1st extra is A day of a WWF superstar. Which is Edge talking about how he became a wrestler ETC...
2nd Extra: After Math on Raw. This is everything important that happened the following night on raw. the firing of Paul Heyman, Vince calling for security to take his princess away, and Regal joining the Vince Mcmahon kiss my rear club. (dont watch ehhhh nasty..) The final little extra is the concluding moments of raw where Rick Flair (woooooooo) comes into the WWF to tell Vince that they are now partners. After that Austin comes out and dominates Angle and Vince and gets his Belt back, Austin and Flair then drink a beer together.5 star PPV no doubt, thanks for bearing with me and reading this very long review, but at least you got the fullest of what to expect if you purchase this DVD, get it now and watch the Alliance finally die."
B. D. Jeffries | Raleigh, NC | 01/21/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"European Championship Christian vs. Al Snow Nice to see Al in action. Not a bad match.
Tajiri vs. William Regal They tried to make this feud work but it never came to fruition. Not very good.
Unification Match for the Intercontinental & United States Titles Edge vs. Test Much better than expected match. Very fast paced with a good ending. Even though the US title would be brought back less than 2 years later it's still cool.
Steel Cage Unification Match for the WCW & WWF Tag Team Titles Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz A little slow at first but picks up and Jeff Hardy does his obligatory crazy bump. Very good match overall.
Immunity Battle Royal Why? junk.
Six-Pack Challenge for the Women's Championship Trish Stratus vs. Jazz vs. Molly Holly vs. Ivory vs. Jacqueline vs. Lita Pretty good women's match. Lots of action.
Winner Take All The Rock, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Undertaker, & Kane vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, & Shane McMahon Greatest elimination match ever. High drama and intensity makes this a classic with one of the 10 greatest endings in wrestling."
PERFECT WWF PAY PER VIEW
shawn/sam vincent | Dover PA USA | 02/19/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"i BOUGHT THIS PPV FROM AMAZON AND I THINK YOU SHOULD TOO. THIS WAS AN AWESOME PPV. 1.Al snow vs christain for the eurupean title.great effort for the two of them. man al snow would have won with the snowplow exept christain was too close to the ropes. Great match! 8/10 2.william regal vs tagiri. stupid william. Its a good thing tagiri was in it or else this match would have been really boring. OK match. 7/10. 3.unifacation match EDGE VS TEST.sort of slow hitting at the beginning but near the end it became more interesting. yahoo! 8/10 4.tag team cage unifacation match dudley boyz vs the hardy boyz. wow!!! exellent match. 10/10 wouldve gave it a 11/10 if the hardyz won.
5.imunity battle royal match. it wasnt as good as i thought it would be. 6/10 was ok.7. 6 pack womens challenge. awesome match. trish is my favorite girl wrestler.8/10 8. 10 man tag ellimination match winner take all. wahooooooo!!!!!!!!! outstanding match thank god for kurt angle. 70000/10 a ppv worth it to buy!"
A Classic Pay-Per-View That Could've Been The Best of 2000
shawn/sam vincent | 12/14/2001
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This pay-per-view had all the potential of becoming the Best PPV of the Year 2000. There was one problem: The only match with any build-up was the 10-Man Elimination Main-Event.Christian vs. Al Snow was a good match and could've given both these men a tremendous push but it had little to no build-up unless you watched Sunday Night Heat.William Regal vs. Tajiri had a build-up but the match fell short of my expectations and what it really could've been.Test vs. Edge was a match that really shocked me. Edge and Test are two great athletes that WWF needs to push a lot more.Dudleys vs. Hardys was okay but these two teams could've stolen the show like they always do but they focused too much on breaking up the Hardys than the actual match itself.Immunity Battle Royal was a great one. I found myself changing my prediction throughout the whole thing. It wasn't until it came down to Test and Billy Gunn that I thought Test would win.The Six-Pack-Challenge for the Women's Championship was a match that had no build-up but was an excellent match. I thought the Women's Championship was suppose to be the equivalent of the WWF Title? If so, then why do they never promote that title? And Jazz coming in as the sixth participant? Stephanie would've been a better surprise and could've been more enjoyable. And Trish winning the title? Color me stunned! I was hoping it'd be Lita but Trish winning was NOT a disappointment.10-Man Elimination Match-up was so exciting! I thought the WWF would win but then again, you never know. I wanted Kurt to turn back to the WWF so bad that I figured WWF would disappoint again, but it was great!"
It's Winner Take All, a good fit to end the INVASION!
Scotty 2 Hotty 24 | Back Woods, GEORGIA | 10/17/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"The Survivor Series was a good ppv to end this Invasion feud between the WWF and the Alliance that started back in June. The event also hosted two unification matches and an immunity battle royal. I felt the ppv was good but not as good as other reviewers thought it was.
1. European Title Christian vs. Al Snow A pretty average match and nothing more. The match had a few counters and wrestling. Just a decent contest between these two. 3/5
2. Tajiri vs. William Regal This match was slightly better than the first match. Regal gets a little bloody here. Tajiri looked pretty good. Good match. 3.5/5
3. Unification Match IC champion Test vs. US champion Edge Out of the whole night, I felt this match was the most competitve of the night. Test looked very good and on key and so did edge. Edge and Test gave a good performance. They pulled off some good counters and came out with some good maneuvers. A great looking match. Not the best of the night but pretty close. 4.5/5
4. Unification Steel Cage Match WCW Tag Team champions Dudley Boyz vs. WWF Tag Team champions Hardy Boyz Not a total bloodbath as cage matches suppose to be. It was more physical than anything. Hardys used their quickness and steadiness to counter the bigger and powerful team of the dudleys. A table would somehow sneak itself into the match and get use. It had a questionable ending that floated over to vengeance between the Hardy brothers. A good match to unify the tag belts. 4.5/5
5. Immunity Battle Royal This featured superstars from the WWF and the Alliance fighting for immunity to stay in the business. The crowd was a little dead in this match. It had a couple of good elimination spots but nothing that great. This also had a few surprised appearences but it could have been better. 3/5
6. Women's Title Lita vs. Trish Stratus vs. Ivory vs. Molly Holly vs. Jazz vs. Jacqueline This was a six pack challenge among the divas where they had to make tags to enter the match. It had a couple of good spots but I felt this match was only average as well. Trish had a nice counter into her stratisfaction for the win. 3/5
7. Winner Take All Survivor Series Elimination Match Team WWF- The Rock/Undertaker/Kane/Chris Jericho/Big Show vs. Team Alliance- Stone Cold/Booker T/Kurt Angle/Shane McMahon/RVD This match was a perfect way to end this Alliance Invasion rivalry. It started out with probably two of the most fan favorites in the Rock and Austin. Shane got a little annoying after interfering in so many of the pinning combinations. I felt it was a good fit to let Shane and Big Show to be the first two eliminated.
After the first two eliminations, the match progressed at a good pace and the next eliminations came at good times. The two teams would brawl for a while. Y2J and Rock continued their little feud in this match which carried over to the Royal Rumble. Rock and Stone Cold put on a great performance being the final two. A fitting end to close out this great Invasion feud. 5/5
I suggest picking up Survivor Series. Great main event with a decent under card."