A worthy tribute to the importance of animals
Kyle Tolle | Phoenix, Arizona USA | 01/11/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"A combination of efforts from civilians, veterinarians, and rescue workers demonstrate their devotion and compassion to saving a life no matter if it is human or animal. Some of the logistics involved with in-depth rescues here are quite impressive in their own right and witnessing the resilience and survival instincts of animals is certainly amazing in many cases.
Listed below are the individual chapters of this feature and in the order of their appearance:
1. An Arabian horse falls on its back into a ditch on a badly eroded riding trail with the rider pinned underneath the animal
2. A two week old puppy falls into an 8 inch wide exposed sewer pipe
3. A damaged boat is sinking fast and it is threatening the husband, wife, and their pet dog
4. A 40 ton whale is trapped on a shallow sandbar only 100 yards off shore
5. A pet Cockatoo is stranded on an outer ledge of a 40 story building
6. A dog is trapped in a freezing river desperately clinging to ice
7. Another dog is trapped in a swiftly flowing icy river
8. Even another dog is trapped in a 6 inch gap between the rear wall of a store and a retaining wall
9. A horse tumbles more than 50 feet down a muddy hillside and becomes wedged under a fallen tree next to a swiftly moving river full of debris
10. A baby Elk is trapped and partially buried in a mudslide
11. In Kenya, Africa, a Cape Buffalo is rescued from a pride of Lions by its own herd
Although some of the rescues featured here are more dramatic and exciting than others, seeing the culmination of each and every one is rewarding and heartwarming. All of the animal rescues shown in this program end successfully with no long term injuries or ailments affecting the animals afterwards.
At only 52 minutes long, I really wished there was more material but for what is offered, I was not disappointed with what I saw. This documentary was very good in my opinion and I recommend it to everyone.