Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: question regarding blu-rays.......

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Mark D.

Subject: question regarding blu-rays.......
Date Posted: 10/14/2016 10:24 AM ET

in this sites rules regarding trading of blu rays, it says that the movies have to be in a case.

Here's my question: I have several Blu Rays that i would like to swap here, they all have the original blu ray artwork but are in standard DVD covers which are black.

Are these postable?

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 10/14/2016 3:09 PM ET

I don't think they are postable because the artwork doesn't fit the case, but if they are wishlisted, you would probably have good luck listing them in the bazaar. That way you don't have to invest in bluray cases to make them postable. 

Last Edited on: 10/14/16 3:11 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
rxrcds (Melissa B.)

Date Posted: 10/14/2016 9:27 PM ET

Back in 2010, the team said it was fine to post Blu-rays in standard cases, but the poster had to PM the recipient to see if they were ok with it. I don't have the patience to search the forums to see if this was changed, but here's the original post questioning them.

May be worth sending in a question for an update from the team to see if this is still valid.

http://www.swapadvd.com/forum/topic.php?t=14610

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 10/15/2016 8:53 AM ET

There are some online that say, "Blu-Ray in standard case."  I think I have one of those.  I also received several on the site that were in standard cases, but the art had the blue background paper with "Blu-ray" symbol imprinted on it, and these came through a regular order.  I switched them out into regular Blu cases.  Just saying that I think they are postable as is, but also would message anyone that requests them first.