Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Is there a way to avoid certain users?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
moochie (Braden M.)

Subject: Is there a way to avoid certain users?
Date Posted: 12/16/2023 6:43 PM ET

Overall my short time on here has been great so far, but I've already had a couple instances where I think it would just be better to avoid future transactions. For example, someone who sends the wrong DVD and doesn't respond to PMs to correct it or someone who shortchanges on shipping costs leaving me to pay more upon delivery.

Is there a way to avoid requesting from specific users?

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 12/18/2023 12:16 PM ET

You can check who the sender would be right after you make a request and cancel if it is one of those people.  This means you would also have to forgo the use of autorequest on your wishlist, and you would need to wait until that person no longer had that title on their shelf until you placed another request for it (or until it became available throgh a deal in the Bazaar)

moochie (Braden M.)

Date Posted: 12/19/2023 11:51 PM ET

Thanks. That should probably work.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 1/11/2024 5:04 AM ET

Thanks for the help Bret, but we all know he is probably talking about me, as are others. I would like to formally apologize now about this, as an indepedent film maker I thought it would be a smart idea to replace dvds with my own films as a means of getting my name out there, instead of John Wick Chapter 4 people would receive my eight-part-series on Trapezoids, did you know two types of trapezia were introduced by Proclus (AD 412 to 485) in his commentary on the first book of Euclid's Elements, I'd like to see that Russian Mafia Assassin provide more action than that, sorry Keanu but my skirmishes put you to shame.