If you plan to be out of town (or away from email) for longer than a few days, you can use the Vacation/Hold feature to put your DVD Tower on hold if necessary. If you make short trips, you can keep your DVD Tower available, since the sending deadlines are reasonable: You have 5 days to respond to an incoming request, and a maximum of 7 days after accepting a request to mark a DVD mailed.
If you are going to be away from home and/or email for less than 5 days:
- You can keep your DVD Tower available
- Choose the latest mail-by date when you accept a request: you will have 2 days after that mail-by date to mark the DVD mailed.
- If you will have access to email at least once every 48 hours, you will be sure not to miss any Wish List offers
- If you will NOT have access to email at least once every 48 hours, you should set any Wish List items you are close to #1 in line for to Auto-Request (you have to have enough credits in your account to "cover" these)
If you are going to be away from home and email for more than 5 days:
- Put your DVD Tower on Hold to prevent incoming requests.
- This will put your Wish List on hold too; if you want to set Wish List items to auto-request, be sure you have credits to "cover" them..
How to put your Account on Hold/vacation
What is the auto-request feature on the Wish List?
How does the Vacation Hold affect My DVD Tower?
How does the Vacation Hold affect My Wish List?
How does the Vacation Hold affect SwapaDVD emails?
I will be away from my account for a prolonged time; how should I handle this?
Can I see my past transactions?