"This was one of the worst WWe PPV shows ever! Why anyone except maybe a WWe historian would consider owning it is beyond me. If I could give it a '0' rating I would.
The booking of the matches was some of the worst of all time. Skilled wrestlers like Chris Benoit should never lose to glorified jobbers like Orlando Jordan. The main event with Batista vs. JBL will put you to sleep. GUAR-AN-TEE!
If you're looking for quality wrestling DVDs, check out Shawn Michaels: From the Vault, Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story, or The Ric Flair Collection.
AVOID THIS DVD AT ALL COSTS!"
Hay tna fans
Vincent Smith | 08/10/2005
(1 out of 5 stars)
"i know why they keep on typing here. cause tna they dosent have there own dvd section. i dont even know if they have there own dvds they suck so much "
Just a suggestion
J. Green | 07/30/2005
(3 out of 5 stars)
"PLEASE PEOPLE THIS IS TO WRITE A REVIEW ON A WWE PPV. PLEASE STOP TRYING TO TELL US ON HOW GREAT (OR CRAPPY) TNA IS. NOBOBY CARES ABOUT HEARING ABOUT WRESTLING THAT NO ONE CAN FIND TO WATCH OR DISH OUT MONEY FOR A PPV WHERE WE DON'T FEEL LIKE SEEING JEFF JARRETT OR DDP WHO CAN'T GO ANYMORE."
WWE GREAT AMERICAN BASH 2005 REVIEW
Kevan | Newark, DE | 02/03/2006
(1 out of 5 stars)
"UNDER 50: ASK FOR A REFUND FOR YOUR TIME AND MONEY, AVOID (F) 50-54: MEDIOCRE & DISSAPOINTING (D) 55-59: AVERAGE (C) 60-64: WORTH A WATCH (C+) 65-69: GOOD EVENT WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY(B) 70-74: VERY GOOD (B+) 75-79: GREAT EVENT, ADD THIS TO YOUR COLLECTION NOW! (A) 80+: LOCK THIS BABY IN A SAFE PLACE! (A+)
WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MNM VS. LOD 2005 SUPRISED HOW MUCH THIS GOT THE CROWD GOING, BUT THAT IS JUST WHAT AN OPENER SHOULD DO. I MUST SAY I DIDNT LIKE THIS ONE. MNM ARE A GREAT NEW AND FRESH TAG TEAM, BUT ANIMAL ISNT WHAT HE WAS MANY YEARS AGO, WHILE HEIDENREICH HAS NO WRESTLING SKILLS. AT LEAST THEY KEPT IT SHORT AND AT A QUICK PACE. NOT TOO BAD OF A MATCH, BUT I JUST DIDNT ENJOY IT THAT MUCH. HARD TO RATE AS THE CROWD SEEMED TO ENJOY IT, BUT NOTHING TO FAIL. WINNERS & NEW WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: LOD RATING: 5
CHRISTIAN VS. BOOKER T PRETTY SOLID MATCHUP, BUT NOT AS GOOD AS SOME OF THEIR MATCHES IN THE PAST. CROWD WAS BEHIND CHRISTIAN MOST OF THE MATCH, AS WELL AS I WAS. PRETTY DECENT PACE, AS USUAL WITH THESE TWO. SOME PARTS GOT A LITTLE SLOW AND BORING, BUT IT GOT QUICKER AND BETTER. OVERALL A DECENT MATCH, WITH A PRETTY NICE ENDING, WITH BOOKER T HITTING A SCISSORS KICK FROM THE MIDDLE ROPE. AS A WRESTLING MATCH IT WAS GOOD, BUT I THINK THESE TWO COULD HAVE DONE BETTER. WINNER: BOOKER T RATING: 6
UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP ORLANDO JORDAN VS. CHRIS BENOIT A PRETTY SOLID MATCH. NOTHING SPECIAL AS USUAL IN AN ORLANDO JORDAN MATCH, BUT BENOIT DOES HIS BEST TO KEEP THIS ONE WATCHABLE. I HAVE TO GIVE HIM PROPS FOR MAKING OJ LOOK LIKE A SOMEWHAT DECENT TECHINICAL WRESTLER. BETTER THAN I EXPECTED, AS I DID HAVE LOW EXPECTATIONS. BESIDES THE LAME BOOKING HAVING OJ RETAIN AND THE ENDING, THIS WASNT ALL THAT BAD. WINNER & STILL UNITED STATES CHAMPION: ORLANDO JORDAN RATING: 5
CONTENDERS MATCH UNDERTAKER VS. MUHAMMAD HASSAN ANOTHER SOLID MATCH. ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THE MATCH IS TOO SHORT. ODD TO SEE NO DISQUALIFICATIONS AS THE 'TERRORISTS' THAT CARRIED HASSAN TO THE RING CONTINUED TO INTERFERE. WHAT REALLY MADE THIS MATCH STAND OUT IS THE AFTERMATH, WHERE TAKER LAST RIDES HASSAN THROUGH THE STAGE! THAT WAS SICK. OVERALL WATCHABLE, AS IT WAS KEPT SHORT. WINNER: UNDERTAKER RATING: 6
6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH BWO VS. MEXICOOLS THIS WAS A PRETTY AVERAGE MATCHUP. THIS WAS NOTHING YOU COULDNT SEE ON SMACKDOWN. THOUGH THE ENTRANCES WERE ENTERTAINING, THAT MATCH ITSELF WASNT VERY SPECIAL, THOUGH THEY DID KEEP A GOOD PACE GOING, AND IT WAS KEPT RELATIVELY SHORT. BUT IT WAS STILL OVERALL AN AVERAGE MATCH. WINNERS: MEXICOOLS RATING: 5
IF EDDIE WINS, HE REVEALS REY'S SECRET EDDIE GUERRERO VS. REY MYSTERIO FINALLY WE HAVE A 'GOOD' MATCH. BUT NOW ITS THE STORYLINE THAT KEEPS THINGS DOWN. WHEN YOU HAVE THESE TWO TOGEHER IN A MATCH, YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE SOMETHING GOOD. THOUGH I MUST SAY, I WAS DISSAPOINTED WITH THE ENDING. EDDIE HITS A HUGE BRAINBUSTER, BUT SOON AFTER DOMINATING, REY JUST ROLLS HIM UP FOR THE WIN. NOT BAD AT ALL, BUT SOME THINGS KEPT IT FROM BEING GREAT LIKE IT COULD HAVE BEEN. WINNER: REY MYSTERIO RATING: 7
BRA & PANTIES MATCH MELINA VS. TORRIE WILSON ANOTHER AVERAGE WOMENS MATCHUP. THOUGH IT WAS PHYSICAL, AND THEY DID ACTUALLY WRESTLE, I DONT THINK ID GIVE THIS ONE A SECOND WATCH. I CANT PASS IT AS IT WASNT A VERY WATCHABLE MATCH, AND I WOULDNT RECOMMEND WATCHING THIS ONE. WINNER: MELINA RATING: 4
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATISTA VS. JBL WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THIS!? THIS WAS JUST A LONG, BORING BRAWL, WITH NO WRESTLING IN IT WHATSOEVER. THIS HAD LESS WRESTLING THAN THE BRA AND PANTIES MATCH, AND BELIEVE ME, IF YOU WATCHED KING OF THE RING 2002'S MAIN EVENT, YOU'D KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. ONLY, THOSE TWO HAVE MORE POTENTIAL AS WRESTLERS THAN THESE TWO DO. BAD MATCH TO END THIS AVERAGE PPV. HARD TO SAY SKIP THIS MATCH, AS IT WAS THE MAIN EVENT, BUT I DONT RECOMMEND A FIRST LOOK. WINNER BY DQ: JBL WINNER & STILL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: BATISTA RATING: 3
PPV RATING (41/80) = 51
OVERALL, GREAT AMERICAN BASH 2005 RECIEVED A (D) GRADE, MEANING IT WAS MEDIOCRE AND DISSAPOINTING. SOUNDS LIKE A LOW GRADE, RIGHT? WELL I CANT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I THOUGHT IT FAILED BEFORE I COUNTED THE SCORE. VERY MEDIOCRE SMACKDOWN PAY PER VIEW, AND I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT. HARD TO SPLIT BETWEEN 1 OR 2 STARS, BUT SINCE IT WAS SO CLOSE TO AN F, I HAVE TO SCORE IT THAT WAY."
The Great American Crap
M. Grant | 12/13/2005
(1 out of 5 stars)
"1. MNM VS. Road Warroior Animal & Heidenreich (WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP) Going in, I didn't think this would be a stellar match. However, since it was the match to open up the show, the crowd was pretty hot so they were really into this match and that helped a lot. The wrestling itself was not so good but with the crowd well behind the faces it worked out well. Nice moment after with Animal dedicating the win to Hawk. 1/2*
2. Booker T VS. Christian We've all seen this before. These guys were involved in a long feud for the IC Title on Raw two years earlier. Now they were on the same show again and I guess the writing team were having flash backs. This match was pretty solid but it was nothing you haven't seen before or will remember anytime soon. Booker wins with the scissors kick. **1/2
3. Orlando Jordan VS. Chris Benoit (UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP) I found it both weird and discouraging that there was no feud here at all. Benoit just won a No. 1 Contender's match against Booker T and there was no interaction between Benoit and Jordan until in the Bash. Very strange booking. Anyways, the match itself was not good at all. OJ is not very impressive. He used a lot of restholds which put the crowd right to sleep. He also got no heat whatsoever during his entrance or when he was on offense like you would expect any heel to. All he got was silence. Jordan won with the use of the exposed steel buckle. What a yawner. *1/2
4. Undertaker VS. Muhammad Hassan (NO 1. CONTENDER'S MATCH) This was not really a match. It was more of an angle for the ending of the Hassan character. That's funny considering this is the second year in a row at the Bash that a Taker has killed someone off. Paul Bearer last year and Hassan this year. Funny. Taker won with the chokeslam and then delivered the last ride right to the concrete floor underneath the stage after moving up a part of it. 1/2*
5. BWO VS. Mexicools Nothing exciting. Usual stuff you see on Smackdown all the time. Mexicools won. *
6. Rey Mysterio VS. Eddie Guerrero You had to know coming in that this was going to be your match of the night. It was but they have had better matches like Judgment Day and a match on Smackdown about a month earlier. The wrestling was great as always and there was a lot of drama with Dominick being involved sitting at ringside. This was good and it was the only bright spot on the whole show. Rey wins, meaning that Eddie would have to keep the secret locked away forever...even though he didn't. ***1/2
7. Torrie Wilson VS. Melina (BRA & PANTIES MATCH) Nothing worth mentioning. Melina wins. She is then disrobed after the match by Torrie and Candice (who was special guest referee). All three end up leaving in the undergarments.
8. Batista VS. JBL (WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Yep, that about sums it. This was a MAJOR snoozer. Letting these two guys just wrestle for all those minutes was a bad decision because they both have limitations. The crowd was dead for this and I MEAN DEAD!!! This sucked. JBL wins by DQ. Big Dave proceeds to destroy both JBL and OJ after. *
This was pretty bad. Worse than last year's Bash. This seems to be the time of year in which Undertaker "kills" somebody. All of the matches (except for Guerrero/Mysterio) did nothing to stand out or were just plain bad. The main event was a complete snooze. Don't go out of your to see this. You can do better."