Here's the perfect counterargument for those that still spout the whole "pro wrestling is fake" criticism. It's hard to watch the Hardy Boyz (real-life brothers Matt and Jeff Hardy) and not admire the athleticism that go... more »es into the sport. Matt and Jeff trained themselves as teenagers in Cameron, North Carolina, and quickly made a name for themselves on the indie circuit as high-flying wrestlers willing to try anything. Since 1999, the Hardy Boyz have stunned their growing fan base with a series of aerial assaults, sacrificing their bodies for the sake of entertainment. Leap of Faith features a one-hour documentary capturing the Hardys at home (Matt is portrayed as the quiet one; Jeff is the wild one who builds volcanoes in his front yard), while also charting their rise in the WWF. --Dave McCoy« less
Actor:Hardy Boyz Genres:Television, Sports Sub-Genres:Television, Wrestling Studio:Sony Format:DVD - Color DVD Release Date: 11/06/2001 Original Release Date: 01/01/2001 Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2001 Release Year: 2001 Run Time: 2hr 45min Screens: Color Number of Discs: 1 SwapaDVD Credits: 1 Total Copies: 0 Members Wishing: 0 MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated) Languages:English
"Hardy Boyz: Leap Of Faith follows the life and early careers of Jeff and Matt Hardy. It is one of the best DVD's that the WWE has ever put out. The chapters are as follows.
1. Leap of Faith
2. Similarly Different
3. It All Started...
4. Interest Begins
5. Long Hard Road
7. Tables, Lita, & Chairs
8. No Fear
9. Their Favorites
10. What's Next?
The chapters in this DVD are very good, but the bonus matches is what makes the DVD irrestible. There are a total of six matches.
1. Hardy Boyz (vs) The Acolytes (RAW, July, 5 1999/WWE Tag Team Championship)
This is the match in which the Hardy Boyz became Tag Champs for the first time. It is a decent match, but it is important from a historical standpoint. (7.5/10)
2. Hardy Boyz (vs) Edge & Christian (No Mercy, October 17, 1999/Ladder Match (Finals of the Terri Invitation Tournament)
The Hardy's were actually called The Brood at the time of this match. This is the match in which all four competitors proved themselves as legitamte superstars in the WWE. There are great moves on all sides. This match has one of the best moves of all time as Jeff jumps onto a ladder that is on top of another ladder and catapults it into Matt and Edge's face. Great ending. Great match. (10/10)
3. Hardy Boyz (vs) Edge & Christian (vs) Dudley Boys (Summerslam, August 27, 2000/TLC (WWE Tag Team Championship)
This was the first TLC match in WWE history. I personally think this is the best TLC match out of them all. It was non-stop exciting action from start to finish. There are great bumps taken by all six men and one woman in this match. Bubba Dudley takes the biggest bump of the match as he falls from a ladder to the floor through four tables. The match ended up being match of the year for 2000. (10/10)
4. Hardy Boyz (vs) Edge & Christian (Unforgiven, September 24, 2000/Cage (WWE Tag Team Championship)
This match was not the greatest of matches, but it shows Jeff Hardy at his best. He climbs to the top of the cage and does a Corkscrew Moonsault off the top onto Matt Hardy and Edge. Another great move in this match is the Concierto on the top of the cage to Edge. (8/10)
5. TLC II (Wrestlemania, April 1, 2001/WWE Tag Team Championship)
The same three teams from TLC I were in this match, although there were appearances by Lita, Spike Dudley, and Rhyno. Crazy bumps were taken by all in this match. Bubba and Matt fall off a ladder from the ring to the arena floor through four tables, much like Bubba did at Summerslam. Jeff does a Swanton off a huge ladder on the arena floor onto Spike and Rhyno through two tables! I think TLC I was a better match, but TLC II contained one of the best moves in WWE history. Jeff was swinging from the belt when Edge jumped off the tall ladder and speared Jeff off the belt all the way down to the mat. Amazing. The crowd went crazy. Great match. (10/10)
6. Hardy's & Lita (vs) Triple H, Stone Cold, & Stephanie (RAW, April 9, 2001/Intergender Triple Threat Match)
Not a great match, but it there is a good post match beating. (7/10)
Because of the bonus matches, Leap Of Faith is one of the ten best ever WWE releases. The chapters are good as well. I would recommend this for a regular or moderate WWE fan."
Jeff & Matt Hardy!!!... Team XTreem
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is one of my favorite WWE DVD's. Both the story itself as well as the extras are great. The extras make this DVD especially good. The body of the DVD talks about the Hardy's as they grew up in Cameron, North Carolina. We learn of the death of the Hardy's mother. This DVD shows how hard it is to make it in the wrestling industry. The Hardy's are shown as youngsters wearing costumes they made themselves. One of better parts of the DVD is the way in which they talk about Edge & Christian and The Dudley Boys. The Hardy's talk about the special bond these three share as they competed in some of the most dangerous matches in federation history. My favorite part of this DVD is the extras. For the extras, the Hardy's picked their six favorite matches that they have competed in. I ranked these matches on the star(*) system. They are all based out of five stars.1. HARDY BOYZ (VS) THE ACOLYTES (WWE TAG TITLE)
This was a match from the summer of '99 on RAW. It is a short match, but entertaining. The Hardy's win after Jeff hits Bradshaw with Michael Haynes cane. Matt Hardy covers Bradshaw for the 1-2-3. This was the first reign for the Hardy's as Tag Team Champions. **1/22. HARDY BOYZ (VS) EDGE & CHRISTIAN (TERRI INVITATIONAL TOURNEY/LADDER MATCH)
This was a the final match of the tournament. It took place at No Mercy 1999. A bag with $100,000 hung above the ring. The winner would also get the services of Terri Runnels. This is the match that put the Hardy's and Edge & Christian on the match. There are countless numbers of great spots and bumps in this match. The crowd got so into this match. This is one of my top ten favorite matches of all time. The Hardy Boyz win as Jeff grabs the bag and takes a nasty fall to end the match. *****3. HARDY BOYZ (VS) DUDLEY'S (VS) EDGE & CHRISTIAN (TLC)
This match was for the Tag Titles and it took place at Summerslam 2000. This was another fantastic matches. This match also ranks as one of my top ten favorite matches. There are more amazing bumps in the match. The match itself had great intensity and high drama. Some of the major bumps was Matt Hardy being tipped backwards off the ladder and through a table, Lita getting speared by Edge, Bubba Ray falling off the ladder through 4 tables, and basically everything that Jeff Hardy did. Edge & Christian pull it out at the end to become new champs. Amazing match. *****4. HARDY BOYZ (VS) EDGE & CHRISTIAN (TAG TITLE MATCH)
Decent match. This one took place inside a Steel Cage. The match was boring until the end. Jeff gives Edge and Matt a Corkscrew Moonsault off the top of the cage. The Hardy's win as Jeff and Matt win the titles as they give Edge a Concierto on the top of the cage. ***5. TLC II (TAG TITLE/SAME PARTICIPANTS AS TLC 1)
TLC II took place at Wrestlemania X7. Another fantastic match. I personally don't think it was as good as TLC I, but it was close. Jeff gives a Swanton to Spike and Rhyno off a 20ft painter's ladder through two tables, Bubby Ray and Matt fall of a ladder and crash together through four tables. This match had one of the greates moves of all time. Jeff was swinging from the belt when Edge jumped off a ladder and Speared Jeff Hardy at 20ft in the air. This move is amazing. Edge & Christian take thet titles from the Dudley's with help from Rhyno. *****6. HARDY'S & LITA (VS) STONE COLD, TRIPLE H, & STEPHANIE
I don't really know why this match is on here. Lita pins Stephanie. Too bad this match wasn't replaced with the Triangle Ladder match from Wrestlemania 2000. Oh well. **1/2This is the best non-PPV DVD WWE has released. Everything on this DVD is great. You can't go wrong with any apsects of this DVD."
Team Extreme? Works for me
M. Lewkowicz | Urbana, IL United States | 12/09/2001
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This is definitely a must get for fans of the Hardys, as well as those who enjoy something a bit different than the standard "shill for the fed" tape. In fact, this DVD really lets you into the real personalities of the two Hardys, which are really not that different from what we see on-camera.Of course, there is lots of good footage of their major matches, although for some reason, their Royal Rumble 2000 Table match with the Dudleys is ignored (possibly because it was on the TLC tape--although that doesn't stop them from going over the WM and No Mercy ladder matches). Still, there is a lot of great stuff, including some footage of them even before they had WWF contracts. They talk about how they learned from wrestling many of the stars whenever they would get a shot in the WWF. If you look closely enough, you can even see Jeff Hardy taking a beating from RVD sometime in 97. You also get a hilarious look at some of their home-made promos, and their independent work. But even more important, you really get a nice insight to the guys. Especially interesting is Jeff's obsession with motorbikes, which leads him to create a volcano in his yard, just so he can jump it. The boy is truly insane.And the DVD extras are pretty good as well. They have their first tag title win against the Acolytes, the No Mercy ladder match that made their careers, the Summerslam and WM TLC matches, them winning the tag titles against Edge & Christian in a cage at Unforgiven 2000, and a six person match wth Lita against Austin, HHH and Stephanie.As was suggested below,Ii would have replaced the TLC2 with TLC3, which was a better match, and one that has not been released on video yet, and it would have been nice to feature a singles match from each of the guys, but otherwise, a nice selection.Go get it if you like these guys"
Greatest Tag Team Ever!!!!!!!!!
M. Lewkowicz | 12/27/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The Hardy Boyz in my opinion are the greatest tag team in wwe history. Jeff Hardy is my favorite all time wrestler and Matt ain't close behind. The program is very insipring and entertaining but the extras are the best. Here are the extras in full match order.
1. WWE Tag Team Titles: Hardy Boyz vs. The Acolytes (C): This match was short but it was still very entertaining. Cool moves and the match ends when Jeff hits Bradshaw with Michael Hayes's cane. Pretty good. 8/10
2. Tag Team Ladder Match No Mercy 1999: Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian: This match rules. One of the best Ladder Matches of all time. So much sick stuff pulled out. The ending where Jeff jumps from one ladder to another and hits Edge off is so cool. Also the see-saw move with the two ladders Jeff did was very cool. Amazing match. 10/10
3. Summerslam 2000 TLC Match (TLC 1) Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Edge and Christian: Amazing. Unlike most people, I liked TLC 2 better but this is still awe-inspiring. Bubba falls off a huge painters ladder and crashes through four tables on the outside. Matt falls backwards off a ladder into two tables. Jeff misses a Swanton off a painters ladder and goes through two tables. Amazing. This was so awesome. Must see. 10/10
4. Unforgiven Steel Cage Match Tag Team titles: Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian: Not as good as the TLC's or the Ladder Match, but still a great match. Jeff does an awesome Corkscrew moonsault from the top of the cage on Edge and Matt! (Why'd he hit Matt?)Also, a ladder gets involved towards the end and Lita hurricanrans Christian off of it. Match ends when the Hardyz hit Edge with a cacharito, (a move where two guys each get a steel chair and both hit one guy at once and smash his head) and Edge falls back into the cage. Great match. 9/10
5. Wrestlemania 17 TLC Match (TLC 2): Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian: Unlike most people, I like this match better than TLC 1. The bump Matt and Bubba took off the painters ladder through the four tables was better than than the one Bubba took by himself at Summerslam. If you look closely, at the end of the match, you'll see that that move busted Matts head open. Also, Jeff is hanging from the belts and gets speared from 20 feet in the air off a painters ladder from Edge! When that happened, I stood up and yelled "Holy Sh*t!" Jeff also does his traditional Swanton off a painters ladder through a table. Unlike Summerslam, he was succesful in hitting his oppenent. His victims this time were Spike dudley and Rhyno. Another mazing match. 10/10
6. Hardy Boyz & Lita vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H( The Power Trip), and Stephanie McMahon: I guess the Hardyz were so proud of beating SCSA and HHH that they just had to have this match on here. Really boring. After the match, Austin hits Matt, Jeff, and even Lita with a chair! 5/10
I wish the Traingle Ladder Match from Wrestlemania 2000 and the table match from Royal Rumble 2000 were also on this DVD, but oh well. Awesome DVD. I give it a 10/10 hands down."
An awesome dvd
M. Lewkowicz | 01/27/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"i got this as a gift from a friend last christmas and i absolutly love it. it has extras like the home videos that i love watching, it also has different matches that you can choose from and watch depending on what matches you watch to see over and over again. honestly... from a hardy boyz fan to another, it's a great dvd to own."