Live from Phoenix, AZ on Sunday, May 21st 2006, Smackdown present WWE's Judgment Day 2006. The DVD release just four weeks following the event includes additional interviews, and extras that were not seen during the PPV b... more »roadcast.« less
"WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: 1. Paul London and Bryan Kendrick vs. MNM (C) RATING: 8.5/10 A great tag team match that has you sitting on the edge of your seat. One of the best matches of the night. A great opener.
2. Chris Benoit vs. Finlay RATING: 9/10 I was expecting a good match "and you know what this was an excellent Match." This was a brilliant technical match between the two and match of the night.
3. Hall vs. Melina RATING: Women's Match The same as any women's match.
CRUISEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: 4. Gregory Helms (C) vs. Super Crazy RATING: 7/10 An ok match that could have been better. I was really looking forward for this match too. Did not feel like a cruiserwieght match.
5. Henry vs. Angle RATING: 6.5 /10 Better than there match at the Royal Rumble. The count out ruined it.
KOTR FINAL: 6. Booker T vs. Lashley RATING: 7.5/10 This was a good match that I enjoyed. It could have been better.
7. Undertaker vs. The Great Khali RATING: -0/10 This match sucked big time. Great Khali is a horrible wrestler and should get Fired fast. This match ruined the PPV for me. He made the Under Taker look bad. So just SKIP this match.
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: 8. Rey Mysterio (C) vs. JBL RATING: 8/10 A good main event from Smackdown. I didn't think it was going to be this good.
Overall Judgment Day 2006 was a good PPV from Smack Down. Better than last years PPV. Judgment Day 2006 is worth buying and adding to your WWE collection.
Thank you for reading my review and let me know if it helped you out."
Judgement Day 2006 Review
Castillo | 07/20/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"1) WWE Tag Team Championship MNM (C) vs. Paul London and Brian Kendrick Great tag team match with a lot of high flying moves by London and Kendrick. Winners and new tag team champions: London and Kendrick Match Rating: 8/10
2) Chris Benoit vs. Finlay An excelent match, and in my oppinion, match of the night. Winner: Chris Benoit Match Rating: 9.5/10
3) Jillian Hall vs. Melina Despite being short, it is actually decent. Winner: Jillian Hall Match Rating: 6.5/10
4) Cruiserweight Championship Gregory Helms (C) vs. Supercrazy An average but watchable match Winner and still champion: Gregory Helms Match Rating: 6/10
5) Mark Henry vs. Kurt Angle A Decent match with a countout ending, nothing special Winner: Mark Henry (countout) Match Rating: 5.5/10
6) King of the Ring Finals Bobby Lashley vs. Booker T Could have been a lot better, but decent. Lashley got screwed by Finlay. Winner and the 2006 King of the Ring: Booker T (later re-named King Booker)
7) The Great Khali vs. The Undertaker God did this match suck. Undertaker got DOMINATED and I am not looking forward to the Punjabi Prison match at the Great American Bash. I absolutley HATE Khali. Winner: The Great Khali (obviously) Match Rating: 2/10
8) World Heavyweight Championship Rey Mysterio (C) vs. JBL (US Champion) Great match with JBL dominating most of the match, and then later Rey hits him with the 619 to get the win. Winner and still the champion: Rey Mysterio Match Rating: 9/10"
The Birth Of KING BOOKER & The Death Of MNM In One Show
D.P. | California | 09/04/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"My SmackDown PPV streak continues as this was the fourth SmackDown PPV in a row that was overall a great PPV. In ways, it's ironic that WWE focuses more on RAW but yet, SmackDown PPV's are better quality than the RAW ones in the past year.
WWE Tag Team Champions MNM vs. Brian Kendrick & Paul London - Great tag team match and one of the best ones in WWE in recenty memory. Honestly, I'm not acting like it's the greatest of all time but it's really a great match but unfortunally, it also ended with the breakup of MNM.
Chris Benoit vs. Finlay - This match is a perfect for those who are fans of professional wrestling (not sports entertainment) and gave you a great mat based wrestling match.
Jillian Hall vs. Melina - This was a good womens match & one of the best ones in the past year. Little people know that Melina & Jillian are trained to wrestle so you don't have to expect any of that T&A wrestling that Torrie & Candice or sit through a horrible match like you see with the diva search girls do.
Crusierweight Champion Gregory Helms vs. Super Crazy - Crazy is one of the most underutilized wrestlers in WWE today while you don't see alot of Gregory Helms these days eventhough he's Crusierweight Champion so this was the "sleeper" match of the night as these two put on a great show as Crazy does his lucha style while Helms uses at his mat wrestling. This was one of the matches that proves if WWE was to push this division more than what they normally do now, it clearly has the possibility to overshadow TNA's X Division.
Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry - Just like most Mark Henry matches, it's good if the other wrestler does alot of selling & the match is short. This was no exception as Angle sold his injured ribs while Henry just beat him down. The match result was kinda jip (nobody pays money to see DQ & countout endings) but the attack afterwards made up for it.
King Of The Ring Final: Bobby Lashley vs. Booker T - Both men brought their A game here & put on the best match possible. ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!
Undertaker vs. Great Khali - All I'm gonna say about this is that Taker did his best but Khali just sucks period. It was basically Khali countering all of Taker's offence while getting in a few WEAK punches and kicks here & there. It's watchable & Khali is at least better than Kenzo Suzuki so I've seen worse so I'll give the match some credit.
WWE Champion Rey Mysterio vs. J.B.L. - This match was a step below their match months ago at No Mercy because throughout Mysterio's whole title reign, he was booked as the underdog because of his size instead of being able to hold his own. JBL dominated the match with Mysterio making the big comeback.
DVD extras included a quick backstage confrontation between Chavo & Eddie's widow Vicki Guerrero, an interview with Khali & Davari, and Booker being crowned King Booker on SmackDown!
Again a PPV that I can watch over & over again, recommended."
JUDGEMENT DAY 06
Castillo | 08/01/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: Paul London and Bryan Kendrick vs. MNM (C) RATING: 8/10 PRETTY GOOD MATCH
Chris Benoit vs. Dave Finlay RATING: 9/10 I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS MATCH TO BE THIS GOOD
Hall vs. Melina RATING; 7/10 AN OK MATCH
CRUSERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Gregory Helms (C) vs. Super Crazy RATING: 5/10 NOT THAT GREAT PRETTY SLOW MATCH
Henry vs. Angle RATING: 7.5/10 PRETTY GOOD BETTER THAN THEIR ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
KOTR FINAL: Booker T vs. Lashley RATING: 7.5/10 PRETTY GOOD
Undertaker vs. The Great Khali RATING: SKIP Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Rey Mysterio (C) vs. JBL RATING: 8/10 GOOD MATCH WHAT WOULD OF MADE THIS MATCH IS IF JBL WON"
Shockingly great show!
Castillo | 07/03/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Going in, I was expecting a decent show, I was blown away! One of the better WWE PPVs so far in 2006.
1) Paul London and Bryan Kendrick vs. MNM A very good start to the show. London and Kendrick win. One of the better matches of the night. 8/10
2) Chris Benoit vs. Dave Finlay Outstanding. This is as good of a technical match as you will see in the WWE. The match was slow paced, and well thought out. 9.5/10
3) Hall vs. Melina Decent for what it was. 6/10
4) Gregory Helms vs. Super Crazy Good Cruiser match, not as good as it could've been, but it wasn't bad. 7.5/10
5) Henry vs. Angle Shockingly decent. Mark Henry is plain awful, and he has no talent whatsoever, but this was actually somewhat good. Way better than their fiasco at the Royal Rumble 7/10
6) Booker T vs. Lashley Solid match. Lashley dragged Booker down, but not enough to take away from the match. I was surprised (in a good way) that Booker went over. 8/10
7)Undertaker vs. The Great Khali Urgh, just plain awful. Remember Taker vs. Giant Gonzoles from Wrestlemania 9? This is only slightly better. 2/10
8) Rey Mysterio vs. JBL Very good match. After a terrible Taker vs. Khali match, they needed something good. JBL is really growing on me. I may be wrong, but I believe this is the first time in his career that Rey has used the blade. 8.5/10