"On September 18, 2005 w/the success of VENGEANCE 2005 this is another AWESOME RAW PPV from 2005
WWE Unforgiven was AWESOME and this was better than all of the other Unforgiven PPV's that I have ever seen.
I mean you had 8 Matches, 3 Championship Matches, 2 Tag Team Matches, lot of Grudge Matches, and you even had that Unforgiving Steel Cage Match, plus for the 1st time ever you had the LIVE PPV @ the Ford Center in Jim Ross's Hometown of Oklahoma City, OK, I mean what more could you ask for.
and now, here are my thoughts:
Ric Flair vs. Carlito for the WWE Intercontinental Championship-This was an AWESOME way to start the show w/Flair winning the I-C Gold for the very 1st time, and becoming the oldest I-C Champion and the oldest Triple Crown Winner in WWE History.
DIVA Tag Action Trish & Ashley vs. Victoria & Torrie w/Candice-This was a pretty good match, Victoria looking very sexy and strong and she put a good hurtin' on Ashley, but Trish gets the win for her team w/the Chick Kick, Trish still remains undefeated @ Unforgiven w/a 4-0 record, but what's up w/Torrie bailing on her partner? I don't understand that.
Big Show vs. Snitsky-Big Grudge Match-Another great grueling match, but @ the end Big Show wins w/the chokeslam and hitting Snitsky over the head w/the ring bell for payback, WOW!
Shelton Banjamin vs. Kerwin White (Chavo Guerrero)-2 former SD! WWE Tag Team Champions, they've faced each other before in Tag Team Matches, but this was 1-on-1, Shelton picks up an easy win w/the T-Bone Suplex, another win for the 3x I-C Champ.
Matt Hardy vs. Edge w/Lita-Steel Cage Grudge Match-Of course me being a Cage Match Fanatic, This my friends is what stole the show, I mean Edge & Hardy FINALLY settled their differences in the Cage, w/Hardy giving Lita the Twist of Fate, he also gave Edge the biggest Leg Drop off the Top of the Cage and got the V for Victory, I give this match 5 Stars.
Cade & Murdoch vs. Hurricane Helms and Rosey-RAW World Tag Team Titles-a pretty good match, but @ the end the 2 Cowboys picks up the win.
HBK Shawn Michaels vs. The Masterpiece Chris Masters-Special Challenge Match-HBK proved that he is INDEED The Showstopper, Masters gave him a great match, but @ the end it was the Sweet Chin Music that got HBK the victory, another BIG win by the 3x WWE Triple Crown Winner HBK.
John Cena vs. Kurt Angle-WWE Championship-These 2 put on one heck of a performance, but the ending was kind of premature w/a DQ on Cena, but Bischoff and Angle suffered the FU from Cena, and a good way to end the show.
Also Ric Flair partied All Night w/the ladies in his Limousine and Lilian Garcia the woman w/a beautiful singing voice, introduced the legendary ZZ TOP, prior to the Big Show/Snitsky Match.
also there were a couple of extras on the DVD, one has Maria Interviewing ZZ Top and it was a short one, and ZZ TOP said to Maria that "Everybody's crazy about a sharped dressed girl". That was so cute when Maria smiled.
and another extra one there was the Wild West 8-Man Tag Team from RAW the night after Unforgiven John Cena, Big Show, HBK, and Matt Hardy vs. Kurt Angle, Snitsky, The Masterpiece, and Edge, it was an awesome match, but @ the end it was Big Show dominating the match and hitting the Choke Slam on Edge and everyone did a Gang Pile for the 3-Count, a nice photo finsh.
This is an AWESOME DVD and if you didn't see it, then I strongly recommend that you get this DVD, you are going to love it, and the theme to UNFORGIVEN Calling by Taproot is an awesome song, and just so it happens that I have both the Unforgiven DVD and the Taproot CD Blue Sky Research.
Vengeance 2005, Unforgiven 2005, and Taboo Tuesday 2005 are truly Must Haves for your DVD collection, they are awesome."
WWE Unforgiven 2005
Brendan | 07/02/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"1. Intercontinental Title Match: Carlito (c) vs. Ric Flair Good way to start the show, these two big personalities collide in a very entertaining match. Flair proves that he can still have good matches and win titles at his age, and the crowd really gets behind him. Also, Flair finally hits a move off the tope rope! The crowd goes nuts for that. Overall a good opener, gets the crowd very excited for the show. 7/10
2. Trish Stratus & Ashley Massaro vs. Torrie Wilson & Victoria Standard women's tag match, skip this, it isn't worth your time. 4/10
3. Big Show vs. Snitsky Going into this, I thought this would be painfully boring. It isn't as slow as I imagined, but it is quite obvious that Big Show carries the entire match. Snitsky is an absolutely horrendous wrestler, but Big Show does a pretty good job making up for it, and he actually makes this one relatively entertaining. Worth a watch, but I wouldn't go back to this one. 5.5/10
4. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kerwin White Kerwin White is Chavo Guerrero's attempt at a "typical middle class white man" gimmick. While hilariously awful, it limits Chavo somewhat and doesn't allow him to have the good match that him and Shelton should have had. This match isn't bad, but not much happens here, and Shelton picks up the easy win. Take a look at this one once, if just to see Chavo drive a golf cart to the ring, wearing a sweater with bleached blonde hair. 5/10
5. Steel Cage Match: Matt Hardy vs. Edge Finally, these two get the time and the stipulation that allows them to truly shine. This match is a classic Steel Cage match, and after a poor confrontation at Summerslam, this is quite welcome. This fued was dying for a brutal stipulation, and thats what the Steel Cage provided. Not only does this match have great, breathtaking spots, but its also very well wrestled. Matt Hardy and Edge both prove here that they are deserving of the 20 or so minutes that they are given, and they truly make the best of them. The crowd is on their feet nearly the entire time, cheering on these two for wonderful performances, and rightfully so. This is just an excellent match, with a fantastic ending that I won't spoil. 9.25/10
6. World Tag Team Championship Match: The Hurricane & Rosey (c) vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch This is rather boring, as neither team is anything special in the ring. The match is uneventful to say the least, and isn't worth your time, other then the one spot where Trevor Murdoch DDT's Hurricane off of the ring apron straight onto the ringside floor. I spoiled that spot for you, simply because you shouldn't have to watch the rest of the match waiting for it. Overall, this is lame and unexciting, skip if you've already seen the viscious DDT. 4/10
7. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters I was fairly suprised by this, but then I remembered that HBK was in this one for a reason. The Showstopper and the Masterpiece have a good, back and forth match here. Shawn makes Masters look pretty good, and puts on yet another great performance himself. They gave this one just the right amount of time, and this match has an excellent pace. Great ending to a good match, don't pass this up. 7.5/10
8. WWE Championship Match: John Cena (c) vs. Kurt Angle Angle and Cena have had many matches, but this just may be their best. These two bring a great amount of intensity to the table in this one, and make the whole atmosphere very exciting. They really work well together, and put on a great title bout. Other then the ending, this match is probably one of Cena's best matches in the WWE to date. Both men put on great performances on this one, and make this one a great match other then the DQ ending. Of course, the ref ringing the bell doesn't stop these two from fighting, because they continue until one of them ends up through an announce table (I won't spoil it for you, watch what happens). Overall, a very good match with a slightly annoying finish. 8.5/10
Unforgiven 2005 is yet another great single brand PPV from 2005, as most matches deliver. Some are lackluster, but the uppercard is solid. There are four good matches that make this worth your time.
Match of the Night: The Steel Cage match: Matt Hardy vs. Edge. These two have a very brutal and very entertaining match, with excellent pacing and wonderful spots, as well as good wrestling. This is everything you could have asked for from these two, and they put on a great show. Don't miss this, this is one of the better matches of the year."
THIS IS THE PPV OF THE YEAR!
Jake | 12/09/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I love this ppv so much. It had great matches. IC Champ Carlito vs. Ric Flair- Good opener, it's good to see Flair as a Babyface again. Plus it's really great to see Flair become the IC champ. This match shouldn't have been an opener, it should have happened later that night. But still a good match. Winner and new IC Champ- Ric Flair Divas Tag Match: Trish & Ashley vs. Torrie & Victoria- Pretty good for a divas match. Wow Ashley sure can wrestle. - Winners Trish and Ashley. Big Show vs. Snitsky- This was a funny match. I liked it when Snitsky suplexes the Big Show. Show gets his revenge by hitting Snitsky with the ring Bell. Winner- Big Show Shelton Benjamin vs. Kerwin White- This match turned up better then I thought. That whole K-white gimmick was pretty bad for Chovo.- Winner- Shelton Benjamin Steel Cage- Matt Hardy vs. Edge- BEST MATCH OF THE NIGHT. This had a great story between Hardy, Edge and Lita. Edge bleed like hell. The best part is when Hardy did the leg drop off the cage. This story should have went on longer. This was the one of the best bouts on RAW next to HHH and HBK. Winner- Matt Hardy Tag Champs- The Super Heros vs. The Cowboys- This was a boring match to me. It was more of a handicap with Rosey getting his ass kicked. Winners and New Champs- The Cowboys Shawn Micheals vs. Chris Masters- This was the 2nd best match. Finally, Masters wrestles some real wrestlers. It was funny to see how Shawn Micheals survived the Master lock. Winner- Shawn Micheals WWE Champ John Cena vs. Kurt Angle- I don't know why everyone hates Cena. Every time someone becomes WWE champ, everyone hates that champ. Like everyone wanted to see JBL lose the title and he did to Cena, now everyone hates Cena. Now the match was great. It would have been better if Cena didn't get DQ. It was great to see him give an FU to Angle and Bishoff. Winner by DQ- Kurt Angle (Cena retains) This PPV was the "PPV OF THE YEAR"."
Better than expected
George Wellington | Dundee,Scotland | 10/22/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I never thought that this pay per view was going to be bad but it did exceed my expectations and became something I would highly reccomend.
IC championship Ric Flair Vs Carlito(Champ)
6/10 Not a bad opener but I think the wrong person won.
N/A I'm not going to rate this match as I did not watch it. I'm sorry but in my opinion divas are the main problem with WWE today. I do not pay good money to watch talentless bimbos get a cheap pop.
Big Show Vs Snitsky
7/10 Surprise of the night as this one turns out to be better than expected. A good spot involving Snitsky and a Back suplex(that looked sore) and an interesting aftermath involving a bell.
Kerwin White Vs Shelton Benjamin
7/10 Great match between two class wrestlers. I must be the only person in the world who likes the Kerwin White gimmick. If everybody just played themselves wrestling would be dull. I'm going to knock a point of though because in the middle of the match Kerwin starts to work on benjamins leg. While this makes sense for him to do it isn't very good for a fan because it means we don't get to see any cool high-flying moves.
Steel cage match Matt Hardy vs Edge
10/10 Match of the night as far as I'm concerned. This was brutal. It also had everything you could ask for. Wrestling,Brawling,high flying,weapons.
World tag team championship Cade and Murdoch Vs Hurricane and Rosey(Champs)
7/10 Another very good (but short match). A sick bump on the head to Hurricane(Which had me turning my head). Some good double teaming by Cade and Murdoch and Rosey does quite well on his own whilst Hurricane is decapitised.
Shawn Michaels Vs Chris Masters
8/10 Cynics of Masters have finally been silenced as he shows that he can get it done in the ring. Of course it helps when Michaels is your opponent.
WWE Championship Kurt Angle Vs John Cena(Champ)
7/10 Hate to be harsh on this match as I am a big fan of Kurt Angle but Cena once again proves who terrible he is in the ring. Angle once again had to carry him through the match. it was the same old Cena match. Angle does all the wrestling then Cena makes a comeback at the end and does the few moves he knows how to do. 7 points for Angles great job but Cena was plain pathetic. "
UNFORGIVEN NOT TNA.
Alicia Sheen | washington,dc | 08/23/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"MAN I GOTTA SAY YOU PEOPLE WONT STOP TYPING STUPID TNA STUFF. WHOS CARES ABOUT TNA.THIS IS WWE UNFORGIVEN. MATCHES.MAYBE HBK VS CHRIS MASTERS.MAN I HOPE IT HAPPENS.I HOPE ITS A AN ICON VS MASTERPIECE MATCH.AT UN FORGIVEN. KURT ANGLE VS JOHN CENA. BOTH TIMES THEY FUGHT WAS GOOD .SHOULD BE A GOOD MAIN EVENT .AND I HOPE ANGLE WINS.I WANNA SEE CENA GETS SOME CREDIT FOR FIGHTING FOR HIS TITE.AND BECOMES LIKE 2-TIME WWE CHAMPION.MAYBE ASHLY VS TORRIE AND CANDICE. I NOW THAT TORRIE CAN FIGHT ALITTLE ,BUT I HOPE ASHLEY IS TALENTED LIKE VICTORIA/MAYBE A TAG TEAM MATCH. ASHLEY AND VICTORIA VS TORRIE AND CANDICE. .ALSO A MATT HARDY VS EDGE.LIKE A STEEL CAGE MATCH .OR HARDCORE OR SOMETHING TO MAKE IT LAST LONG.NOT LIKE THE SUMMERSLAM MATCH. I HOPE IT WILL HAPPEN.STUFF CHNGES NOWAYDAYS.I HOPE MATT WINS AND EDGES GETS A REMATCH AT SURVVOR SERIES.MAKE IT FOR INTERCONTINETAL TITLE..OR SOMETHING. AND MAYBE CARLITO VS RIC FLair .i hope this ppv SUCEEDS BETTER THAN THE SUMMERSLAM PPV.I HOPE THIS IS AWESOME.AND PUT SOME Tag team matches.last tag team match on a raw ppv was backlsah. .come on. this is still goin to be good. lets go wwe raw"