2nd set for 1967
Deborah MacGillivray | US & UK | 10/11/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Second set of 1967 - again are the Avengers at their best.
1) "The Living Dead" - "Steed finds a mine of information - and Emma goes underground". Steed and Emma find rumour of ghosts abound around an ancient chapel, leading the pair to underground plot to take over Britain
2) "The Hidden Tiger" - "Steed hunts a big cat - and Emma gets badly scratched". In this episode, Steed and Emma are looking to people being killed and all signs show they are being killed by a tiger stalking the British country side. Look for Gabrielle Drake in this episode (the head purple wigged Moon base gal from UFO!).
3) "The Correct Way to Kill" "Steed changes partners - and Emma joins the Enemy" has more than one Steed dashing about, as John and Emma try to end a ring selling British top secrets.
4) "Never, Never Say Die" "Steed meets a dead man - Emma fights the corpse" A man determined to steal the patent on eternal life has Emma and Steed running in circles and seeing the dead.
5) "EPIC" - "Steed catches a falling star - and Emma makes a movie" has Emma unwittingly starring in a movie called "The Destruction of Emma Peel". A premise John feels is not up to "snuff".
6) "The Superlative Seven" - "Steed flies to nowhere and Emma does her party piece" A really fun episode has the great Donald Sutherland as a mysterious host, ala Ten Little Indian. All the guests are the best at what they do, invited by someone unknown to them. Lured aboard a plane and set down on a tiny island, they must fight to save their lives. Emma is determined to find Steed before it's too late. Also, look for a young Charlotte Rampling in this send up of the Magnificent Seven.
All great episodes of the series at it's peak.
Emma Peel In All Her Glory!
Emma M. Coccari | KY USA | 01/23/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This was a last minute Christmas present for an Emma Peel/Avengers fan & she LOVED IT! Exceptional video quality allows us to relive the wittiest (& best) Avengers duo once again- I wasn't named after 'Emma Peel' but secretly wished I had been- she was the epitome of the smart & sexy woman! This great collection will have you ordering more of the series!"