Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: I don't use Outlook Express, could someone tell me the contact email??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
patticom (Patricia F.)

Subject: I don't use Outlook Express, could someone tell me the contact email??
Date Posted: 5/26/2014 8:00 AM ET

We used to be active swap-a-dvd users when we lived overseas (at a military APO), but since returning to the States 4 years ago we are finding ourselves using it hardly at all.  I've been debating for over a year now about closing it, and with this latest change it seems as good a time as any (though I am not upset about it, really--if we still used the site a lot it would be well worth the small exchange fee!). 

Unfortunately, when I search the help docs for "how to close my account" it tells me to send them an email, and provides a link that tries to take me directly to MS outlook.  I don't use outlook, and have no intention of installing it, but I can't find a way to just get the email and nothing else!!  Please, can anyone help and just post the necessary email here or bmail it to me??

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 5/26/2014 8:20 AM ET

Send email to Team@swapadvd.com with the subject line "Please close my account"

It isn't actually the swapadvd site that is specifying Outlook.  The button is just a common "mailto:" html link.  Your broswer's preferences likely have Outlook specified as the application to use for document type "mailto".  My guess is that you are using Internet Explorer; you can change the setting with Tools->Internet Options->Programs->Internet programs (Set programs).  Scroll down past all the file extensions starting with "." and you should find a "MAILTO" option.  Select MAILTO and press the (Change program...) button.

Last Edited on: 5/26/14 8:32 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
patticom (Patricia F.)

Date Posted: 5/26/2014 8:34 AM ET

Thanks so much, Bret, that's very helpful (though I'm actually on Firefox)!!  :-D

Last Edited on: 5/26/14 8:35 AM EST - Total times edited: 1