If a DVD you requested does not arrive by the 21st day after it was marked mailed, it will be declared Lost in the Mail at SwapaDVD. The requestor does not mark the DVD Lost; the system does this.
The requestor will get his credit back, and the next available copy of the DVD will be requested for you. If the DVD was a Wish List DVD when it was requested before, the requestor will go back to his/her original position in line for the DVD (this is usually the 1st position).
- However, this does not mean that the DVD is definitely lost. Sometimes it is merely delayed en route. If you believe this is the case, you should click the 'Hold' checkbox by the DVD on your Wish List until you are fairly sure the first DVD will not arrive.
- If the DVD arrives after it has been declared Lost, the requestor must mark it received from the Transaction Archive.
- At this time, the credit will be taken back from the requestor's account
What you should do if a DVD you requested is declared Lost in the Mail:
- Contact the sender, to find out if mailing was delayed for some reason.
- you can do this from your Transaction Archive, using the PM button on this Lost transaction in that list.
- If the mailing was not delayed, the sender should call 800-ASK-USPS or go to https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mailthft/mlntrcvd.htm (the Postal Inspection Service's website) and input the information online there . This will help USPS try to recover the DVD if it truly has been lost in the mail.
- Don't re-request the DVD for at least 2 weeks, unless you are willing to run the risk of getting two copies (and paying a credit for both).
If you are having a lot of DVDs declared "Lost" en route to you:
- You should investigate this. Excessive unreceived DVDs may jeopardize your membership.
- Numerous DVDs sent separately but not arriving at your address implies that something is wrong with your mail delivery.
- Check your address in your account settings, to be sure that it is correct.
- Talk to your PO and mail carrier to see if your mail is being misdelivered to a neighbor.
A DVD I sent is lost in the mail!
I received a DVD that was 'lost in the mail'
I received an empty case (or empty wrapper)--no DVD (no disc) inside!