Generally, two dollars and some change.
The SwapaDVD system will calculate your postage for you, based on the weight of the packaged DVD as estimated in the database. The correct postal class (First Class or Media Mail rate) will print out on the wrapper.
- First Class Mail is the best rate to use to send packages weighing under 5 ounces. The average DVD (in its case, packaged) will weigh between 4 and 5 ounces, so First-Class mailing rate should be the most common option used.
- First Class postage rates are discounted if you use SwapaDVD Printed Postage!
- The cost for a package between 4 and 5 ounces is $2.68 First Class rate ($2.09 with PP).
- But you can send up to an 8-ounce package by First Class if you use Printable Postage (the First Class cost with Printable Postage is only $2.59, compared to $3.22 without printable postage).
- All packages over 5 ounces without SwapaDVD Printed Postage should be sent Media Mail rate. Media Mail rates vary by pound (not ounces). Packages up to 1 pound will cost $2.69 to mail by Media Mail rate.
Here's a table of Current Postal Rates
DVDs need to be mailed in their original cases; the weight of the case (and packaging) is included in the database estimate. You will see the database estimate of the packaged DVD on the Wrapper Settings page when you go to print the address to send a DVD.
You should check your package weight and adjust the estimate on the Wrapper Settings page, to be sure that the postage is correct. This is especially important if you use Printed Postage, since there are no refunds for printed postage once the wrapper has been printed.
See Current Postal Rates
Which DVDs can be posted on this site?
Is it OK to reuse uncanceled postage stamps?
What is SwapaDVD Money?
I received a DVD postage-due!