Currently, two dollars and some change.
The SwapaDVD system will calculate your postage for you, based on the weight of the packaged DVD as estimated in the database. The correct (least expensive) postal class for that shipment's weight (First Class or Media Mail rate) will print out on the wrapper. Please note that using SwapaDVD Printable Postage comes with a big discount for First Class, so you can send less expensively with First Class if you use SwapaDVD Printable Postage!
- First Class Mail is the best rate to use to send packages weighing under 8 ounces. The average DVD (in its case, packaged) will weigh between 4 and 5 ounces. The "cutoff" for Media Mail/First Class mailing is 4 ounces, so some one or two-disc movies will go First-Class mailing rate and some will go Media Mail. To save postage and always get First Class postage for your (one or two-disc) movies, use SwapaDVD Printable Postage!
- First Class postage rates are discounted if you use SwapaDVD Printed Postage! see the rates in red below.
- The cost for a package between 4 and 5 ounces is $2.85 First Class rate ($2.77 with PP).
- But you can send up to an 8-ounce package by First Class if you use Printable Postage (the First Class cost to send an 8 ounce package with Printable Postage is only $2.77, compared to $3.39 without printable postage).
- For all packages up to 4 ounces with or without SwapaDVD Printed Postage, the SwapaDVD Wrapper will print with First Class postage.
- For all packages over 4 ounces being sent without SwapaDVD Printed Postage, the SwapaDVD Wrapper will print Media Mail suggested postage. Media Mail rates vary by pound (not ounces). Packages up to 1 pound currently cost $2.63 to mail by Media Mail rate.
- For all packages up to 8 ounces WITH SwapaDVD Printed Postage, the SwapaDVD Wrapper will print with First Class postage.
Here's a table of Current Postal Rates
DVDs need to be mailed in their original cases; the weight of the case (and packaging) is included in the database estimate. You will see the database estimate of the packaged DVD on the Wrapper Settings page when you go to print the address to send a DVD.
You should check your package weight and adjust the estimate on the Wrapper Settings page, to be sure that the postage is correct. This is especially important if you use Printed Postage, since there are no refunds for printed postage once the wrapper has been printed.
See Current Postal Rates
Which DVDs can be posted on this site?
Is it OK to reuse uncanceled postage stamps?
What is SwapaDVD Money?
I received a DVD postage-due!