Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|BUTTERFLY ON A WHEEL |
Pierce Brosnan and Maria Bello star in this tense thriller about a couple whose daughter goes missing. Bello plays the grieving mother alongside Gerard Butler. Brosnan appears as a mysterious gunman who tortures his victim... more »
Member Movie Reviews
Mary L. (marymix) from NANTUCKET, MA
Reviewed on 7/11/2010...
Also released as "Shattered" on DVD. This is a fast-paced thriller with a great twist at the end.
This was a very silly film
Lemas Mitchell | Chengdu, Sichuan (China) | 01/31/2009
(1 out of 5 stars)
"Short Attention Summary Span:
1. A husband and wife are the ideal couple, with husband working at a big company doing something or another.
2. One day, out of the blue (or so it seems) a guy comes along and kidnaps the daughter of the husband and wife and takes the husband and wife for a ride-- during which he forces them to do his bidding.
3. The Bad Man and the couple spend a lot of time together, with his forcing them to do progressively more humiliating things.
4. Eventually, it reaches a head when it comes out that the husband is having an affair with another woman-- who happens to be the wife of the Bad Man.
5. In the end, it comes out that the whole kidnapping was staged by the wife so that the husband could know what it felt like to lose everything.
1. Pierce Brosnan looked extremely silly in this role. Maybe I've seen him in too many 007 movies, but believing him in this role was a real stretch.
2. Can a person really believe that a wife would go through all of this to make a point to her husband?
3. Can a plan like the one executed in this film really have gone off without a hitch? Even though there were SO many people that could have foiled it? Police everywhere. Banks with panic buttons all over the place.
4. The suspense was waaaaayy too drawn out. When you stop to reconsider the movie, the plot was actually pretty thin. Do you mean to tell me that this was turned into a whole movie?
5. The Bad Man gives the husband a gun (to shoot the victim) and the husband doesn't have sense enough to turn it on the Bad Man (who did not have a gun drawn at that time)?
6. What was going on with the quote: "Butterfly on a Wheel"? This was just a bit too esoteric for me-- and likely everyone else in the world.
Save your money. This is not even worth a rental."
Jim Martin | Gatesville , Tx | 01/03/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Hey folks, if you own the dvd Shattered with these stars, you already have it.
What is the point in reissuing a movie in the blu-ray format and changing the title.
It's not really a new movie, so why the heavy price tag?"