Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Baby's First Sounds Discoveries for Little Ears|
Actor: Baby Einstein
Genres: Kids & Family, Animation
Perhaps the sweetest sounds you'll ever hear are the babbles and coos that one day become ma-ma, da-da and I love you. Besides being music to your ears, these baby steps of language change everything as your little one dis... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Golden Lover | 03/18/2008
(1 out of 5 stars)
"I couldn't wait to get this after reading the description. My son is just starting to talk and I thought the ba-ba-ball and other words they had in the description would be perfect to advance his communication skills. The dvd is nothing like the description. It spends way too much time on foreign languages and not enough time on baby's first sounds! Like the other reviewer said, your child won't learn anything from this...except sheer boredom! My son has no desire to watch it and he loves almost all the other Baby Einstein dvds. It really makes me wonder if they had a children's focus group watch this! Big disappointment to us, especially coming from Baby Einstein/Disney!"
Not Enough English
Serenity's Mom | South Carolina | 03/13/2008
(2 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD will not teach your child much. It has about 5-10 mins of each lang. listed on the dvd case. My daugther will watch the english part then she pays the rest no attention."
Give this one a try!
DBop | Albuquerque | 08/12/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD is my son's favorite. He's been watching it since he was about 6 months old, and he's now 16 months. This is digital board book, so the more that you watch it with your child, the more he/she will get out it.
What I like...
1. The quality of the DVD is wonderful. The animation and the pictures are vivid and colorful. It's extremely engaging for little ones.
2. The basic sounds are simple enough that my son can imitate them.
3. The puppets (especially the little lambs and the bumblebee) really help draw the child in. My son jumps for joy whenever the bumble bee comes on screen. (In the tradition of Baby Einstein, the bumble-bee is the host, so you'll see her often.) The little bee makes sounds like she is talking right to the baby. So, my little one talks right back.
4. There is a huge variety of animals (dogs, ducks, turtles, lambs, and hippos, just to name a few).
5. The music is excellent and very soothing. Its perfect for night time since it doesn't get him all worked up.
6. The beginning of the DVD has lots of little kids from all over the world saying "hello" in their various languages. My son waves to them all. Now that I've seen it a couple of times, I say hello back while he waves to the children. I don't speak any languages fluently, so it's a language lesson for me.
At the end of the DVD, you'll hear goodbye in multiple languages as well. I think its great to hear the different sounds that you'll never hear in English, and I firmly believe that when children are exposed to these sounds when they are young, they'll pick up languages faster later on. Having spent a lot of time with multi-lingual small children, I think that kids don't get as confused as we adults do.
7. It's a great intro to phonics.
8. I absolutely love how it reinforces the idea of a loving family. You'll see moms with babies, dads with babies, and moms and dads together.
What would I change?
You'll hear Twinkle Twinkle Little Star about 4 times during the video in various languages. Twice is good, but 4 times? But it doesn't seem to bother my son, so I'm not too worried about it.
Overall, I think this a great DVD. I look at it this way. My son now points to his arm when the lady on the DVD says, "ah...ah... arm." My husband and I never taught him that. If I wanted a DVD to teach my son English words, any DVD can do that. Besides, I think my child will have no problems picking up English in our household. Because this DVD is meant to get them to DISCOVER SOUNDS of all kinds, I think Baby Einstein accomplishes this task.
Terrible- Don't buy this dvd
Toni Bautista | Cicero, IL | 10/02/2008
(1 out of 5 stars)
"It spends way too much time on foreign languages and not enough time on baby's first sounds. If you are going to do foreign languages, make sure to have a seperate track option. Keep english to english track, spanish to spanish, chinese to chinese track. Do not put them all together!!!"