Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
He can still outsing the young ones
William J. Meehan Jr. | st paul minnesota usa | 01/31/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is a fantastic show. Cliff's voice sounds as good today as it did 20 years ago. And he can still dance like a young guy. The band is great, the sound is clear and his choice of material covers his entire career including one track (Born to Rock & Roll) from the musical "Time". There is also an informative interview with Cliff after the show, plus footage of preparations necessary to bring a rock concert on the road & across the seas. Great, Great entertainment from the best!!!"
49 years and still going strong.
Keith Wilfort | Hawthorne, CA | 07/29/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"What can you say about Cliff Richard, that hasn't been said before. Although he never had the success he deserved in the US. His track record in Britain, Europe, Australia and the Far East is outstanding. His first hit single was in 1958 and originally billed as the "English Elvis" he has outasted the KIng, The Beatles and seen contemporaries come and go over the last five decades. This concert DVD from his 2003 tour captures the essence that is Cliff as he performs some of his many hits from across his career."
Great Concert, BUT...
Zvi Szafran | Marietta, Georgia | 10/30/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"As the other reviewers note, this is an excellent concert and Cliff Richard is in fine form.
There's a big but, though. The American release of this concert (Region 1, and it says "As Seen on Public TV") doesn't have the whole concert on it, and has the cuts out of order. All cuts (and in order) are available on the British version of this, which is a Region 0, PAL disc. Many US DVD players will play it, so if you want the whole concert, you want the British DVD. Here are the tracks on each, so that you can make the comparison. The first number is on the British disc, the track number in parentheses is on the US:
1. We Don't Talk Anymore (1 on US)
2. Move It (2)
3. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World (3)
4. Right Here Waiting For You (14)
5. What's Love Got to Do With It (Not on US disc)
6. Let Me Be The One (15)
7. All Shook Up (16)
8. Moon River (Not on US disc)
9. Like Strangers (Not on US disc)
10. I Honestly Love You (17)
11. Some People (18)
12. Girl You'll Be a Woman Soon (19)
13. She's A Gypsy (Not on US disc)
14. Dreamin' (4)
15. Born to Rock 'N' Roll (5)
16. D in Love (6)
17. Claudette (7)
18. Medley: Gee Whiz It's You/I Could Easily Fall in Love With You (20)
19. Elvis Medley: Too Much/Don't Be Cruel (9)
20. The Young Ones (Not on US disc)
21. Medley: Devil Woman/Green Light/Carrie (8)
22. Angel (Not on US disc)
23. Be Bop A Lula (10)
24. No Particular Place to Go (11)
25. Doo Wop Medley: Come Go with Me/Dream Lover/Since I Don't Have You (12)
26. Lay All Your Love On Me (Not on US disc)
27. Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' On (13)
28. Christmas Medley: Mistletoe and Wine/We Should Be Together/Saviour's Day (Not on US disc)
29. The Millennium Prayer (Not on US disc)
Strangely enough, there is one cut on the American disc that isn't on the British Disc: The Day that I Stop Loving You (21). This cut isn't from the concert at all, but from some other performance. The American disc also has a PBS interview.
Both are out of print in the US and expensive at this moment, but can often be found on eBay."
Cliff Richard The World Tour
J. Moey | New York, NY USA | 02/07/2007
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Many good songs and good performance by Cliff but audio is only Dolby stereo. No Dolby 5.1 or DTS. My rating for video quality is 4 out of 10 on my 50" HDTV.