Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Finally, A Dance DVD Compilation!
Scott Tsukamoto | Henderson, NV USA | 11/18/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"After quite a wait Radikal Records finally released their highly anticipated Dance Hits USA on DVD. Featuring 15 music videos, 2 DVD trailers, an interview with Voodoo & Serano, and some advertisements for other Radikal CD's, and Radikal artist links. Here's a review of the fifteen videos:* 01 Galleon - So I Begin - 3:58 - 7/10 - featuring a hot girl, in sultry poses, and a male vocalist (not present in the video) singing with a Cher singing style this video is alright. But could've been a lot better. The song appears on the upcoming album by Galleon called "So I Begin". The video and the song can both be found on the CD Maxi Single.
* 02 ATB - I Don't Wanna Stop - 3:39 - 8/10 - possibly the best ATB music video released as of yet. The score would've been a nine, except this video is also featured on the Radikal released "Addicted To Music" which is ATB's first DVD. The song can also be found on the album of the same name.
* 03 Sinead O'Connor - Troy - 3:58 - 7/10 - kind of a boring video featuring Sinead in various locations, oh well, at least the song is pretty could thanks to the remix. The video and the song can both be found on the CD Maxi single.
* 04 Mad'House - Holiday - 3:35 - 8/10 - a cover of the Madonna classic. The Mad'House version of the video features Buse on a party cruise ship! Dancing around and having fun. The video and song can be found on the Mad'House CD "Absolutely Mad".
* 05 Daddy DJ - Daddy DJ - 3:50 - 9/10 - a really cool animated video. The song itself is a fun europop song with a great melody. The video fits the song extremely well! The video and the song can both be found on the Daddy DJ CD "Let Your Body Talk" or on the CD Maxi Single.
* 06 Circ - Destroy She Said - 3:40 - 7/10 - a cute video, and the song is pure electro pop. It combines the best elements of the underground electro scene with catchy quirky pop vocals. The song and the video can both be found on the CD Maxi Single.
* 07 Perpetuous Dreamer - Dust.wav - 4:04 - 9/10 - an extremely AWESOME song, the video is alright. But the song! Produced by Armin van Buuren (one of the top trance DJ's) is easily one of my favorite songs!
* 08 Noname - Off - 3:36 - 7/10 - set in Las Vegas (yeah!) This video is about bull-fighting. And a rodeo in general..
* 09 Gouryella - Ligaya - 3:31 - 9/10 - extremely cool high tech video, that really makes you think. Honestly. It's really a shame that most people wont be able to view this captivating video.
* 10 Voodoo & Serano - Overload - 3:30 - the first song by them to feature full vocals doesn't disappoint. Although the video is kind of frightening with all the destruction, but I guess it's what they wanted the video to be like.
* 11 ATB - You're Not Alone - 3:25 - 8/10 - another video from ATB?? While it's awesome, it's nothing you haven't seen before. This video is also featured on ATB's DVD "Addicted To Music". This is kind of cheap on Radikal's part, however it's ATB's second best video, in my opinion.
* 12 Marc Et Claude - Feel You - 3:15 - 8/10 - featuring the vocals from Tony Hadley and some very sensual dancers, this video is definitely made to impress!
* 13 Novaspace - Time After Time - 3:43 - 9/10 - I think this video is pretty cool, because it is exactly how I would've wanted the video to be. It starts out with the singer lying in her bedroom... and later shows her looking through pictures, pretty awesome video!You may have noticed that I said there was fifteen music videos. So why are only thirteen located in the videos review? Well, because two of the videos are located in the "Extras" section of the DVD, along with the two trailers and the Voodoo & Serano interview. Here's a review of the Extra Features:* 01 ATB - DVD Trailer - 1:40 - 7/10 - We've seen this in many shapes and forms, the "I Don't Wanna Stop" CD Maxi, and the album "Addicted To Music" so nothing new here, it's a good preview of his awesome DVD though.
* 02 Schiller - DVD Trailer - 2:02 - 8/10 - Similar in style to the ATB DVD Trailer, but a little bit better. Especially considering that I've never seen this before. I also own the Schiller DVD, but I suppose if you don't own it the DVD Trailer may convince you.
* 03 Schiller feat. Heppner - Dream Of You Video - 4:10 - 8/10 - This is by far my favorite Schiller video, however, this video is also available on the Schiller DVD. So if you have that DVD than there's nothing new here.
* 04 Voodoo & Serano - Box Talk Interviews - 3:03 - 8/10 - Shot at a nightclub performance this cool little interview, give some brief info on the artist, and features some cameo appearance of other DJ's. This interview is more of like a live performance than an interview.
* 05 Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 Video - 3:29 - 7/10 - A now classic music video, set in a infomerical type fashion. Kind of dumb by today's standards though. To finish off the DVD Radikal included the pictures and track listing of some of their more recent artist albums and compilations. They also opted to include links to some official artist websites for some of the videos that they included on the DVD. All in all this DVD is a great package, especially at the bargain price of ten dollars! So you should definitely pick this DVD up... Now!"
Loi Mai | St.Louis, Missouri United States | 09/12/2004
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The songs in here are fairly good. None are supurbe. But there are some song that i just can stand to listen. Like track by perpetuos dreamer- dust. wrv ( good artist bad song), noname - off, mad house - holiday, and sinead o'connor - troy is pretty bad. Fav, song of his entire thing is ATB- i don't wanna stop. and fav vedio is gouryella - ligaya. Amazing vedio. Also most of the vedio in this video are rather bad. Has no meaning or anything, but music are ok. Overall is ok."