Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Dance off the Inches Country Line Dance|
Actor: Amy Blackburn
Director: Andrea Ambandos
Genres: Special Interests, Educational, Exercise & Fitness
Getting Fit Doesn?t Have To Feel Like Work. Anyone can dance off the inches ? we?ve made it easy. Ten moves are all you need to dance this country line dance routine ? and we?ll show you how. No matter what your age or fit... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Excellent video that makes exercising FUN!! Great Instructor
Denise Bourne | 01/13/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Dance Off The Inches: Country Line Dance is an excellent workout DVD that I would highly recommend to anyone! Amy is an outstanding instructor who cues well the entire workout and also keeps you motivated! Line Dancing is a great way to burn calories and have fun at the same time. By the end of the DVD, not only have you learned a fun, new line dance...but you have also burned lots of calories! This DVD can be for all ages and fitness levels. I am a fitness instructor as well and am always looking for something "different" to mix in with the typical aerobics classes you find at the gyms. This DVD is just what I was looking for! I will continue to include this fun exercise DVD in my workout regimen and recommend it to everyone I see! Great job!"
Low impact workout
B. Bushelman | 01/05/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
"This work out is definately a low impact workout. The music is upbeat and only instrumental. The dance steps are easy to learn and fun to dance. I would have prefered music i was familiar with, since dancing country is usually to your favorite country songs. I have been working out at home with other, more high impact DVD's for over a year now, so this one seemed to be a bit too slow for me. I did break a sweat, but a small one. If you are a beginner to working out at home this may be a good place for you to start. I will use this on days when I don't have a lot of energy, but still desire to exercise."
A chance of pace from other dance videos
Gail | Iowa | 01/25/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This dance DVD is a nice change of pace from the usual latin/jazz/hip hop routines that are typical in the marketplace.
1. There is a separate step guide that comes on this DVD. Unless you are already familiar with line dancing, I strongly recommend you do the step guide first as the instructor does not slow down during the routines to teach you a new step. In the step guide, the instructor walks you through the step in half time and then takes you up to speed. You learn 10 new steps and some of them are a bit complicated. There is not a lot of repetition, so I even recommend you try the step guide a couple of times before doing the routines.
2. What I like about this DVD is that the steps are complicated and there are a lot of steps to a routine, so it keeps you interested. If you're just looking for a simple dance routine, this may not be the one for you. Normally, I can do most dance DVD's pretty well on the second or third attempt. I think it will take me about 5 or 6 times before I get down all of the routines.
3. There is some hopping, so the DVD is not totally low impact. If you don't hop, you can modify the steps fairly easily.
4. Because of the style of the dance, there is less upper body movement than the typical dance DVD. My feet stay pretty busy, so I don't miss the arm movements. I have also found that this DVD is good for improving balance.
5. Like most dance DVD's, it does not give the very physically fit an challenging workout. But it's fun and keeps you interested.
6. The instructor does a fair to good job of cuing, but there is some room for improvement.
All in all, I do like this dance video and I recommend it as a lot of fun. If you like this DVD you may also like dance DVD's with Jennifer Galardi as the instructor. She offers routines with similar intensity, slightly less complexity in the foot work and more upper body movement. Enjoy!
Great Fun Dance Video-Excellent Instruction
Mer | Juneau, AK | 01/08/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I own all of the Dance off the Inches series, and I really love this one! It is so much fun, and line dancing is really a nice change of dance. The instructor is southern style with excellent instruction and cueing. The DVD is very well organized and the dances flow well. I can see how it could seem low impact because line dancing doesn't use as many arm movements (thumbs are tucked in pockets or waistline). However, I am an intermediate and found it to be a great workout. I took my hands out of my pockets and let my arms flow with the moves. Also, since line dancing can be tricky with the feet, since you're kicking your "boots" up, it makes the routine easier to follow if you don't have alot of arm movements to incorporate. I would really like to see more line dancing DVD's and the instructor did a wonderful job. This is fun for a beginner or intermediate. I should note that of all the Dance off the Inches DVD's, I have never had to use the step guide that is provided on the DVD. However, this is the first time I did utilize the step guide. And although there are some fancy feet moves, they are easy to follow with a little patience, and I picked it up after a few times. Great DVD and guaranteed to have alot fun doing it!"