Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Eaten Alive |
Two-Disc Special Edition
Actors: Tracey Adams, Janus Blythe, Neville Brand, Marilyn Burns, Robert Englund
Genres: Horror, Science Fiction & Fantasy
Restored and Remastered ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Meet the Maniac and his Friend!
Steve Woods | San Francisco, CA | 02/15/2000
(5 out of 5 stars)
"First off: Elite's widescreen DVD is terrific - this is the best this film is ever going to look. This semi-disappointing follow-up to Texas Chainsaw Massacre involves a lunatic who kills guests and feeds their bodies to a crocodile that lives in the next door swamp. Things are off to a slow start at the beginning (you get a lot of sleazy decor) but once Hooper cranks up the action to ram speed there are enough ladies screaming, prostitutes running, lords-a-leaping, maids-a-milking - you get the idea. The only problem is the hotel set. It looks like a cheap set. In the chase scenes, there is no camera movement - everyone just runs around in circles in one wide shot. The crocodile is not the most realistic thing ever (the victims can be seen forcing themselves into its mouth). Yet, the performances are good and the whole affair is actually very disturbing. On that note, I recommend you check into this "Horror Hotel" for a little "Starlight Slaughter" if you know what I mean."
3 1/2 stars - Especially for fans of The Texas Chainsaw Mass
Korwedge | Seattle, WA USA | 03/13/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Eaten Alive is a fun and twisted low-budget horror that fans of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre will enjoy. Three of the original cast and crew take part in this movie, and as you watch, you will often be reminded of TCM. The soundtrack to this film is very similar to TCM, but still original.
There is a fair amount of unnecessary dialogue and adding crocidiles to this storyline seems a bit gimmicky, besides, they look really fake. Expect a small amount of really well done gore effects.
The story here isn't really about the crocodiles at all, it's about the creepy motel manager. He is really strange, but not nearly as creepy as some of the characters in Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Overall Eaten Alive is a better than average horror flick that verges on being really creepy! 3 1/2 STARS"
"THE TEXAS GATOR MASSACRE"
creatureart | Massachusetts | 09/21/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"now this is the real "TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 2" I mean this flick is just flat out great!!!!! I love it!! Weather people want to admit it or not this flick has alot of the same quality atmosphere that (T.C.M.)has. The psycho in this flick is a psycho!!! He reminds u of all three sick-os in (T.C.M.)"leatherface" "weasley little brother" & "the cook" all rolled up in one nuttt cake of a dude & in my opinion thats where 75% of the creeeepy sick-o atmosphere comes from. The other 25% is split between the gator & the isolated setting. This is TOBE HOOPER'S ultimate underrated movie & I truley believe that this movie would have been recieved much better by the public & critics if it wasn't for the massive sucsess of "TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE" & also if it wasn't released so soon after (T.C.M.) there might have been some breathing room for it to blossom on its own. Anyway I think this belongs in every true fanz horror collection with out a doubt!! So get it! Later on fellow horror fanz!!! E!!!N!!!J!!!O!!!Y!!!"
Welcome to Horror Hotel
ZombieMan 5000 | Burnham, Maine United States | 02/02/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Having done mostly TV prior to Eaten Alive Neville Brand stands out as a psychotic redneck who owns a dilapidated hotel in the backwater swamps of Louisiana. He kills people and feeds their bodies to a large pet crocodile he keeps in the swamp beside his estableshment. Also of note is a very young Robert Englund as Buck the local punk. although not even close to Tobe Hoopers Texas Chainsaw Massacre it does have bad acting, gratuitous nudity, and a splattering of gore to make it viewable as a friday night B-movie. . FYI This is ranked against other B-movies. To rank it against Hollywood blockbusters puts it at about 2 stars."